Samurai S500JX-LR Contest

beautiful_FrEaK

i really need a wash on mine. they started to get that funk smell to them a couple weeks ago (close to a month?). but since i don't really have access to a camera, so imma hold off for a couple weeks until i can borrow my sisters.

hope b_f doesn't mind, but I believe he has an obbigood samurai LTD wallet, and this is quoted from HDC.

Edit: I would wait for him though, just thought it would help though.

The belt is the Quecrus belt from Terry Dear. that belt mikecch organized. 15oz natural oak tanned leather

probably i will wash my pair often, once in 2 months or so. not sure yet, because i want to see how they will fade and stretch.

b_F, may i ask what kind of wallet, wallet holder and belt you had on your pics?

very nice looking!

I'm not b_F but i can answer your questions as well :)

wallet + rein: handmade+bought from www.obbigoodlabel.com

-> click for wallet!

-> click for rein!

belt: the belt is the "Joe Hill belt" from unlucky (a.k.a. Scott Willis)...it was a group order and imo there won't be any remakes!

-> click for more info! PART 1

->click for more info! PART 2

(blog belongs to mikecch!)

Not a whole update just some updates from me... Just detailed things... The color on the pics is for the most part accurate, and so are the parts with the fades. Going into the city to get these hemmed hopefully this weekend for my birthday! Woot woot, almost eligible to drive.

Crotch:

5510530991_6eb0da7b38.jpg

Random Rivet

5511132328_6b0b844fa5.jpg

Patch

5511133406_757f160710.jpg

Back Pocket

5511134582_d2db351450.jpg

I'm not b_F but i can answer your questions as well :)

wallet + rein: handmade+bought from www.obbigoodlabel.com

-> click for wallet!

-> click for rein!

belt: the belt is the "Joe Hill belt" from unlucky (a.k.a. Scott Willis)...it was a group order and imo there won't be any remakes!

-> click for more info! PART 1

->click for more info! PART 2

(blog belongs to mikecch!)

ThinFinn is only partly correct. The wallet is correct and the rein too.

But the belt is not the Joe Hill Belt. It's the Quercus Belt like laxlife said. It was from the first special group order mikecch organized. The maker is Terry Dear. You might find him by googling. But I'm not sure if you can still order that custom made belt.

edit: Number 140 :)

^^ Haha, had to check out what the commotion was about - gotten a lot of unexpected clicks on my blog from the Samurai thread (thanks for the link up ThinFinn & b_F!)

Both belts are beautiful, but the Joe Hill project missed out on two VIPs - maybe next time then ;)

Back on track though, can you guys provide some description as to the texture of the two sides of the jeans, both when new and after some use?

After seeing some of the pictures in this thread, I'm seriously considering getting one of the Campaign jeans after the RxC contest finishes - the denim looks lovely, and the fit looks spot-on on you guys!

It's hard to describe IMO. When worn, I don't feel a difference between LHT and RHT. The texture of the RHT is very similar to the 15oz Texas Cotton enim from Lot.12 onwards. So less slubby and more regular.

The LHT denim is even a tad cleaner woven and you can notice the weaving perfectly. And I have to say, for 18oz I thought the denim would have a thicker touch. I think the 17oz Zero denim feels thicker.

you know, fur slubs go Oni or PBJ ;)

I have the feeling, Samurai leaves the way of uber-slubby denim. But to assure that I would have to see some of the newer fabrics (Zero denim and 19oz). The older ones I have (Lot.10 and 11) are still slubby

I think you would like the S500JX (if you can find a pair in your size). If you want I could try to make some more close-ups. Just tell what you want to see :)

ThinFinn is only partly correct. The wallet is correct and the rein too.

But the belt is not the Joe Hill Belt. It's the Quercus Belt like laxlife said. It was from the first special group order mikecch organized. The maker is Terry Dear. You might find him by googling. But I'm not sure if you can still order that custom made belt.

edit: Number 140 :)

ups :)...but I could swear tthat these two belts look pretty much identically :P

Thanks for clarifying things there Tilmann!

Btw.how long are those worn now buddy before you've soaked them?

Any visible changes?

i guess time to mail obbi :)

I'm always here :)

Email me for more info, mctaran.

But for now, my March updates. Sunny weather and was home early, no fit pics, but some pics of the jeans evo.

1 hot soak, 1 machine wash and 2 months of wear (well, only around few days not wearing to air it)

P3102823.jpg

P3102825.jpg

P3102830.jpg

P3102826.jpg

P3102827.jpg

P3102836.jpg

Pics taken around shady area of evening sun. Colour is darker actually.

Yes! Great pair there knugget! The front looks amazing! I can't wait to get mine back from SENY. The thing I have been noticing about these are that they don't seem to be developing combs... anyone have any wear on the back where the combs are faded?