Loopwheeled/Vintage T-Shirts

jstavrin

U should definitely get a sg tee. They're really sething else...

Yeah, i did the same with all my tfh tees, sized down from 42 to 40 and loving the fit on size 40 way better.

And i did the same with sg tees, went from XL down to L.

Is TFH sz40 tee like a sz L samurai heavyweights tee ?

Just got this Toyo shirt from their Japanese Indian Motorcycles sub-brand; it's listed as Made in USA, though I don't know who makes their T-shirts in the States. It's very soft, and a nice fit, tubular construction.

KBTZbzW.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-14%20at%208.44.2

9UBuVNo.png

Edited by Iron Horse

I shouldn't be this excited about a Taobao purchase, but I have a couple of shirts on the way from Chinese brand 'Overcomer'. My chinese isn't up to much, but the spiel talks of 'vintage circular weave' so these could be (but probably aren't). They are a vintage-ish cut though, so I don't feel too fraudulent posting here. I got these pics from the proxy, but should have the shirts in my hands tomorrow.

I guess that you can't tell too much about the construction from these pics, and I am by no means any kind of expert on t-shirt construction, but from what I've seen, these are neatly put together and quite well considered Ts. Will post my first impressions tomorrow, but if they're any good, I will be getting more. They're not dirt cheap (by my standards!) but at least paying for them didn't make my pockets hurt!

21408300649_b8f63c6041_c.jpg

21583819082_861bcf7696_c.jpg

I've noticed there is not much love for Thom Browne stuff on the other parts of this site but I do like his Oxford shirts and also picked this up a few years ago in Dover St Market in London..

FEC65A22-A533-44BC-A311-1627F9DF83EF_zps

9E8A9954-2987-4701-BF06-5D08E66C12AA_zps

Very soft loopwheel sweater but has lost a bit of shape over time and washes. I believe most his items are now made in Japan but not been so keen on his last couple of years creations. 

Quick and dirty update. T feels nice. Fabric is nice and dense and quite regular. It has a soft, but heavy handle. It's not bright white, like the proxy pics showed, but a nice vintage-y off white. I don't know enough about T shirt construction to comment on that, but it is tubular knitted (loopwheel I don't know, maybe, maybe not). Shoulder seams are double stitched and overlocked inside, so it has a nice clean look outside. Neck hole is taped and triple stitched and overlocked. Hem is single stitched an overlocked. Generally construction is neat and tidy. Some stray threads which I have tried to pick out in the photos. Fit is also very nice. Sleeves are short and don't flare, sizing seems very true (38 is pretty much 38"), and the cut is short and, to use the apparently popular vernacular, 'boxy'.

Time will tell ultimately, but, for £15 a piece this seems like a decent value T. Once I've washed it and can see how much / if it twists, I will think about getting some more. Would be very cool if someone in the know would comment on these construction details. I can post more pics if necessary.

21620295025_020b69b5a9_c.jpg

21594103246_486f9087ee_c.jpg

21432463978_65aebe63e9_c.jpg

20999166933_2ca7e97043_c.jpg

I shouldn't be this excited about a Taobao purchase, but I have a couple of shirts on the way from Chinese brand 'Overcomer'. My chinese isn't up to much, but the spiel talks of 'vintage circular weave' so these could be (but probably aren't). They are a vintage-ish cut though, so I don't feel too fraudulent posting here. I got these pics from the proxy, but should have the shirts in my hands tomorrow.

I guess that you can't tell too much about the construction from these pics, and I am by no means any kind of expert on t-shirt construction, but from what I've seen, these are neatly put together and quite well considered Ts. Will post my first impressions tomorrow, but if they're any good, I will be getting more. They're not dirt cheap (by my standards!) but at least paying for them didn't make my pockets hurt!

21408300649_b8f63c6041_c.jpg

21583819082_861bcf7696_c.jpg

thanks for sharing! is the t shirt texture soft ??

^ T I H - snug but not tight. It remains to be seen if it stays that way, but I'm very happy with the fit.

^^ mpukas - sorry I'm not good with links and clicks, but if you google 'overcomer taobao' you should find their taobao store. I think someone linked to it a few posts up anyway

^^^ - goodrain. Measures are pretty good. Shoulder measures 40.5cm by my tape, pit to pit is 47.5cm and length 62cm. Shoulder measurement sounds smaller than it feels.

P.s mpukas. It's worth having a look at the Taobao store. Not a lot on there, but a nice Oxford and 2 discharge print indigo shirts that look quite special. Not sure about the jeans offering. I didn't like the look of the denim but maybe someone will risk it...

• 2 weeks later...

quick update on this T. - it's been through the wash a few times now and keeps it's shape well and has not shrunk. It's early days of course, but stitching still looks very neat and tidy (well you'd expect it to right?)

Unexpectedly, it has become my favourite T. The cut is just so nice. I'm sure that the fabric can't compete with the flat heads and ironhearts, but it's sturdy, soft and comfortable nonetheless. The only downside I can think of is that it does need to be ironed, as it feels a little rough straight from the wash and the iron just seems to soften it up. I will be ordering 2 more this month.

20972358234_6d75273a91_c.jpg

here is the grey Overcomer tee that I got. It is slightly heavier than the white version and more grainy/uneven. Materials wise it is definitely not the same level as the Japanese stuff but it is a shirt that feels substantial and the fit is pretty good

4h3415.jpg

The TFH Glory Park shirts I can just about wear, but I have to draw the line at the THC ones unless the temperature drops massively. Light weight shirts feel more comfortable to me and I'm currently a big fan of Dubbleworks and McCoys shirts. Still considering trying out the Mister Freedom skivvy...