Samurai S500JX-LR Contest

beautiful_FrEaK

Both right and left sides use some of the most unique Samurai denim I remember. I'd be curious to hear from them how this 18oz variety differs from their others, but it seems atypical of the brand. Definitely darker. It's softened the blow to know that - although they don't bear details as neat as the contest Roy's trouser pockets or buckle-back - these will fade cooler. That's right, I said it!

i certainly don't feel like it's 18oz. weave is very breathable. mine are pretty soft right now, like pansy soft. maybe from machine wash. as for fading...i dunno if these will be COOLER, but i do notice that my left pant has more electric blue than my right pant

In terms of fading, both sides are equal right now. I think left will fade faster than right though.

took a fit to bump this thread up. Little sloppy, but then again they are being stacked, and I am only 5'6". Great fits to everyone else though, still waiting for these to really settle and loosen up, but they are well on their way, and very comfy.

IMAG0681.jpg

Giving mine a cold machine rinse as we speak following 1 hot soak and 7 days of wear. Just wanted to soften them slightly to avert crotch rip chiefly. I still feel like the 18oz. denim will deliver plenty of friction without any residual starch.

Looking forward to post new pics subsequently.

Fit pics after my cold machine rinse (normal cycle w/ spin, no detergent). Dryer beware. These fuckers SHRINK:

Before:

IMG_0336.jpg

After:

IMG_0358.jpg

Lost 1" in the inseam (34.5 to 33.5) and it feels like at least that much in the waist (now 31") and hip, although I didn't measure prior to washing.

Even though I prefer a looser fit, I'm happier how these after turned out since leg seems better shaped and the denim's much softer and won't abrade so quickly about the crotch (balls). I'd still like a little MORE hip flare, which I know is Sufu sacrilege. I'm hoping that's nothing a few walks can't improve.

another tips..is use a candle n wax it all over the patch..give it nice even thick layer.n iron the patch with medium heat..once the wax is melted it will go trough inside the leather..this will keep out ur patch from shrink .due to hot soaked will kill the leather..once u done ..it will turn shining effects really nice .try it...u guys will thnk me..for sure.

pic of a patch after this method?

^I think it is the same here in america as Germany.

Anyone else noticing any changes on their copper? Mine are showing some nice changes (little exaggerated in the pics though).

1296854878949.jpg

Here's todays fit btw, cuffed 2x cause I wanted a different look today.

1297125700552.jpg

B_F; no time for meatballs in IKEA? what gives? ;)

once (no idea when that will be) I finish renovating my house, i'll get an entirely new furniture assortment at IKEA myself.

didn't know that about the 0500. i'm just living the student life- studying walking around, biking around, but i'm mostly sitting on my ass all day. i really didn't expect to see broken threads at this point, but a couple of backstitches should take care of that

1297380894008.jpg

S500's, not good lighting, but all I can work with. Nearing the month mark for me, which is in 30 days (been favoring my SG's), but I promise I will wear for the next 6 days straight, and in 6 days time I will give a good update--or 7 depending on whether or not I have bright light.

Oh, also don't mind the slippers, didn't feel like putting on shoes just for a picture.

I swear, these are the most awesomest jeans ever!!! Finally they have exactly 1 month on them, and the fades are pretty awesome, I did a hot soak <1 week ago so the creases are re-setting again, and the pictures are a bit washed out but, I can't do anything about that, best I can do.

1298124702693.jpg

1298124784350.jpg

1298124751960.jpg

1298124831150.jpg

1298124813007.jpg