Samurai S500JX-LR Contest

beautiful_FrEaK

Mine subsequent to a double-cold wash @ around 80 days wear, following a cold rinse @ 15 or so days. Nothing special but...

As seems to be the consensus 'vertical falling' is more pronounced on the LHT side:

img0528xw.jpg

img0556g.jpg

img0544r.jpg

Not much in the way of combing, but I never get 'em

img0542x.jpg

AND At but 80 days I'd already developed a pin-size hole in the right crotch, which I attribute to wear from the corner of the thicker, selvage fly (or Samurai's declining quality... kidding). I had Schaeffer's Garment Hotel patch up as much and give me some front reinforcement to match what I'd already had done to the rear:

img0523b.jpg

I don't doubt that these will continue to wear beautifully but I must admit I like the fit a lot less after washing them. Doing so definitely shrunk the thighs and softened the denim, creating that dreaded bootcut effect that happens from the tapering at the knee. They fit clearly differently from my S0500xx, even if the cut is 'theoretically' the same. I'm still wearing them, but I concede feeling drawn to a new, simultaneous 'project.'

thanks guys. i don't do anything too rough in these jeans, mostly walking around, sitting on my ass and biking around. the fades are mostly like due to the amount of time i spend in these jeans, probably 15ish hours a day

Today, I had a little city adventure (much more pics in the WDYJDT!).

Entered the city

IMG_1009.jpg

Got matzoh ball soup @ yonah Shimmel

IMG_1013.jpg

Visited SENY and BiG

IMG_1072.jpg

Took the staten Island Ferry

IMG_1023.jpg

THE BIKE!

IMG_1051.jpg

Saw some wannabe director

IMG_1058.jpg

Then Left :(

IMG_1065.jpg

Before I forget to mention, the color in these pictures even though flash was used, is pretty accurate they are a tad bit darker IRL.

Here is my fit post wash of my samurai's (still pretty stiff, so ignore the ugly stacking at the bottom). I am VERY happy with this fit, it is tight in the thighs now, and somewhat loose in the legs. I am in love. Update of the jeans post wash to come soon, just gotta get home early enough to take pictures while it is still light out.

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

(sorry for the poor quality pics, I couldn't get my camera to focus right after about 6 tries).