Samurai S500JX-LR Contest

beautiful_FrEaK

Funny how one side is all creases.

But hey, we all know this is going to be a special contest as people who got too many denims and not enough time to break in to them, this contest enables you to do so by having two denims every time you wear it! How awesome is that!

I am expecting different tone of fades on each side but I do hope the whiskers, honey combs, stacks, etc. remain pretty even.

Trying to share my post-soak fit but my parents' blasted PC is being finicky; go figure. My initial impression of these - beyond how enamored of the ultra-dark (almost black) 2-weave twills - is that I'm very happy I sized up 1. The seem to fit slimmer than my 15oz S0500xx's through the thigh, but wider thru the waist.

They laterally shrunk a lot after a hot soak with ZERO leg twist, which I assume owes the front panels being cut from an opposite weave to the back (???). If so, that tension between the 2 sides of each leg might have also augmented horizontal shrinkage. Vertical shrinkage definitely seems less than typically. I might have even SU2 - sz. 33, if anyone decides their 33 is too big and wants to trade for a 32 - for a fuller leg more to my liking, but the other aspects of these are so dope, I'll be more than content with them as is.

Alright, recieved the jeans. Fit pics up later.

Here are the details, and it is wat I expected, very interesting and even more intrigued to see how it fade...

Parcel from Pirates

IMG00060-20101230-1708.jpg

PC302131.jpg

Hemmed potion

PC302132.jpg

Closed up of LHT and RHT

PC302134.jpg

The actual leg opening, LHT and RHT

PC302136.jpg

See anything funny?

This is the left leg, which is LHT but the left back pocket is RHT, left yoke is also RHT.

PC302138.jpg

Clearer and bigger version, basically all in vice versa....

PC302143.jpg

Close-up

PC302146.jpg

PC302147.jpg

Really awesome leather patch

PC302145.jpg

WOW THAT WAS FAST. The jeans went out Monday?...it took them 3 DAYS to arrive from JAPAN. UPS Ground in the CONUS is slower... -___-... This is incredible at how fast it took them to arrive, and I was in no way expecting these so it pretty much made my day (shitty morning don't ask). Anyways, I took some pics, I know there are a lot of pics already, but I decided to take them anyways.

Will have a post soak fit once I wash them.

Anyways, here are the pics:

IMAG0345.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

29x36

IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0349.jpg

Selvage coin pocket (WTFFFF?!?!?!)

IMAG0350.jpg

IMAG0351.jpg

IMAG0352.jpg

Here is a pre-soak fit pic:

IMAG0353.jpg