Evisu is still loved!

benzak

I'm not entirely sure, although other forum members should be able to tell you that.

I think they're all constructed in China though, and the most recent ones have been pretty awful-looking to me...

The entire heritage line, from my understanding, is constructed using Japanese denim. The denim is then apparently sent to Macau ( which actually does a better job than work in the past), and the jeans are finished there.

nah no non jap for me for evisu had a couple of heritage before gave them away

The quality has improved considerably. Reinforced pockets, chain stitching, copper rivets, etc. is all top notch; plus it's pretty damn affordable.
ohh no 1's? with jap denim

Hmmm....Should be....Not sure. Here's how they fade though:.

http://www.evisu.com/blog/category/jeans/

Yeah, these ones:

dsc02872pf9.jpg

HOLY SHIT!

Grail status jeans for me right here!

Seriously jealous that you've got these.

Passed up on them back when they were originally for sale here since I wasin highschool and pennyless and have wanted them ever since.

Same story with the original Evisu bondage jeans, but these are still a step higher up for me.

If you ever think of letting them go...

HOLY SHIT!

Grail status jeans for me right here!

Seriously jealous that you've got these.

Passed up on them back when they were originally for sale here since I wasin highschool and pennyless and have wanted them ever since.

Same story with the original Evisu bondage jeans, but these are still a step higher up for me.

If you ever think of letting them go...

I'm glad someone recognised just what they were, Cotton!

I was bidding on them when the No.0 denim was on sale, and that's one reason why I passed on the No.0 as these have Evis 'history' behind them...plus, I don't need any more 2000s or 2001s...

I wanted them ever since I saw them on Kwan's site, as these are up there with any vintage Evis.

These will be getting some serious wear this year...my only regret is that they haven't got the red Yamane tag, but I'll learn to live with it.

dsc02888so4.jpg

dsc02884lc8.jpg

:)

(and I'd have paid three times what I eventually got them for)

im liking the denim cause its light and its something different its smooth and hairy and it just feels nice you feel something different inside when you wear an evisu. i dont know why

Edmond here is the same denim the Knot mosel uses .. I THINK

http://www.evisu.com/blog/2008/01/31/evisus-nod-to-wrangler-after-8-months/

Can these be obtained anywhere?

I've been wanting some japanese broken selvage for ages...

These are pretty slim right? I figure sizing up on them would work just fine...

They're only slim if you size down about 2 sizes. If you get your normal size, you should be fine.

My legs/ass are pretty big... like Samurai 5000VX are unwearable (worn true to size). My Eternal 811's are sized up 3

The bigger trick is FINDING a pair of those broken twill brown box, in a 34 or 36.

I wore 35x35 lot 2000 No1's, and they were perfect, but the rise was too low, if that give an indicator.

It seems all of u guys are doing just fine here :) It took me 3 days to read all the things i missed out with a total of 100+ pages in this thread. Ahaha.

Wow, we have a No.0 owner here. Im so jealous! Btw CTB, i love your ebisu #1 kanji jeans.

Nice to see you guys again. Sorry I have been real busy here.

My legs/ass are pretty big... like Samurai 5000VX are unwearable (worn true to size). My Eternal 811's are sized up 3

The bigger trick is FINDING a pair of those broken twill brown box, in a 34 or 36.

I wore 35x35 lot 2000 No1's, and they were perfect, but the rise was too low, if that give an indicator.

The rise on the 2005 cut is supposedly higher than the 2000 cut, plus the waist runs larger than true size.

Good luck finding the brown box now.

yeah after shinrkage the rise on these no 1's are pretty low.. i suggest getting no 2's scoon if you want a higher rise with a 2000 get a size 32

What Ed said.

When I'm home, I can post comparison measurements if it would help you Scoon...

Yeah Ed, was checkin the diff between the No2 and No1. I dunno about 32 though. I'll likely go 33-34

I'm thinking my Evisu list is:

2000 No 2's with black arcs

2001 No1's with white arcs

And those broken twill if I can ever ever get them

Hopefully I'll be hitting Osaka this year...

Is it specifically the brown box broken twill you're after, or any Evisu broken twill? For what it's worth, if you're after ANY broken twill selvage denim, don't Edwin do a model?

For the Evisu broken twill, you'd be hard pushed to find them in Osaka as they were produced for the International range...

And be warned, these are proving far more resilient than No.1 denim. Been wearing them for two months and you can only see a difference up close. Think it's because the broken twill denim is so soft, and as I'm hardly treating them as precious :)

Are you saying the broken twill pair is actually the better pair? If that's the case, then I can't wait to start wearing em.

Are you saying the broken twill pair is actually the better pair? If that's the case, then I can't wait to start wearing em.

I think he means the color is more resilient. The denim is softer, so less abrasion. Plus they start out lighter I think, which would make the first signs of fading less obvious.

edit: can find ONE pair online... but a sz 28! d'oh. Edit#2: I'm dropping it... too many things on the way already... thanks guys for your advice though

And yeah Heflys, starched denim makes it stiffer... as in less soft. All other things equal, a softer jean will fade slower than a harder/stiffer denim.

I think he means the color is more resilient. The denim is softer, so less abrasion. Plus they start out lighter I think, which would make the first signs of fading less obvious.

edit: can find ONE pair online... but a sz 28! d'oh

I'm not sure softer denim is less prone to abrasion than heavier denim. However, starched denim, although it varies, makes denim more susceptible to abrasion.

Also, the jeans are pretty light in color (more aqua), but I'm certain wear will be noticeable. .

And yeah Heflys, starched denim makes it stiffer... as in less soft. All other things equal, a softer jean will fade slower than a harder/stiffer denim.

I beg to differ on this. I'd say the dying method plays more of a factor.