The Flat Head

LFC4ever

what size should i get in the bsps, size up to 32 or 33? the fh310s i posted above are size 31.

Get a size 32, the 33 is going to be too large even after a hot soak.

I haven't posted here in a while but some updates on my Flatheads. The rips on my knees are from riding a scooter at 40mph in the rain... and falling.

flathead1.jpg

and

flathead2.jpg

I wore them on and off from September to December and then they turned into my full-time jeans. Last week, I was in my friend's car and there were two large cups of coffee on the dash. He was pretty stoned, and thus a horrible driver, so the cups flew into my lap on at least 4 separate occasions. I didn't get any of on me though, even though I thought I had. Miracles...

quick question. are the flat heads that are sold in japan the same as the ones imported into the united states?

i know with samurais the ones in japan have the red tab and arcs when the us version doesnt,

i also know that there are the older versions of flat heads with red tab and old arcs but im talking about the ones that are out and being made now with the new arcs on the pockets, are they the same for japan and us?

i apologize ahead of time if this doesnt make much sense, its late and im rambling

quick question. are the flat heads that are sold in japan the same as the ones imported into the united states?

i know with samurais the ones in japan have the red tab and arcs when the us version doesnt,

i also know that there are the older versions of flat heads with red tab and old arcs but im talking about the ones that are out and being made now with the new arcs on the pockets, are they the same for japan and us?

i apologize ahead of time if this doesnt make much sense, its late and im rambling

There was a lawsuit with Levi's so all jeans in imported into the US have the red tags cut off or have different or no arcs.

Personally, my Samurais have both the tabs and arcs but I bought them from overseas.

im aware of the lawsuit, the whole reason why japanese denim that is imported into the united states doesnt have tabs and some dont have arcs

what my question is, what is the difference between the flat heads that are sold from 2nd or any other japanese website compared to a pair i can pick up from self edge?

from what i can see there is no difference, the arcs are the same and neither have a red tab

now i know 2nd still carrys a few old styles with the old arcs and red tab, but im interested in knowing mainly the difference between a pair of 1001's from 2nd and from self edge

im aware of the lawsuit, the whole reason why japanese denim that is imported into the united states doesnt have tabs and some dont have arcs

what my question is, what is the difference between the flat heads that are sold from 2nd or any other japanese website compared to a pair i can pick up from self edge?

from what i can see there is no difference, the arcs are the same and neither have a red tab

now i know 2nd still carrys a few old styles with the old arcs and red tab, but im interested in knowing mainly the difference between a pair of 1001's from 2nd and from self edge

super_kill,

there is no difference at all in the ones bought in japan or the ones bought at selfedge, they are one in the same.

as you said, in some of the stores in japan/on rakuten or yahoo japan auctions you may find an older pair with the red tab and different arcs....

but in terms of what you are looking for in the 1001's zero difference, save yourself alot of time and emails and just order them from selfedge!

someone with stitching skills needs to offer thier service by making the original arcs on the new flat heads, its easy to take off the wierd design they tried to add with the old snake tounge, then all you need to do is stitch on half a levis wing arc

noshitsherlock.jpg

no difference. the flat head doesn't do tabs anymore, unlike some other japanese brands. if you really want to get down into it... 2nd will give you some meaningless little thank-you-trinket (like a mousepad,) whereas self-edge gives you the luxury of being able to exchange ill-sized jeans.

I haven't posted here in a while but some updates on my Flatheads. The rips on my knees are from riding a scooter at 40mph in the rain... and falling.

flathead1.jpg

and

flathead2.jpg

I wore them on and off from September to December and then they turned into my full-time jeans. Last week, I was in my friend's car and there were two large cups of coffee on the dash. He was pretty stoned, and thus a horrible driver, so the cups flew into my lap on at least 4 separate occasions. I didn't get any of on me though, even though I thought I had. Miracles...

great fit. can i ask wat size are u wearing? did u go true to size? size 1 up from ur regular fh? thanks man. looks good!!!!!