Samurai S500JX-LR Contest

beautiful_FrEaK

@ BF Why are you opting to go with a size 34? IMO your size 33 0500's posted in the Samurai thread are one of your best fits. Do you know something about the 500JX-LR measurements? Just wondering.

As far as whether I'm in or not I'll let you know by Friday. Just picked up a pair of 660's and a Sugar Cane belt.

the fades might be different but only time will tell.

about me ordering size 34: as many Ltd. Ed. and cuts with heavier denim shrink from tag size I'd be safe to go TTS/SDO for me. So I assume these start at the same waist as my S0500XX and if they are bigger...well that it's more comfy.

And you have to see that my S0500XX has just been soaked twice and not yet seen a real wash.

Im keen to join , when is the due date for confirmation b_f?

tomorrow ;)

about the "adjustment of size": it's like in the Eternal contest. As these have to be pre-ordered we can't just switch. We could change with each other.

So tomorrow I'll mail Yuichi the sizes you all said on then he orders these sizes from Samurai. That's why I go rather TTS then sizing down too much. I just assume that these will shrink FROM tag size...nobody is certain about that

I thought I share why I'm not afraid of ordering these before I know the actual size:

All my jeans measure 34,5" in the waist after some wear (I wear a belt though). My Samurais just like my Denime, Evisu, SDA or Warehouse. Some started bigger than 34" and some were 34" raw.

As all unsanforized denim is able to stretch back to its raw measurements (at least in the waist) and even beyond I have no fear if the S500JX measures 34" (which is kinda TTS). They will stretch out. If they are bigger than tagged, then they will shrink to 34" with time/soaks/washes. And the belt will safe me for too much stretching.

The "problem zone" now may be the fit in the thighs. But IMO the S0500XX is very good cut which is rarely too tight in the thighs (when you don't size down like crazy) and I can't remember seeing hip flare. Most likely nobody's gonna size up 2 or 3 from his true waist, right?

With all this said, if you'er unsure just go TTS.

I just paid my pre-order "fee"