Samurai S500JX-LR Contest

beautiful_FrEaK

why not soak them right now? taken 99% of the shrinkage out and then stretch them. but do as you like :)

I've found that once unsanforized denim has been stretched out once, it stretches back a little more easily with further soaking and shrinkage. After the first soak, these were tight enough in the waist and hips that I didn't want to risk popping a button shrinking them even more until I got some stretch.

I am probably going to give it another wash to try and get more shrinkage outta the knee area.

what do you guys prefer to shrink denim?

1) hot wash (take out before spin) + dryer (take out before 100% dry) + hang dry

2) hot wash (take out before spin) + hang dry

I am probably going to give it another wash to try and get more shrinkage outta the knee area.

1) hot wash (take out before spin) + dryer (take out before 100% dry) + hang dry

I'd imagine that option 1 would give you a little more shrinkage.

I actually had the same problem...the knees didn't shrink to what I hoped for. I machine washed AND machine dried TWICE! I measured the jeans pre and post wash (x2). After the first wash/dry, the knee shrank half an inch. After the second wash/dry, there was no noticeable difference in the knee and leg opening after the first wash/dry, only in the waist. I ended up tapering the knee and leg. I'll show fit pics tonight or tmrw morning.

thank you for the advice. I actually pondered tapering these but there are days I like wearing a straight fit and these feel damn good on those days. :D I want to get another pair to wear on the other days I feel like going slim. hmmmm

looking forward to your pics!

Guest denimefreak21oz

another tips..is use a candle n wax it all over the patch..give it nice even thick layer.n iron the patch with medium heat..once the wax is melted it will go trough inside the leather..this will keep out ur patch from shrink .due to hot soaked will kill the leather..once u done ..it will turn shining effects really nice .try it...u guys will thnk me..for sure.

Guest denimefreak21oz

yeah there is a price to pay..for super denim..its worth it every penny.trust me..my s5000vx lot#8..cost me up to 500usd.shit..i bought it in malaysia.this time i gona try ..from 2nd.help me out.

^Every size, as of 5 mins ago. Updated fit. Worn just 3 days. I hemmed them another inch (also reinforced the crotch) and then gave them a thorough (boiling) soak from the knee downwards.

IMG_0336.jpg

Sized up 1 to a 32, but I've put on a few so they're probably closer to TTS. I have more than an inch in the waist, but the leg seems slimmer than I remember the S0500xx. I'm happier with the fit now that the denim's 'settling,' but I've forgotten how much Samurai denim initially hurts after wearing WHs and MFs.

^maybe its cause I don't remember, but never though of mine hurting? Anyways, mine are a LOT softer, and looser feeling. Compared to my SG's, I like my samurais better atm. That's also cause I don't want to wait 2 weeks for my SG's to loosen up.

Great fit by the way. I'm out of rep right now though.