Evisu is still loved!

benzak

They should be out in the next week or two...

I've heard that they may be doing a jean with one leg LHT and the other RHT; bit like the SDA Xmas special jeans from 2007 (I think)...one pocket would have a lazy S and the other a standard gull...

Not sure how far they've got with the planning on these, though...I understand that samples were being made.

:)

Just got off the phone with Matt @ Evisu. He said the Lee's should be hitting Evisu.com as soon as tomorrow. I'm so excited!!!

Also check this.....

http://www.evisu.com/blog/

AW FUCK!

Well, on one hand, This is really exciting to see Evisu America trying to "return to their roots" by having No. 1 and No. 2 denim on the main Evisu line.

On the other hand, I promised myself no more denims this year... and all these new fabrics and whatnot are going to make me break that promise... Goddammit...

Also, that No. 4 denim is going to give Selvage a bad name... what makes "japanese selvage denim" so special is that it is the cream of the crop with double ringspun denim... no. 4 is no better than raw mall jeans.

Nice jeans Fur, looking forward to the fit pics :)

And is it me, or do the patches look a little nicer on these than on recent Heritage releases? And Lot 0200, anyone?

No1_4.jpg

No2_4.jpg

No3_4.jpg

No4_4.jpg

No13_4.jpg

Hopefully the shrinkage instructions on the No.1 will be sufficient for people to follow easily; I wasn't too impressed with the previous Heritage No.1 being sold and not marked as STF...

Oh, and it looks like you'll be shrinking TO tagged size with the No.1 STF, just to muddy the waters a little for anyone for then goes on to buy Japanese No.1.

Anyone for a nice cup of confusion and a slice of cake? :)

Looking forward to seeing them, though...

Also, that No. 4 denim is going to give Selvage a bad name... what makes "japanese selvage denim" so special is that it is the cream of the crop with double ringspun denim... no. 4 is no better than raw mall jeans.

What do you guys mean? Sounds pretty impressive to me.....They're loop dyed, 15oz etc.....

Also, I guess when they say "unbleached", I assume they mean organic, right?

Hello chaps, been lingering around for a while with no denim action to speak of, beside trying to beat up a pair of 1901 501's for a few months and they are getting a little funky.

I think I'm going to get back and climb into a pair of EVISU again.

Now question is should I soak the Deluxe heavy bastards first or wear 'em Raw.

Whatcha reckon, I'm going to somehow try and stop the waist from shrinking as I'll never fit in them with my big old W40 frame !

Hello chaps, been lingering around for a while with no denim action to speak of, beside trying to beat up a pair of 1901 501's for a few months and they are getting a little funky.

I think I'm going to get back and climb into a pair of EVISU again.

Now question is should I soak the Deluxe heavy bastards first or wear 'em Raw.

Whatcha reckon, I'm going to somehow try and stop the waist from shrinking as I'll never fit in them with my big old W40 frame !

Yeah, you know I wore my pair for a long time before soaking thinking that they would shrink like the piece of paper said they would, but i measured them before and after a warm/hot soak and they didn't shrink at all......i was suprised and still am a little suprised, like I almost don't believe it, but they didn't. They did lose that waxy shine though which i liked quite a bit.

I wouldn't wash em. I would just wear em till they're dirty, then hand wash em in cold water. After a year of being in the rotation, they stiffened right up after a soak, almost stiffer than fresh out the box. So for whatever it's worth, that's my 50 cents.

Nice jeans Fur, looking forward to the fit pics :)

And is it me, or do the patches look a little nicer on these than on recent Heritage releases? And Lot 0200, anyone?

No13_4.jpg

yeah, they do look a little nicer, and man how I would love to have a pair of each, but what would i do with all them...haha

and isn't the no. 13 supposed to be on the left side of the jeans?

just an observation

Oops ! - didn't see this page of replies, and I've bunged 'em in the washing machine on a handwash cycle.

what the hell they are a pair of jeans for godsakes !!!

I'll give them a good spin and take the dog out for a nice 3 mile walk to get em nice and fitted again, might come back with blue shoes though! :D

Here's another reminder of what they are like prewash and stuff:

2634014301_114db36b58_o.jpg

2652177095_fff7e4e0e4.jpg

2652174787_135dc06465.jpg

I'll post up my post handwash results and advise if there are any changes to the measurements, I'm really hoping that the 36" legs shrink up a little, but will not be the end of the world if not.

More news after the wash...

can you post closeups of the denim? like on the fly/back pockets and such? looks reallly interesting

Yup, ok.

Will be alot later though, as they are churning around the washing machine and will need drying etc ok?

I'll post up later. The slubbiest Evisu denim I ever seen and a heavy 17oz too !

Later...

Well I got them out of the washing machine and put them straight on while wet/damp - then went out with the dog it was f u c k i n g cold 1degree - I got blue hands from trying to fasten the sodding tough jeans - I've not know a denim like it after the washing/rinsing whatever it did shrink enough to be a pain in the ass to get done up and then was rather painfull to wear but that could have been due to the near zero degree temp outside.

Walked for about an hour and was numbe when I got back in as well as having indigo all over my socks and frozen kidneys !

The jeans could pretty much stand up by themselves, they still feel like thick cardboard - they are going to be a bitch I'm sure to break in but I think will lose their dye fairly quickly if that makes sense ?

I put up some pics later when I load them from the camera.

The denim is going to take some getting used to it is that heavy and they are not my favourite cut. The legs are rather carrot shaped and the leg openings far narrower than I normally wear and favour, but I'll give them a go.

Once they soften up I think they might grow on me, I love the denim but not the cut so much.

We'll see...