ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

^The sour grapes in me from missing out on this contest were just thinking about the people who got a pair and haven't posted any updates. Boo! to them. However this has still been a contest/thread worth following so well done to those that have contributed.

Aw, you're making me feel bad. I was just trying to egg on some of the slower posters. Everybody has contributed, except rnrswitch, unless you count smack-talking as a contribution.

Though he did have a point about Rising Sun- I think actually Micheal wanted to stop in there? So probably hit that too this weekend.

Markus- that is likely the greatest father/son photo I have ever seen.

I should almost be on Roy6's list, at least for the past few weeks. Life should catch up this weekend, and I should have Internet service again on Monday so I don't have to do everything on my stinking phone.

Meanwhile, my Roys and I are sitting in the dark of my new living room, contemplating today's offer to be the field biology teacher at my daughter's school. It's only a block away from the new house :)

^Speaking of which-

Roll Call of Shame:

rnrswitch

entertainment

cash (borderline)

TheClerk

fardin

dr.house

aho

medine

pomato

ranonranonarat (though I think you have some good reason...)

edit- alright, not erk, who posted less than a month ago.

we've done better than most other contests but I agree, it's still pretty disappointing. Everyone, when they ordered the jeans, promised to provide photo updates once a month.

^Speaking of which-

Roll Call of Shame

I support this endeavor. I want Pomata in this to win it, but we did agree that in the event of any mis-fittings, the ROYxCones would be resold at cost to a new participant and the outset. I fully understand aho and ranon's petering out contributions, but at least they're still around and participating. Frustrating that others have fully fallen off the radar.

Having said that, I'm likely to be toeing the line of joining that list soon, given that I'll shortly be in a situation in which regular posting will be quite difficult.

Meanwhile, my Roys and I are sitting in the dark of my new living room, contemplating today's offer to be the field biology teacher at my daughter's school. It's only a block away from the new house :)

Exciting! Congratulations on the offer, whether or not you take it! Is your daughter still of the age where that would be "cool" or are you entering "lame" territory yet?

My Roys and I are still recovering from going to Mister Freedom for the first time about 6 hours ago. Pure ecstasy. Too much going on in there

Hahhaa, I have a great mental image of you walking into that store. Pics?

we've done better than most other contests but I agree, it's still pretty disappointing. Everyone, when they ordered the jeans, promised to provide photo updates once a month.

Seconded, as above.

I'll be in Los Angeles this weekend, and will be going to the Rose Bowl flea market with Sansome, Farhad & IhateBrianWilliams (at least) around 9am and then hopefully to Roscoes FC & W (please look at the commercial on their website if you need any convincing at all) in Pasadena around 1pm.

If anyone wants to join us for either/both and isn't too hung over from the Self Edge party, give me a pm and I'll give you my cell phone# so we can find one another.

Awe maaaaaan, wish I could be there with you guys! Re-do in four months, please!

Shit's about to get different and crazy over here

Oh dear, log on for the first tie in ages to find my name on a roll call of shame. To be honest it fully deserves to be there so apologies all round. To be honest I was just glad I wasn't the only name there.

To try and catch up here's the first of some photo updates from my time away. Let's start with me looking like a dodgy old man at a street party. This was a wedding celebration for a lovely posh couple that lots of people got all flag wavey about. Good party with a huge dub sound system on the streets of brighton. And me not being able to dance.

RoysStreet_party.jpg

^Truly. Who else wants to take one of those apparently unused contest jeans? Setterman? Maynard Friedman? Who can take rnr's size 26s?

Thanks for the offer, but I could maybe fit one of my legs into a pair of girly size 26s. ;-)

ill wear the roys everyday if someone wants to send me their pair, they can still take the winning. the care he puts into his jeans deserves some grail fades.

^Speaking of which-

Roll Call of Shame:

rnrswitch

entertainment

cash (borderline)

TheClerk

fardin

dr.house

aho

medine

pomato

ranonranonarat (though I think you have some good reason...)

edit- alright, not erk, who posted less than a month ago.

Sorry, I forgot this was a jeans contest. I thought it was just an online social forum. Will post pics soon.

Exciting! Congratulations on the offer, whether or not you take it! Is your daughter still of the age where that would be "cool" or are you entering "lame" territory yet?

Thanks! It definitely would be exciting, as it's something I love doing. It would only be part time, so the hard part is trying to figure out how to make it work with my other job, which is full time. I'm going to try going to 3/4 time on that job, as long as I don't lose my benefits! I'm definitely still cool. It would be for grades 4-8, and she was disappointed it wasn't third also. I had to remind her that she would eventually be in fourth grade.

OK, I finally managed to figure out the best combination of iphone photos>upload via app>post on work computer, so here's a montage of my past couple of weeks>

Bakery, of course

76ccbcfc.jpg

Hand dyed bandanas at the Farmer's Market

c48e266c.jpg

Win at Mouse trap

dfaed9fc.jpg

Build robotic lizard (Wiring mishap leads to it only walking backwards)

5d1eb8fc.jpg

Move tons of shit.

2ded0b89.jpg

To the new house!

a188ae42.jpg

Who needs a time machine when you can just have a 'map to fucher'?

1df3eb6c.jpg

The future is right in my back yard! I never would have guessed.

4753d5fa.jpg

Helped a friend demolish his basement.

35ef9a41.jpg

Will post some proper update photos soon, but here's a blurry teaser

5b2167da.jpg

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get a shitty update from me:

fuckroy1.jpg

Rope-a-dope

fuckroy2.jpg

Mike was asking about Iron Oxide slabs, here's a photo.

fuckroy3.jpg

It's been an unusually wet spring. Tons of snow still in the mountains.

top-image-1301.jpg

Here is an archive photo from 1983, the last time we had similar snowpack conditions. This photo was taken a few blocks from my house. When the storm drains failed they just diverted the water down major roads. I remember dropping my dad off to sandbag. My elementary school's ball fields were designed to be an overflow basin, so we had no outside recess for the first few months of school as the fields were full of water.

fuckroy4.jpg

My USN watch cap was accidentally washed in the machine. I think it looks better on him.

fuckroy5.jpg

Learned to walk about 2 weeks ago.

fuckroy7.jpg

My Grandma died, so I've been toasting her with the good stuff. Not as baller as California-Roy6, but I enjoy what meager pleasures life affords me.

fuckroy6.jpg

(My apologies, I do collect photos, I just don't post very often. Frankly, if anyone finds the last set of photos inspiring at all, let me know. I feel it's all pretty pedestrian and not really worthy of a post. I guess I only speak up when I have something to say -- quality-over-quantity concept.)

(My apologies, I do collect photos, I just don't post very often. Frankly, if anyone finds the last set of photos inspiring at all, let me know. I feel it's all pretty pedestrian and not really worthy of a post. I guess I only speak up when I have something to say -- quality over quantity concept.)

I think the everyday life (pedestrian) posts are great. Keep em coming. BTW I'd love to see one of you Utah guys take the Roy's to Bryce Canyon and take some photos. I love that place.

(My apologies, I do collect photos, I just don't post very often. Frankly, if anyone finds the last set of photos inspiring at all, let me know. I feel it's all pretty pedestrian and not really worthy of a post. I guess I only speak up when I have something to say -- quality-over-quantity concept.)

Hmmn, beautiful scenery, record setting weather, walking babies, a family death, vintage washing misfortune, world-class jeans & really good whiskey- you're right. Nothing of interest there.

Hmmn, beautiful scenery, record setting weather, walking babies, a family death, vintage washing misfortune, world-class jeans & really good whiskey- you're right. Nothing of interest there.

Point taken.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: never underestimate the extent to which what is ordinary and pedestrian to you is unusual and interesting to others.

Roy - those are looking terrific! Keep it up!

Yesterday, overexposed.

IMG_1745.jpg

Today, White Tee Worn Jawnz Day

IMG_1757.jpg

Sometimes life just happens....If I had known I would land the job I have now, working 10/11+ hours a day, I wouldn't have joined in on the contest knowing I would realistically only be able to wear them two hours a day before passing out for the night and repeating the same process the next day. If I was a student, or if I had a job where jeans were allowed, it'd be a different story. But as I said, life happens, and to be honest I'm just happy to keep the lights on...Everyone actively taking part however is KILLING it, and god knows I wish I could be joining in on the fun...

yeah too bad about those who are on the "shame list"!...dunno why they don`t post but all in all i`m pissed that i passed out on this...

otherwise there would have been many many posts/pics :)