Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Once they soften up I think they might grow on me, I love the denim but not the cut so much.

I share your view. Also I like to see how they fit after the wash, or when they soften up a bit. Hopefully they drape a bit better on around the lower leg.

Only worn mine a few times - and get some funky looking stacks.

Oops ! - didn't see this page of replies, and I've bunged 'em in the washing machine on a handwash cycle.
Once they soften up I think they might grow on me, I love the denim but not the cut so much.

I'd have done the same...and I know what you mean about the cut...this is why there've been no more pics of my Deluxe (part deux haha)...Beautiful jeans and all that, but I'm not feeling them when wearing them.

Crash,

When I talked to Matt @ Evisu he said that the 0200 are between the 2000 and 2001. Straight leg like the 2000 and hips and waist like the 2001. Might be vice versa.

I can't quite see what he was getting at with this, either...unless they're planning on starting a new trend of selvage MC Hammer pants...

I can't quite see what he was getting at with this, either...unless they're planning on starting a new trend of selvage MC Hammer pants...

Hhahahha! I thought the 2005 would be like that; if you didn't size down that is. Matt told me it was a more "modern" cut, but now it's just bizarre. If the 2000 cut is supposedly a regular/straight leg cut and the 2001 a looser/vintage cut......

Hopefully they'll have some fit pics on the site tomorrow; but something tells me the jeans won't appear on the site until next week.

Erm, pretty random afternoon since my post above, to say the least...

Took advantage of my free afternoon to pop into town, and happened to randomly bump into Kanji and some of the Evisu promotional crew doing some painting at Selfridges. It was a pair of jeans painted by Kanji that got me into all this...Even more bizarrely, we were both wearing the same jeans:

dsc02618du4.jpg

His were looking slightly more worn though, unsurprising given that mine only have a week's wear on them. Looking good, to say the least...greencast denim in the 0005 cut, worn for eight months with one wash. These were released in the West a season or so ago to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Yamane's first mizuhiki design apparently, which can seen on the pockets of the jeans. The design is a traditional knot, about which I'm sure some of the other forum members are a lot more knowledgeable than I:

dsc02614dy6.jpg

dsc02613hg3.jpg

The crew are back in Birmingham sometime early in the new year to create an installation of sorts for the store...Watch this space for more to come... :)

Oh, and I was given a copy of Evisu Style magazine and a couple of promotional booklets too:

dsc02620uk4.jpg

CTB, do you mind if you upload the third missing pic in this reply u had uploaded before? The pic which shows his front side denim. Somehow it doesnt show up. I really lvoe the worn jeans of his.

Anyway, here are some pics of the denim im working on. Lot 0331 no.2 true size..

IMGP0876.jpg

IMGP0878.jpg

IMGP0879.jpg

IMGP0881.jpg

IMGP0874.jpg

Can you not see the pic in your post, Calvin? :confused:

And thanks for the pics, good to see some more denim in the thread...

I can see them now! CTB, do you mind if you give me the measurements of your Lot.0005 green castle pre-soak and post-soak? did you go true size, or size down? And for that japanese dude whos wearing the same jeans with u, do you think he went for true size, or size up? if size up, 1 or 2?

These are the the measurements for my mizuhiki jeans, tagged 32.

Bear in mind that they run larger than tagged size, plus the green caste denim used for these jeans has stretched a lot. They were 34 (I think) when unworn, and I wear them slouchy.

Waist: 36

Inseam: 34.5

Front rise: 11.5

Back rise: 16

Ankle: 7.5

Although general wisdom would have it that you should size down, be mindful of leg room. The size 30 brown box that Chambo now owns could have fitted me eventually on the waist but I would have struggled every time with room for my thighs and calves.

Even with the ones I'm wearing, I can't roll up the leg easily due to my calves being too chunky from cycling.

These are the the measurements for my mizuhiki jeans, tagged 32.

Bear in mind that they run larger than tagged size, plus the green caste denim used for these jeans has stretched a lot. They were 34 (I think) when unworn, and I wear them slouchy.

Waist: 36

Inseam: 34.5

Front rise: 11.5

Back rise: 16

Ankle: 7.5

Although general wisdom would have it that you should size down, be mindful of leg room. The size 30 brown box that Chambo now owns could have fitted me eventually on the waist but I would have struggled every time with room for my thighs and calves.

Even with the ones I'm wearing, I can't roll up the leg easily due to my calves being too chunky from cycling.

My body proportion is similar to that japanese dude in the picture. If say, im aiming for the fit he has there, should i go true size, size up, or size down? im waist size 31-32, 179cm height, and 68kgs. pretty skinny :) or probably any substitution lot/cut?

Inspired your enthusiasm Crash, and the photo of you and Kanji, I got myself a pair of the green caste Evisu. I went for the Hotel Fans. I've only been wearing them a month or so - I'll post pics when they're bedded in.

(calvinc - mine are tagged 33 but are about W36" - I like them sized up)

Meanwhile, heres more pics of my ancient Evis - the Big Paints and the 2101.

Thanks for the encouragement Crash and selaviso.

30dkxgg.jpg

r0bnnt.jpg

1076q8x.jpg

eqchhx.jpg

28ahz6c.jpg

alt4cn.jpg

261f8l1.jpg

My body proportion is similar to that japanese dude in the picture. If say, im aiming for the fit he has there, should i go true size, size up, or size down? im waist size 31-32, 179cm height, and 68kgs. pretty skinny :) or probably any substitution lot/cut?

If you're going for a looser cut, like the one in the pic, get your normal size.

Sweet pics Slowdownarthur...any chance of some fit pics? + rep

:)

And I'm interested to see the green caste jeans that you've got as well; I really am taken with mine and wearing them is a pleasure...The only downside is not being able to wear chunky footwear with them, as the narrow leg can make your feet look like battleships if you're not careful...

And I agree with Heflys, Calvin. Go for your regular size if you want a fit that's saggy but not too baggy,

Cheers Crash and fur,

I'll do some fit pics when I get chance - that'll be a first for me...

I really like the green caste denim - I'm looking forward to them getting a bit more worn and draping a bit more- yours look like they're getting there.

Yeah, you're right about the narrow leg- there's a real chance of rockin' a Max Wall look with these..

Cheers Crash and fur,

I'll do some fit pics when I get chance - that'll be a first for me...

I really like the green caste denim - I'm looking forward to them getting a bit more worn and draping a bit more- yours look like they're getting there.

Yeah, you're right about the narrow leg- there's a real chance of rockin' a Max Wall look with these..

Looking forward to the fit pics, because from what I've seen so far the jeans are looking good...

And the only sneakers i have that look the business with Lot 0005 are adidas Stan Smith or Pro Models...

Inspired your enthusiasm Crash, and the photo of you and Kanji, I got myself a pair of the green caste Evisu. I went for the Hotel Fans. I've only been wearing them a month or so - I'll post pics when they're bedded in.

(calvinc - mine are tagged 33 but are about W36" - I like them sized up)

Wait im kinda lost, is green caste the type of the denim, or the name of that denim? (eg, nakame minami, hotel fans, etc). Initially, i tot the pair you wearing on that photo with kanji was called "mizuhiki". But im no expert..

like slowdownarthur, im also inspired by your pics CTB, and either green caste or Hotel Fans is going to be my next pair. I bought lot (Editted: 0001) waist 32 red painted arc, but it seems its way way too baggy for me. imma sell them i think..

here are some fit pics of pre-soak lot (Editted, lot 0001) true size.

What do you guys think?

IMGP0885.jpg

IMGP0888.jpg

Wait im kinda lost, is green caste the type of the denim, or the name of that denim? (eg, nakame minami, hotel fans, etc). Initially, i tot the pair you wearing on that photo with kanji was called "mizuhiki". But im no expert..

like slowdownarthur, im also inspired by your pics CTB, and either green caste or Hotel Fans is going to be my next pair. I bought lot (Editted: 0001) waist 32 red painted arc, but it seems its way way too baggy for me. imma sell them i think..

here are some fit pics of pre-soak lot (Editted, lot 0001) true size.

What do you guys think?

The green caste is the kind of denim; either lot 330 or 660 (I forget atm.) the Mihizuki and Hotei fans were the name and they used the same green caste broken twill in lot 0005 cut. apart from a few details they are basically the same.

Also, yeah, I would size down on those; chances are that the sanforized denim will stretch out more. All the America/International Evisu is sanforized so they won't shrink with a soak.

Re the 0200 cut: I spoke by email with someone in evisu customer service a few months ago (might have been matt, actually). He said the 0200 was a new 'skinny' cut.

My guess would be probably lower rise and slightly slimmer than the 0005. Hopefully not too low rise.

Any ideas about when they are releasing all this?

Re the 0200 cut: I spoke by email with someone in evisu customer service a few months ago (might have been matt, actually). He said the 0200 was a new 'skinny' cut.

My guess would be probably lower rise and slightly slimmer than the 0005. Hopefully not too low rise.

Any ideas about when they are releasing all this?

Slightly slimmer than 0005?!? Now that would be pushing it for me, although I'm sure there are more than a few people on here who'd fit the bill... :)

THey'll shrink a little bit, but not an entire size. I actually like the 2001 cut, since it seems to develop a nice fit over time. It's helluva vintage though.

I wanted to buy no.1 lot.2001, but i guess its way too expensive to proxy one for me... i really hope once no.1 is available on international line, it will be available in here (Australia) too.

I wanted to buy no.1 lot.2001, but i guess its way too expensive to proxy one for me... i really hope once no.1 is available on international line, it will be available in here (Australia) too.

Can you post measurements of the 0001s Calvin, please?

I think I said it somewhere above, but it seems to me that Lot 0001 corresponds to the Lot 2000, in No.2 denim (or No.1 pre-shrinkage), and NOT Lot 2001.