The Flat Head

LFC4ever

as i thought before... It is insanely dope shoes..

How about if you stack the jeans? will it be as well as cuffing? I'm curious.. :P

well can't really stack them since i'm 190cm and it looks a bit silly on me if i don't cuff :) the leg opening from knee down is same so it has that flaired look to it :P

Huh sambabear, you're about the same height as me (i'm 191 cm) and i sold my size 32 F310s when i didn't think they were long enough. yours look great, though. maybe if i get flat heads again i should just cuff them once and wear with engineer boots or something for a 50s look.

^ "kawatako" is the name of the brand...

quoted from SE website:

After World War II the Japanese became infatuated with the thick and heavy wallet styles which American troops had on the bases in Japan. Following the war a Japanese man which was staying with American troops taught himself how to make wallets by hand. Within months he was making wallets and belts, trading them with American troops and receiving American whiskey in return. He was so talented at producing intricate stitches and patterns by hand the Japanese dubbed him "The Small Hand Kid".

This was the beginning of classic western style wallets in Japan.

The two men behind Kawatako respect these early Japanese techniques in dying, cutting, and sewing leathers and have devoted their lives to the craft of leather accessories. Dying each leather piece by hand using the finest quality vegetable based dyes their pieces show an attention to detail which reflects their years of studying early Japanese leather craft from the 1940's to the 1960's.

In Japanese "kawa" means leather and "tako" means octopus. Embodying everything sturdy and versatile, Kawatako pieces are leather with soul.

Edited by ThinFinn

No, it's just a cheaper line for kawatako.

This is a true story.

Cheaper leathers and everything is machine stitched and less attention to the edging details.

hey people,

looking to part ways with my Flathead 4001bk jeans in size 34, unaltered, washed or whatsoever..

fades and creases not set in yet,

usd230 shipped worldwide

check out my thread for more denim =)

got my 2nd pair of flat head.. the 3005 from their osaka store. was supposed to get the 3005 anniv edition.. but sadly, no size 32 was available.

Edited by hungryalien

Okay fellow Flat Head lovers, heads up: 2ND is taking pre-orders for upcoming Flat Head tees. Check it out.

http://www.e2nd.net/index.htm

I reserved a white Frontier Spirit and navy Monster's Garage tees. They're both loop-wheeled and totally sweet looking - and one-wash so you don't need to worry about the shrinking.

Also, here's a pic of my Flat Head shirts.

P1010481.jpg

l-r: red native check western, blue native check western, blue heavy winter flannel, gray jacquard, mustard 60's heavy flannel. incredible shirts. the native check ones are the best, though.

Phoom, how tall are you? You look huge, about my height. But when I had F310s, they weren't nearly long enough after a wash even uncuffed and I had to sell them. don't tell me somebody is selling 3001s with a really long inseam...

i'm tall 177 cm :D