ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

I checked, to make sure ROY hadn't put two pairs in Charlie's box - just one. I haven't unfolded them or looked at them, I saw the pocket flasher and the spikes of the buckle, and have sealed the box to send it on tomorrow.

The Dr got ROY to send them to me as he thought he'd be in Oz at the time. Oh, how the plans of mice and men gang aft agley.

ARE YOU MAD???

we all aware now about the disastrous state of your post system.i even had the unpleasant pleasure of expirience it myself with my Fullcounts.

if you send them again there is a high risk of them getting lost completely.

so jump in your Volvo(should be more reliable than the english post) and deliver them directly!

ARE YOU MAD???

we all aware now about the disastrous state of your post system.i even had the unpleasant pleasure of expirience it myself with my Fullcounts.

so jump in your Volvo(should be more reliable than the english post) and deliver them directly!

In our defence, the italian and french postal systems are a complete lottery too (many 'lost' items)

In Greenwich I think you'll find they drive Toyota Yaris'.

ARE YOU MAD???

I would... but I"m risking my ass on the unreliable English train system tomorrow. Friend's birthday up North. Just as well I won't be wearing my ROYs for the trip, I will end up drinlking too much to show I'm not an effete southern twat and will likely end up with head down a toilet.

But maybe I should deliver to THe Clerk. Check out his pad...

car1a.jpg

ROYs are dry and I rather like the fit of these, I wonder if I'm a yay or a nay...?

You're a yay. Those look great on you.

Random Cone x Roy related comment from work today:

" Ohh, are those your new jeans robbie? I really like the wash, where did you get those Herbergers? They kind of look like these jeans I saw at the Gap too"

:confused:

Anyways, everyone is looking good. I am guessing TG is going to have a mega head start as she has sweat on her side with the humidity she mentioned.

Random Cone x Roy related comment from work today:

" Ohh, are those your new jeans robbie? I really like the wash, where did you get those Herbergers? They kind of look like these jeans I saw at the Gap too"

:confused:

Anyways, everyone is looking good. I am guessing TG is going to have a mega head start as she has sweat on her side with this humidity and all.

thats a really nice comment,robbie.all you need now to complete the style is to get those "Easy Spirit" shoes from Herbergers.

So I remember some of y'all talking about loom chatter on your denim. Why no macro shots :eek:. Get on it man.

Nonsense! I am simply adhering to beatle's Rule #6 and indirectly to #1. Comparing doing actual work in these jeans to taking sandpaper to them is a downright travesty.

I guess I was supposed to put in that 10char thing (whatever that is)

Here's my coveralls over ROYs. First was an impromptu starter replacement on the old F250, with second being a little in the continuing saga of the cursed '83 Civic.

startersmall.jpg

hondanoheadsmall.jpg

I guess I was supposed to put in that 10char thing (whatever that is)

Here's my coveralls over ROYs. First was an impromptu starter replacement on the old F250, with second being a little in the continuing saga of the cursed '83 Civic.

Ah, good to hear. I was worried that we'd get into some argument about someone 'wearing them the wrong way'. But, I figured you gentlemen and lady were cooler than that :) I like seeing the Roys doing work!

That's a fantastic fit, fre$co.

I would... but I"m risking my ass on the unreliable English train system tomorrow. Friend's birthday up North. Just as well I won't be wearing my ROYs for the trip, I will end up drinlking too much to show I'm not an effete southern twat and will likely end up with head down a toilet.

But maybe I should deliver to THe Clerk. Check out his pad...

car1a.jpg

Goddam it, I seem to have moved..... that would explain why I haven't got my ROYs yet. Maybe tomorrow.....

BTW Paul, thought you were on the wagon?

I am guessing TG is going to have a mega head start as she has sweat on her side with the humidity she mentioned.

nah... i havent worn mine yet, got 2 weeks left of mr freedoms for the DD+2 tour.... but ive actually been wearing my boxers as shorts (non commando) most days, even wore my skulls today and mr was like, hmmm thought id seen the end of those for a year. guess he knows the rules better than me.

Will the UK boys be able to make up for lost time?

We never talked about this, did we. We don't have to have a hard end date- those who got their jeans late could keep wearing theirs for the appropriate length of time after those of us who started on Jan 1st stop, or at least turn in our final photos. There are also at least four of us in a tour, which would mean time out from the contest jeans.

How does everyone feel about time extensions for late recipients and/or tour members?

I also vote for sticking to 2 Jan - but I think the Euros should have a heavier vote on this one since you all are getting behind.

NO MERCY for tour folks though! You're taking time off of your own volition. Suckers.

roy6 - love the bandanna placement!

regarding the map... okay, who's the joker "Placemark 8" who's practically in the Arctic? And how about "Placemark 12"? And Medine - what are you doing in the middle of the Atlantic?

I think ROY likes his bandanna...

75245001bb975f968f03ccf48ef65c029de4967.jpg

And today's fit-pic. The Uganda dust is already settling in (not that you can tell from this photo)...

752645941fd9aca671984a6c4a3e596dbbb9ea0.jpg