riff

Post your DUCKS!

@alexx how tall are you man?

If anybody wants to save shipping on these and have them quicker than a few weeks, I have a brand new pair, tagged 32/32, fit like a 31/34 (16"/34 1/2") $45 shipped

DSC_6003_zpsbda09c60small_zps20dd6996.jpg

DSC_6004_zpsc2b15e57small_zpsacb80077.jpg

Is it better to buy in a size that is 2 or 4 sizes larger to minimize shrinking after wash? I'm buying my first duck canvas pants and I would hate to waste money on something I can't wear after a few washes.

ea8e2e6865c911e2914022000a9e0903_7.jpg

Got these a couple months ago for a very good price :D

Heres a fit pic :

cc49d8c465f811e2983d22000a9f199e_7.jpg

IMG_1792_zps989717fd.jpg

Vintage Hunting Jacket

I picked up a pair of those Deluxeware (33x36). Thanks for the tip. 

In terms of the stretching question, they do appear to have plenty of give in them. They came in pretty skimpy when I first put them on this morning, but they're already much more comfortable. Haven't hemmed yet, is it worth schlepping into town for a chainstitch... Interestingly they appear to be more peach coloured in the flesh than the pictures show. One thing I will say, absolutely huge back pockets. 

Here's a couple of (admittedly awful) fit pictures. And a shot of the pretty fan which 2nd sent in the package with the order. The Japanese have retail down to a fine art.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smphotography/9622642604/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smphotography/9619406369/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smphotography/9622643080/

Thanks. They're really nice. Lovely smooth backs to the fly buttons and rivets and some serious triple needle construction. 

As you're the founder of this duck feast, of course I'll get you some measurements across the waist. Caveat they will have stretched with wear but should give you some idea of how much they moved compared to the published waist sizes. 

Yeah I'm a pretty usual 33 (Full Count and Roy). These were pretty snug on first wear, but not enough to be a big deal.

No box, just a succession of carrier bags. The fan was in a 2nd branded plastic wallet along with the receipt, so that and the ducks kept things pretty stiff. Just wish it had been around during the July heat wave. 

I just got a pair of Round House black duck overalls. As a details guy, it kills me that they only have bar tacks instead of rivets, but I would rather buy US made instead of supporting the Carhartt "American" workwear norm made in Mexico(?). Other than that, they're pretty great. Bib seems functional, smart choices like lined back pockets, but I do wish that it had another hammer loop/ thigh pocket, but I'm just being picky. For >$50 shipped, I'd say that they're a pretty good buy.

Oh good man, thanks that's appreciated.

On the subject of 2nd, I tried to exchange some e-mails with them - not sure whether they just don't speak English, but I'd used a smattering of Japanese and the response both times was a full, lengthy reply.. in Kanji. 

Still, very nice, helpful.. but communication was interesting....

Measurement on the 33, across the front is 16.75". Say once again this after a days wear. Hope that helps.

Yeah 2nd guy was nice to deal with. He asked for simplified answers to his questions, translated by Google. But using Rakuten it was pretty straightforward. Unlike HMRC, who sat on the package for a week, "checking for fakes"!

They took me for VAT but interestingly no duties. Frankly Parcelforce were the worst offenders. Got from Japan to Coventry in half a day. Then it sat around for over a week.

God knows what the Fake Squad would make of some really accurate repros. It would blow their minds.

They are not looking for 1 pair of counterfeit work pants they are only interested if its a container full of fakes. A lot of packages are not even opened, Next time you go to the Parcel Farce office ask for the "Clearance Fee Explained" letter it is a full breakdown of the UK Border Agency import process and associated fees.

...black duck overalls. As a details guy, it kills me that they only have bar tacks instead of rivets, but I would rather buy US made instead of supporting the Carhartt "American" workwear norm made in Mexico(?).

Maybe you should take a look at Pointer Brand if you aren't already aware of them.

Produced in America for the past 100 years...

i just got a carhartt roper pants for a $50, but it fit like slimfit or i dont know, just a bit tight. i'll post the picture later

i google for size chart and stil couldnt find it.

anybody have it?

Time for some duck again.

Warehouse Heller's Cafe Non-Pareil Overalls.

13365313214_a2da9e050e_c.jpg

13365312204_4e943053d4_c.jpg

13364814763_eae4532401_c.jpg

13364814733_cc8fa3a064_c.jpg

13365266005_6e333e66aa_c.jpg

Edited by indigoeagle