What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

Levis Trucker I used as a shirt.. That was over Ten years ago.. I believe it's from the 60's/70's, but I don't recognize the Levi's button code on the back Shanks (52). It's so old, Everything is faded but the "Made in the U.S.A. on the care tag.

IMG_0938.jpgIMG_0931.jpgIMG_0937.jpgIMG_0936.jpg

I have the same jacket, although unused, it has the same number behind the top button and was made c.78-81 -

denimbrotoday038-1.jpg

denimbrotoday040.jpg

denimbrotoday045.jpg

http://coolmaterial....cruiser-jacket/

if you can find one of those. its the levis x filson denim cruiser.

Thanks for this great link erk. Real old styled tuxedo jacket

I have the same jacket, although unused, it has the same number behind the top button and was made c.78-81 -

denimbrotoday038-1.jpg

denimbrotoday040.jpg

denimbrotoday045.jpg

This jacket is fantastic!! Would be a great item for the Jeansmuseum.

When you're lucky you can read the month and year of production on the back of the white label.

Looks like a 70'ies

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

$30 bucks today, picked up this levi trucker, "rigid" as levi calls it. just liked the fact that it has a black weft, indigo war or over dyed actually, i am not too sure. . i am a fan of those combinations, at a reasonable price & something to thrash i saw no reason not to, should fade interestingly. Pretty stiff, should be fun to break in.

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

6ccf6de7.jpg

e51fbc60.jpg

Edited by TheGanjaLife

This jacket is fantastic!! Would be a great item for the Jeansmuseum.

When you're lucky you can read the month and year of production on the back of the white label.

Looks like a 70'ies

Many thanks Reudi,

I'm not sure it's for the jeansmuseum, you can still pick 'em up fairly easily/cheaply on ebay in this condition.

Got my eye on a deadstock big e 70505 in a sz 46" atm :D

Hi

I'm checking ebay regularly but I couldn't see many redline era Levis 2 pkt jackets this size over the last time.

But I didn't checked a lot the last time. I was too busy.

Anyway, this jacket has a fantastic indigo colour and would fit perfectly to the Jeansmuseum at any time. Even if worn over many years as long as it's never washed and still in raw condition till to the end

I'm wondering, if you could take a pic on the back side of this white care label where it's stated will shrink about 3 %

Just in case you find some time, thanks.

Just getting around to posting my blanket lined Big E. Yellow pocket stitch, so 70s? The numbers on the inside tag are obliterated, but otherwise there is very little wear, lots of color left. The only problem is the left waistband corner is coming undone. The price was right and I picked it up with the Lee in one of my ROY final pics.

blanketsmall3.jpg

blanketsmall.jpg

blanketsmallrear.jpg

Color is most correct in the first picture.

Hey Reudi, was gonna pm you again, but thought i'd share with everyone.

Saw this fairly rare Lee 101lj on the bay -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Unworn-1960-LEE-Storm-Rider-Indigo-Blanket-Lining-101-LJ-Union-Made-/110827574216?_trksid=p3286.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6456467146335674946

Dont know if it's your size? If it was a 44/46, I'd snap it up :)

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Dr_Heech, February 20, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Dr_Heech, February 20, 2012 - No reason given

@Paul T

Here's an interesting old Lee 101LJ, has lining like my old fifties one but has the old housemark tag, similar (but not the same) to the one pictured in your book (heller's cafe). Another early transistional model from 45/46?

- http://www.marvins-jp.com/

Edited by Dr_Heech

^^^Joseph: Great Levis lined Big E jacket. Would estimate end 60'ies

^ Dr Heech

Thanks for your link about the Lee Storm Rider 101-LJ jacket never worn on ebay.

This jacket is wonderfull and without MR and with the blue part on inner lining from early 60ies

It's a pitty that I missed this auctions end. Otherwise I would probably have broken my wallet!!!!

But anyway I was too late

And this older Lee lined jacket I never saw before. Great and interesting pics with unique tag

^^^Joseph: Great Levis lined Big E jacket. Wopuld estimate end 60'ies

^ Dr Heech

Thanks for your link about the Lee Storm Rider 101-LJ jacket never worn on ebay.

This jacket is wonderfull and without MR and with the blue part on inner lining from early 60ies

It's a pitty that I missed this auctions end. Otherwise I would probably have broken my wallet!!!!

But anyway I was too late

And this older Lee lined jacket I never saw before. Grwat and interesting pics with unique tag

Never mind, another will come along - will keep my eye out for you!

Yeah, although the model is the 'modern' 101 style, the tag is somewhat misplaced when dating it. I used to have the same jacket, but with the black tag (mid- 1950's) -

sufu101LJ018.jpg

sufu101LJ015.jpg

But the original 1933-45 101lj had a similar tag to the ebay one -

denimphotos023.jpg

....?

Edited by Dr_Heech

Thanks for this great pics and interesting infos.

And thanks for watching out some other dead stock items. I just don't have that much time at the moment for ebay

Here a little update about my Lee Storm Rider denim jacket worn about 6 years now in a row (except the hot summer month):

Here on a skitour today on Heinzenberg 2100 m above sea level

DSC02731-red.jpg

DSC02733-red.jpg

DSC02544-red.jpg

DSC02553-red.jpg

DSC02555-red.jpg

DSC02556-red.jpg

^

Could be early eighties or a repro? Do you have a pic of the inside tags? inside top and if a repro sometimes also inside left or right lower end

Anyway, nice fadings on this jacket

^^^ Dr_Heech: Agreed the Levi jacket could be 90-ies or even leter since at that time not so many 2 pkt Levis jackets are around. The newer styled white thread around the button holes indicates more 90'ies then 80ies

^thanks Johnmhenderson. The jackets will be in use for outdoor activities and later as work jackets out in the dirt

hi ya'll

can i ask, which model # type 3 style jacket were or still made with side hand-warmer pockets?

im in the market for XS new, or dead stock, LVC, levi, lee, wrangler, flathead, samurai,

something worth wearing for the years.

thank you for any help or sugestions

hi ya'll

can i ask, which model # type 3 style jacket were or still made with side hand-warmer pockets?

im in the market for XS new, or dead stock, LVC, levi, lee, wrangler, flathead, samurai,

something worth wearing for the years.

thank you for any help or sugestions

If you're an ebayer, there are plenty of original deadstock four-pocket levis denim jackets turning up.

What size are you?? (as opposed to just xs? - i.e. 34", 36")

Needed a cheap indigo raw denim, didnt care about it being selvedge or hidden rivets etc, simply just wanted a raw jacket to fuck up so I got this Levi's "rigid" indigo for 39$. I'd like to thrash this until I make the move on the type II Flathead jacket.

5 days of wear, I like this jacket.

939f2fca.jpg

92c43658.jpg

89fee1d7.jpg

Edited by TheGanjaLife

^Theganjalife: Good buying on this

Even with such a cheap rigid Levi denim jacket you can get really nice and great fadings if just never washed over years (if ever)

I have seen such heaviest used Levis jackets tha same style with relly nice and great results.

If you really wanna burn them down the hard way without ever washing them, you can do this for the Jeansmuseum.

It's a very simple rule: Just use the hell out of it for as long as possible without any washings. And if you still have this jacket in 2 or 5 or 10 years just keep it alive for ever. And before throwing it away, just let me know at any time

That's the plan stan, sounds weird but. I have honestly never washed any of my jackets haha I just beat the shit at of em on daily wear. I'll jeansmuseum em though!

^Theganjalife: Good buying on this

Even with such a cheap rigid Levi denim jacket you can get really nice and great fadings if just never washed over years (if ever)

I have seen such heaviest used Levis jackets tha same style with relly nice and great results.

If you really wanna burn them down the hard way without ever washing them, you can do this for the Jeansmuseum.

It's a very simple rule: Just use the hell out of it for as long as possible without any washings. And if you still have this jacket in 2 or 5 or 10 years just keep it alive for ever. And before throwing it away, just let me know at any time