Cultizm LVC Contest (photos only thread)

joe@cultizm.com

^^ wow...... there goes my chance on even having a slightest chance at the prize....

They look good, but are very different from the photos posted in early February. I'm guessing the pictures from February are truer to life. Don't know if that's good or bad for the competition, because I think the older pictures look fantastic.

cheers for pointing that one out...i didnt keep track of the updates, i just based my comment on the latest pictures..they look good either way. your pair too sir setterman, looks equally awesome..

really stoked to see alot of great wear on LVCs

They look good, but are very different from the photos posted in early February. I'm guessing the pictures from February are truer to life. Don't know if that's good or bad for the competition, because I think the older pictures look fantastic.

420th post on 4/20.

Yes, the February photos are better representation.

Here are a few more accurate and detailed shots.

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

the back cinsh reads as a meter of time without a wash

cheers for pointing that one out...i didnt keep track of the updates, i just based my comment on the latest pictures..they look good either way. your pair too sir setterman, looks equally awesome..

really stoked to see alot of great wear on LVCs

Thanks! I haven't kept track either, so when Dude posted I said "Where the heck did this guy come from" and went back to see some of his other posts.

Dude, the pix you posted last night look even better. You're gonna have a ton of rep waiting when you hit 50 posts!

My 55s are going to be washed on Friday and shipped out to Schaeffer's on Saturday for to repair the inseam and seat. They aren't terrible yet, but I figured it's better to repair them now before they're a mess. Here's some pix I took to send them for a price quote. The sloppy stitching was done by me just to hold them together long enough until I had a chance to send them away to be properly repaired.

DSC00710.jpg

damn everyones are lookin real nice. I can't rep any of you though.

I've still been wearing my 1915s every now and then. They're probably gonna get more wear this summer - I've been using them as my gardening jeans cause its so damn hot out now.

5637772309_83e0450603_z.jpg

5638349762_02020268a7_z.jpg

really windy on the roof today, I had a hard time getting these to lay appropriately, but you can kinda tell whats going on. the 1915 fabric is outrageous.

Some really fantastic looking jeans that past couple pages. I don't have an update due, but after almostnice's problems with the postal service in the Full Count contest I figured I'd better take some pix of my 55s just in case, before I toss them in the mail for repairs.

DSC00716.jpg

DSC00717.jpg

Dude -- Christ, those are amazing.

Setterman -- Your 55's have consistently been my favorites in this contest.

If there was still any lingering doubt as to whether Cone/LVC denim can yield fades as amazing as those commonly achieved with the variety of fabrics featured by the most popular Japanese companies, it has to disappear now. I myself prefer LVC to any other anyway, but doubters should make note of this page.

Dude -- Christ, those are amazing.

Setterman -- Your 55's have consistently been my favorites in this contest.

If there was still any lingering doubt as to whether Cone/LVC denim can yield fades as amazing as those commonly achieved with the varieties of fabrics featured by the most popular Japanese companies, it has to disappear now. I myself prefer LVC to any other anyway, but doubters should make note of this page.

Glad you guys are liking the 55s. I hope between this contest and the RoyXCone one, that people get a good look at what American denim can do. Between the two contests there's only been a couple pairs I haven't been feeling, and the rest all have something interesting or lovely about them. Before this contest you could have counted me as one of the doubters. But after having the chance to invest the time in them, I've seen how great a pair of LVC can turn out. And the more experience I have with Japanese denim vs. LVC fit wise, it's become expensively clear that LVC always seems to fit me best.

Sorry I'm late everyone. I'm still in it. But I had some lead abatement happening at my home and I have been mired in a hotel all week on short notice. I'll get some updates asap!

Sorry I'm late everyone. I'm still in it. But I had some lead abatement happening at my home and I have been mired in a hotel all week on short notice. I'll get some updates asap!

Take your time, you have been contributing pretty regularly from the get go. Hope all is well with the lead problem.

wow. those are great!^
your honeychombs:eek:

Cheers for the kind words...hope people wont get bored with my frequent update :o

@jyoni: dont worry man...for me, i think as long as you wear them and post final pics is all good. but dont know what Joe thinks

Thanks for understanding guys. Yeah I think it's the first time I've ever delayed past the time frame. Here's the update. They're mid-repair. I have a lot of little spots to hit.

Front pic has better color.

009-4.jpg