Samurai S500JX-LR Contest

beautiful_FrEaK

@b_f- yeah, dry for me has to be dry in the legs, but the buttonfly or front pockets can still be damp. I just hate the feeling of damp clothes I don't know why, just always have. And I threw them in the washer on Warm/cold cycle though instead of a soak.

@megatron, thanks for the rep before :) And, like I said I can already see some very light electric blue on the crotch area so I can tell these are going to be some fast fading jeans. Although, I am starting to think either the left or right side is going to fade quicker than the other.

when were your pair shipped to you? is the post that slow in Russia?

can't wait to also see pics from you.

they was shipped 24 dec, but we had some massive issues in Moscow airports,

so probably my pair is still in Japan, due to airports crap + holidays. I mailed Yuichi-san, so mostlikely he will ask japanesse EMS after holidays.

Its most likely a transport issue.

After mikecch' idea:

Soaking according to Samurai's "Master"

First (not mentioned but it's important to me), protecting the leather patch.

I used 3 layers of Red Wing Boot Oil during the last days and today one final layer of SnoSeal

P1020590.jpg

Filling the bathtub with the hottest tap water. (I was so hot that I couldn't put my hand in the water. That is why I got scared about my leather patch and added cold water later.)

P1020592.jpg

Added ordinary salt to the water

P1020593.jpg

P1020594.jpg

Contrary to the "Master", I put the jeans inside-out in the water

P1020596.jpg

Good stuff mate!

Why does the water look like Miso soup?

Mine had an attempted delivery but I was out of town. For EMS, will they just be at my post office (USPS)?

I should be able to get em tomorrow!

They should be. Sometimes they will attempt a redelivery, but most of the time, they don't.

Unless your post office has Sunday pick-up for Express Mail packages, you might have to wait until Monday to get them.

Good fit. Man you are tall.

I'm loving the no leg twist with this pair. The 18oz isn't as heavy as I thought and the weave is very breathable, summer doesn't look like it's going to be so bad. I find myself comparing random parts here and there to find what direction the twill is in. And the lining is a lovely touch, although I kinda wish I could see what it fully looks like with purple being one of my favorite colors.

First fit pics of my S500JX-LR after two warm soaks (last one was more a handwash). Still a bit damp on those pics.

Holidays made me bigger ;)

S500JXLRpostsoak.jpg

Def a GREAT fit! looking almost like the same fit I got on my Double Volantes! Love the cuff as well!

thx a lot!

I will definately take some new pics when I think the fit has turned to the better.

For now I just love to look at my legs. On the left leg you can clerly see the LHT pattern whereas on the right, it's hard to capture. The LHT is woven cleaner. And I have to say, the color is pretty dark on those. laxlife124 said he already sees signs of wear so I think they mights used some fillers/other stuff for the dark color?

edit: it would also be interesting if someone in this contest will wash them regularly and someone who won't wash the for whole year and then compare the differences of LHT to RHT in terms of fading and durability

Right folks! Here's my fit pics.

Honestly, not very satisfy with the pre-soak, but after soaking there is a considerable shrinking.

P1022219.jpg

P1022221.jpg

P1022223.jpg

Sam.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

However, still not pleased....just threw the jeans into washing machine, water only, off tumble, inside-out this time.

I'm hopeful for tomorrow's fit :)

P1032241.jpg

P1032250.jpg

Some bonus

P1032249.jpg