ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Who'd have thought Katz was only just starting the coolest ROY tour around.

Sorry to see you go Ran, but I think you did well with your successor.

Roy and Sansomes' don't even look like the same jeans.

Dig the photoessay Cash. My mental soundtrack sort of did that record scratch a few pictures down.

@Ranon - that was a gracious & classy way to end your leg with the Roys my friend! I will miss your updates (tho I'm sure my waistline will benefit ;) )! Hope you will drop by often & keep us honest :)

ADH - welcome aboard! Looks like you will have an exciting summer ahead - looking forward to your posts!

Good stuff Cash! Man I wish Bill wa still around!

Paul - never admit to being one of those sleezy writer types :P

Roy, Sansome, Robbie - awesome!

That jerk on the left, is clearly showing superior wear on his Roy's:D

Nah, look closer. That stuff that looks like fades, that's just dirt.

DSC_5800.jpg

ADH- very glad to have you along. Interesting to have one uncuffed evo.

lso8t.jpg

zissou- those look very fine. The front-runner. But now you're out of menial tasks, aren't you? :)

Good shots Roy6 - looks like quite a gathering.

So, in a move towards further redemption, here's some pics from my little absence. My Grandmother recently celebrated her 99th birthday. As a birthday treat took her up the Spinnaker tower in Portsmouth.

The 170 m / 557 ft tower:

Roy_spinnaker1.jpg

Although Granny hates the architecture of the tower itself it was interesting to see the city she has lived in all her life laid out before us. This is the view over the harbour out to the west:

Roys_spinnaker3.jpg

And HMS Warriour and HMS Victory:

Roys_spinnaker4.jpg

Finally me and Granny

Roys_spinnaker5.jpg

zissou- those look very fine. The front-runner. But now you're out of menial tasks, aren't you? :)

Thanks, riff. Yeah, I am out of renovation work, but I have plenty of friends who need help with theirs ;)

SELA party looks epic. It would have been great to meet you guys, not to mention Mr. Loiron himself!

5) When you add the whiskey, you want to select something with a sweeter flavor than say an Islay Scotch. I think Rye mixes very well.

Did a full double-take followed by a loud snorting-chuckle at this one. Well played!

NYC, mid July. Because I'm promoting a book I need an i-visa - they do allow you to say in the US for extended periods, altho sadly I'm only over for a week.

You'll have to come for a longer visit sometime! We really hate journalists that much, eh? Nice priorities, America...

Who'd have thought Katz was only just starting the coolest ROY tour around.

Wha?

Roy6- great photos. I'm sure you're all getting tired of hearing me say this about everything, but: I wish I coulda been there!

So, in a move towards further redemption, here's some pics from my little absence. My Grandmother recently celebrated her 99th birthday. As a birthday treat took her up the Spinnaker tower in Portsmouth.

Damn your a good grandson - what a proud grandmother you must have! And what seriously good genes you've got there, man...

call_bike.jpg

It was my ol' lady's birthday and some friends threw her a little party last night. My buddy just bought this bike. '88 R100 with 13,000 original miles. Got it for a song. I'm green with envy.

call_view.jpg

He lives a charmed life. Here is the view from the evenings dinner table.call_night.jpg

After the sun went down.

call_fit.jpg

(You'll forgive the low quality photos and pretentious PS processing).

My Roy's qnd my friend's 65 Buick Riviera

Watch the exposed rivets!!! ;)

Doesn't belong to a friend of mine, but I used to work at the place that had the last wooden whaling ship in existence.

charles_w_morgan.jpg

My RxCs went for a ride, had something to eat, hung out with some friends:

5834705783_79259637f1_o.jpg

5835258980_fb3834bf22_o.jpg

5835259400_a465a507ca_o.jpg

5835279320_d3b7a7b374_o.jpg

5835259492_d2b80b0476_o.jpg

5835259772_abdc8faf5e_b.jpg

5834707237_892dae91f8_b.jpg

5835260408_7f1970a826_o.jpg

Hipsterfest 2011!!! And why does Self Edge always look/feel so sterile. Almost the antithesis to Mister Freedom... and right around the corner!!!

Still a bit jealous that I couldn't meet up with ya.

Mystic Seaport - are you from CT?

Yup! I spent my first 21 years in Mystic. I take it you've been?

Our very own mike Harris is having a book signing at the Levi's Malibu store tomorrow. I'll be there.

ba7f61a1.jpg

Ah man. I get back from quebec tonight, but not enough time to make it back.

Here are some update pics.

6 months in:

_IGP7925.JPG

_IGP7926.JPG

Details:

_IGP7927.JPG

_IGP7928.JPG

Color is probly most accurate in the last picture.

Keep it up boys(and girl)! Ill have more up later too.

Hey, who said you could put pictures of me on the SuFu?! (10)

I also look far more cheerful than I felt that night.

So inconsiderate of me. I'll try to do better. Hey, may I pretty please post this picture of you on the interwebz?

5834775407_80b499c715_b.jpg

I know the left guy from the jeans documentation (faded blue planet (?)), he's that street taylor, right?

I haven't seen that documentary, but this is Julian. He came down with his (interns? Apprentices? Flunkies? What are you cLavin?) Calvin and Sam (below) for the SE party, but they ended up spending most of their time in the back room working on one of the SE machines that was on the fritz:

5839889179_fc64fcfca2_b.jpg

5840436516_5412e18b1b_b.jpg

Awesome picture.

Looks like you guys had a blast, I'm really kicking myself for not buying that ticket.

I did think about you periodically during the drive:

5840438518_71b463cd3a_o.jpg

totally random, but it was great seeing you again, Roy6...

It's always a pleasure to see you too, Beatle. Especially at that SE party- I wasn't sure if I were going to get any LA denim attitude (I didn't).

From the Rose Bowl (I took pics of ThisSunday as well, but the lighting was wack):

5839887523_70f41c64e7_o.jpg

If anyone wondered what we bought, Mike picked up that sweet 50s/60s duck hunting jacket, I got the '40s Swiss army shirt on my shoulder in Brian's pics, Brian came close to getting this very nice pair of ('40s? Army dress?) boots:

5839889079_219de1756d_o.jpg

ThisSunday and his lady both had big full-looking bags that no one got to peek into, and Beatle picked up these beauties, which I'm expecting to see hovering above German soil soon:

5840434930_a327c417af_b.jpg