is this in ny? that thing in the bg is either a weird looking twisted white building or that temporary waterfall

Also the statue of liberty in the background is a key giveaway.

is this in ny? that thing in the bg is either a weird looking twisted white building or that temporary waterfall
If it is what I think it is, then it is indeed a temporary waterfall, it was set up by the artist olafur eliasson.

I really can't stand the look of those things and how much money was probably wasted putting them up... The only one that seems appealing to me is the one directly beneath the BB, only because of placement aesthetics.

I really can't stand the look of those things and how much money was probably wasted putting them up... The only one that seems appealing to me is the one directly beneath the BB, only because of placement aesthetics.

I second that - the fact that the bridge hides most of the support structure is what does it for me. Otherwise they just look like leaky scaffolding which is about as aesthetically pleasing as it sounds.

hey, taking a flight to nyc soon.. anyone know for sure how to handle bringing film through to avoid the scanners from damaging them? i'm bringing it on carry-on and asking for hand inspection, this should be fine right?

Yeah, They actually have to hand inspect things if you ask them. Whether or not they will be nice about it is another story. I have to do this a lot and sometimes they'll be like "If it is under 800 speed it can go through the x-ray", but I don't like taking chances so these days I just make up some story about it being some special kind of x-ray sensitive film....

Yeah, They actually have to hand inspect things if you ask them. Whether or not they will be nice about it is another story. I have to do this a lot and sometimes they'll be like "If it is under 800 speed it can go through the x-ray", but I don't like taking chances so these days I just make up some story about it being some special kind of x-ray sensitive film....

yeah last time when i went on a flight they were all " oh this film should be safe to go thru" but i was like "aww r u sure, i'm just so worried it will get messed up" with lil cutey eyes and that was fine, or if u ask for a higher up they will just do what u ask most likely