Evisu is still loved!

benzak

not to crash the party(no pun) but i just hate how the machine beats up the jean sometimes. all washers and denims are different, but i've seen some instances where machine washing makes holes a lot more severe, and any rips more exaggerated. it makes all the broken warp and weft fibers all fluffy, esp. when paired with the dryer. sometimes the agitation makes the denim fade somewhat in areas that were previously uncrocked.

I guess it depends how you wash it.....A gentle cycle seems to be a enough usually. In terms of using the dryer, it seems to produce some unusual results. From my experiences, it straightens out creases (ugh!) and makes the roping effect more pronounced.

the deluxe are a stright fit, baggy even on me so no chance of crotch blowout im guessing the will shrink 2 inch's in the waist like my kanbo's did? hope i don't lose any inseam i reckon in 2months i will give a nice hot wash, and whenever after that

As crash said, it doubt the deluxe will shrink too much, and, if they do, they will likely stretch back out.

just thought i would nerd out and post a few versus pics of the 17oz and 21 oz evisu deluxe. Left and Right respectively.

KM56vsDY211.jpg

-7.jpg

-9.jpg

the 17oz are MUCH stiffer and more uneven. These are the hank dyed pair and i think they will give some pretty good results.

On another note, It seems awfully strange that the eternal 872's denim looks just like this evisu 17oz denim, same selvedge line as well....and the Iron Heart 21oz also looks very similair to the evisu 21oz.... Is it possible they used the same denim?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to marvelous1200 again

I owe you for those pics, great stuff there :)

amazing pics such a great range of evisu.

could you post more pictures of back pockets or the jeans in general.

thanks.

And I concur, pics of the jeans in general would be massively appreciated...

On another note, It seems awfully strange that the eternal 872's denim looks just like this evisu 17oz denim, same selvedge line as well....and the Iron Heart 21oz also looks very similair to the evisu 21oz.... Is it possible they used the same denim?

It's not impossible that they might have utilized the same denim mills. But I believe it's simply the similar dyeing process, as opposed to the same mills.

Oh, yeah. Some pictures of the 21oz would be nice. I almost bought a pair, but felt that gulls were a little too "glaring."

deluxe daughter got in the last pic sorry for poor quality photo's but hard to get outside with no one seeing me taking pic's of jeans, i get enough stare's as it is cuz im white

Possibly the most random thing in this thread so far!

Trust me, you'll get funny looks when taking pics of your denim no matter what colour tone your skin has... :D

Oh, and Barty9, read this for info on posting pics:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=17061

lol ben, the part of china im in is a small town(big in uk) liaoning and they have never seen a white dude in person so everyone just stare's at me

Haha I follow you! I lived in Tianjin and it was bad enough there, and Tianjin's a big city...although it was a LOT more communist then ('93-'94) and foreigners used to get followed by the secret police whenever we went out...

Can't imagine there are many deninheads in Manchuria...and it must be pretty cold there at the moment too... :)

worst was like -19 but we went to dalian which is a big town next to the sea and went shopping, out of no where found an evisu store had the same stuff as london but not as much was half the size, also they had beijing 2008 d85 0001 cut nuffin that great to talk in detailbut they did have about 5 pairs of yammene deluxe with some sort of cat on the rear left pocket and a gull on the right also two leather patch's the normal evisu one in shinny red and the yammene patch on the left, some crazy black, purple and silver selvedge, at 3560 so around 350 pounds, denim looked like d67 to me but felt nice, and they had one pair of evisu paris with the big m on the back for about 4000, so 400 pound no one spoke english and my wife was in DKNY so im going 2moz i will try take pic's but not sure if they will let me, also they didn't stock deluxe