rockon, how long was that person posing for that second photo and how long was the exposure?

uhh.. he was standing there for a few seconds. then walked away.

exposure was 8 seconds. f/7. you can set it for f/3.2 or f/7 lol or auto. yayy point and shoot.

^ still looks impressive.. albeit unclear. it kinda gives it an ethereal quality. lol what did you use?

Thanks. I use a canon xt with the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens. The first image is a composite of three images I made with Photoshop's HDR tool. The other two I adjusted some levels. I think they have that quality because of how smoggy LA is. It was hard to get a good focus. Maybe it was the lens, but it's probably just me.

total n00b question, but how the fuck do i get pics to look like this? what sorta setting are you guys using? what lens? i love this look.

what exactly do you mean by this look?

What do you see in these pics that are lacking in yours (other than the content)

You might just be talking about the toning

also... Dont worry about HDR, seriously

what exactly do you mean by this look?

What do you see in these pics that are lacking in yours (other than the content)

You might just be talking about the toning

also... Dont worry about HDR, seriously

clear, crisp - rich colors. very well lit - nothing looks washed out. i like that everything is in the forefront (narrow aperture?) joelz looks like it's in a studio or some shit.