The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Those look huge on you, they also don't look soaked. You soaked them with the hang tag still on?

That is one seriously good fit.

Here's some intriguing TFH news, 2ND has the new models 3005FXR and 3002FXR. It says it uses the 3XXX denim and it doesn't seem like there's much RJB-distinctive about it besides the slightly-tweaked arcs and RJB embroidery.

kyle do you have thigh and rise measurements for these?

I think what you were trying to say is, "if they weren't so fitted at the knee. (or) If they weren't so tight at the knee"

I have the 3002 and the back pocket detail is beautiful, can only get better with wear. Havent really worn them since I started my new job but hopefully will get some post-soak pictures/measurements up on here for comparison sake.

Edited by Rightyow77

I think what you were trying to say is, "if they weren't so fitted at the knee. (or) If they weren't so tight at the knee"

I have the 3002 and the back pocket detail is beautiful, can only get better with wear. Havent really worn them since I started my new job but hopefully will get some post-soak pictures/measurements up on here for comparison sake.

TFH just says knee fitting, so that is why I wrote it like that.

I would love to see some pictures.

Yeah, "knee fit" is used in Japanese but I think "tight straight" is a better description for the 3001. Tight in the upper half and thighs, straight from the knee down. But the 3002 is a slim taper jean - the upper half is similar to the 3001 but the leg tapers from the knee down, unlike the 3001's straight leg.

Yeah, I'm still scratching my head about that one. Looks to be a stamping error. I wonder how many pairs were affected. Maybe 50 years from now that pair will be highly collectible...

What are you talking about? There 3011 LTD edition lol There suppose to have the painted LTD

Got done drying in the morning, after 2 agitated hot soaks. The fit is absolutely perfect, I seriously can't believe they worked out this well.

My dream pair of jeans was my 3001s with a bigger rise, and non tight knee fit. These are my dream pair.

Waist was 30.5" > 28.75"

Leg opening was 7.8" > 7"

Inseam was 36" > 32.5"

Here is a teaser till they settle, then I will take fit pictures.

8649020634_df0fa19ba4_b.jpg

IMG_0197 by EINSTINES, on Flickr

My 3001s on top size 29, 1 hot soak for them, 3011s on bottom size 30 with 2 hot soaks.

* They are same besides the knee, bigger rise, and 3011s have a .25" smaller leg opening, which is great.

8649020374_e94d667ccf_b.jpg

IMG_0199 by EINSTINES, on Flickr

Edited by einstine

ritchiealexander: Those look great. I do think you should get them hemmed. Everyone's opinion on jeans length is different, but I think those would look best with a single 2-3 cm cuff.

demonator: The 3009/3011 is basically a 3005 in the top, but tapers from the knee down. If you want a slightly narrower leg overall but with no taper, then the RJB D105 is probably what you want.

Otherwise, based on measurements that I've seen, the 20 oz. 2015 is also a straight leg but slightly slimmer in the top than the 3005. But maybe that's just to compensate for the 20 oz. denim not shrinking as much - maybe after soaking, a 3005 and 2015 are about the same size.

einstine: Sounds good, I'm glad those were the right pair for you.