Evisu is still loved!

benzak

hideous!!! thanx poly! this is why i dont rock evisu.

It's things like those jeans (amongst others) that sometimes make me embarrassed to be into Evisu...

It's good sometimes to be able to turn people's opinions though...I got a really good price on an LVC jacket last week after chatting to the store manager for while. He couldn't believe that my 2000s were Evisu...

It's things like those jeans (amongst others) that sometimes make me embarrassed to be into Evisu...

Hmmm, I'm not worried if someone rocks shit like that. I know evisu makes denim that caters to a multitude of tastes. But how can you blame them for making atrocious pieces, particularly if folks keep buying them?

It's either that, or make the same gull design year in and year out. So many japanese brands emulate Levi's designs to a T (well, not so much since the lawsuit), that it's kinda of refreshing to see this hideousness......Well sometimes...Not so much in this case.

:P

I think quality is the factor when folks purchase jeans.

Even more crazy is that those jeans are almost sold out on the international site:

http://international.evisu.com/collections/mens/products/tukimi-special-jean

It's good sometimes to be able to turn people's opinions though...I got a really good price on an LVC jacket last week after chatting to the store manager for while. He couldn't believe that my 2000s were Evisu...
Yeah, people seem surprised to by the fact that Evisu makes plain jeans. I guess we have the fakes to thank for that.

my quote wasn't to diss evisu as a whole, i dont wear evisu for 8 reasons:

1. they didn't respond at all to my resume

2. i e-mailed evisu for information about a pair of jeans, they failed to respond

3. yamane made up the whole 'levis loom' fib to sell product. miki tsujita says the first evis were made on toyoda looms

4. yamane cheapend his brand by liscencing the diacocks to mad companies wanting to ride the jay-z evisu bandwagon

5. he bought and resold quality-made knockoffs:mad:

6. yamane himself doesn't wear evisu. he wears yamane brand

7. yamane started making his jeans in china.

8. he takes beautiful denim, and prints dumb stuff on it.

thats why i wear Fullcounts with hand-painted arcs. the arcs are a jab to yamane, and the red tab is a jab to levis. with all that said im still fascinated by evis, and i dont know what id do to get a pair of deadstock rodeo uncles . imho as soon as the arcs came screenprinted, evisu started to lose its flavor. i am glad he came out with those plain pocket lot2000s for BIG. please correct me if im wrong on any of these acusations

my quote wasn't to diss evisu as a whole, i dont wear evisu for 8 reasons:

2. i e-mailed evisu for information about a pair of jeans, they failed to respond

3. yamane made up the whole 'levis loom' fib to sell product. miki tsujita says the first evis were made on toyoda looms

4. yamane cheapend his brand by liscencing the diacocks to mad companies wanting to ride the jay-z evisu bandwagon

thats why i wear Fullcounts with hand-painted arcs. the arcs are a jab to yamane, and the red tab is a jab to levis. with all that said im still fascinated by evis, and i dont know what id do to get a pair of deadstock rodeo uncles . imho as soon as the arcs came screenprinted, evisu started to lose its flavor. i am glad he came out with those plain pocket lot2000s for BIG. please correct me if im wrong on any of these acusations

i only saw one thing wrong, they DID in fact reply to you, but it was in the form of a pair of jeans covered in pockets.

but in all serious i would rock the 2000's @ big, plain pocket staayyle

Hahaha! I'm sorry....:D I remember when your originally stated that.
Hmm....They've answered most of my queries.
You got that from the denim news blog? Yeah, the owner of Fullcount used to work for Evisu. I think it is a misconception that Yamane made denim on an American loom when he first started out. But who knows if he didn't later on? I guess it doesn't really bother me though....I'm used to brands exaggerating.

They've imrpoved considerablty since then. Considerably....
What do you mean?
Well, it's the current brand that he's trying to promote.
I thought Evisu originated in Japan...Osaka to be precise... If you mean Yamane the brand, he "supposedly" did that to defy the misconception that premium vintage denim couldn't be made outside of Japan.
I thought the brand had its on specific designers? The Japanese line retains most of its simple, gull oriented designs. And the Heritage line has many simple pieces.

imho as soon as the arcs came screenprinted, evisu started to lose its flavor.

One of the pairs I currently have, from the heritage line, has hand painted arcs and a hand-painted design on the tag.

BTW, Matt tells me they're introducing a new fit.

200 cut? Eager to cop.

My D80 is sitting, and is indeed very hairy after a gentle machine wash. I found a pair of the yellow gull No. 1 Special at a very low price (sorry salaami, I didn't get them from your source). It is obviously different denim. I wonder what tasty denim was featured with the blue gull.

Yes you guys, my 2005 broken twill shows a little bit of good stuff after a couple weeks' wear. They are in stasis right now, but I can get some pics up if you guys want to do that. However, Crash mine are definitely lighter, not darker.

about the blog article, i dont know if tsujita-san was a worker, or one of the founders of evisu, but the story he told was in stark contrast to the rendition given by yamane a day earlier. he worked with yamane since the lapine(rodeo uncle) days, so i doubt he was simply an employee. he is a denim master, and one of the osaka 5. i forgot who told me about him selling confiscated quality knockoffs in some markets. i dont know about some cats, but MIJ means something to me. i dont see why a japanese would try to prove that a chinese can make his jeans just as well as his own countrymen. sounds like cheaper labor(capitalism@work). he has designers who work for him, but its HIS label, and HE has the say as to what goes out. plus id hate to solely blame him for all the super-ostentatious put out there over the years. all this said, i dont hate yamane. he introduced me to the term ''shuttle-loom'' and thats worth more than any thing i dont like. he just wont get my money...

about the blog article, i dont know if tsujita-san was a worker, or one of the founders of evisu, but the story he told was in stark contrast to the rendition given by yamane a day earlier

When did he talk to Yamane? I thought someone else told him that. Also, I believe Tsujita was one of the founders.

i dont see why a japanese would try to prove that a chinese can make his jeans just as well as his own countrymen. sounds like cheaper labor(capitalism@work)

Personally, I'm more concerned with the quality of my denim, not how much it cost to be made. If it's cheaper and is still a quality garment, then kudos to Yamane. He could charge $300+ like the original international Evisus.

For instance, Nudies cost around $270-to 300 in America, but there are infinitely better brands out there for that price...... Or cheaper.

he has designers who work for him, but its HIS label, and HE has the say as to what goes out. plus id hate to solely blame him for all the super-ostentatious put out there over the years.

It may be his label, but that is moot if someone else bought out his stock. Also, the international line is overseen by someone else.

he just wont get my money

It's understandable most people won't like this brand. But for the price point and quality (reinforced pockets and thick chain stitching), I'm more than satisfied.

Sorry for your experiences Salaami.

Here's some pics of my D67 jeans, had em for over a year but haven't worn them every day. Two hand washes I think. really like these and they are starting to wear in pretty good. I was a bit surprised at the stretching though, they stretched out about two inches in the waist. I could have sized down two and got the 34 i think...but I wear most of my jeans baggy so they fit right in.

D67-1.jpg

D67-2.jpg

D67-4.jpg

D67-7.jpg

D67-6.jpg

Yeah, i mean these are pretty tough...They looked almost black when I got them, and I didn't really wear em hard at first cause I was so hyped on how they draped, but now It's just whatevs, I wear em for everything. And they didn't really start showing wear till kinda recently. We'll see if they start to break in a little faster now.

I got some of the broken twill 0005 cut recently and those fit a little more snug, I think they will fade faster due to the tighter cut. Pretty hyped on those as well.

Nice pics marvelous1200, cheers! + rep.

200 cut? Eager to cop.

My D80 is sitting, and is indeed very hairy after a gentle machine wash. I found a pair of the yellow gull No. 1 Special at a very low price (sorry salaami, I didn't get them from your source). It is obviously different denim. I wonder what tasty denim was featured with the blue gull.

Yes you guys, my 2005 broken twill shows a little bit of good stuff after a couple weeks' wear. They are in stasis right now, but I can get some pics up if you guys want to do that. However, Crash mine are definitely lighter, not darker.

Pics of both pairs would be sweet. And would be good to see yours too, heflys.

My Lot 0005 have definitely got a little darker, maybe it's because they've lost the 'sheen' they had when new. Could be a trick of the light...I'm surprised at the wear that's coming through after a month; thought that they'd be more difficult due to the denim being so soft. I'm not going to bother with pics at the one month stage though...I'll wait a little longer until the wear is clearer...

with all that said im still fascinated by evis, and i dont know what id do to get a pair of deadstock rodeo uncles [...]i am glad he came out with those plain pocket lot2000s for BIG. please correct me if im wrong on any of these acusations

A pair of the Rodeos is my Holy Grail at the moment, and I'll drink to that! But surely the plain pocket 2000s were there all the time, the only reason why BiG's selling them like that is down to there being no authorised painter in the US at the moment.

UK-based members of this forum might be interested to know that Kanji will be painting jeans in Birmingham and Manchester sometime at the start of April...More to come when there are definite dates.

i didnt speak out of malice. i just dont have to agree with everything everyone does,thats all. i just love the DENIM, not the decorations

I feel you. A LOT of their products are embarassing and brings down the brand as a whole. A product so heavily branded, and faked, has to maintain some type of integrity. The fact that the creator states that he doesn't even wear evisu should say a lot.

Unless I can find some plain pockets, I think I'm done buying evisu. It is really disappointing that plain pockets are not readily available to the US market because I love evisu denim. You'd think that a company that prides itself on denim would be able to sell just the denim. There's only so many gulls one can take.

I feel you. A LOT of their products are embarassing and brings down the brand as a whole. A product so heavily branded, and faked, has to maintain some type of integrity. The fact that the creator states that he doesn't even wear evisu should say a lot.

Unless I can find some plain pockets, I think I'm done buying evisu. It is really disappointing that plain pockets are not readily available to the US market because I love evisu denim. You'd think that a company that prides itself on denim would be able to sell just the denim. There's only so many gulls one can take.

I wouldn't read too much into Yamane's comment that he didn't wear Evisu. I'm sure that lots of brand proprietors like to wear something other than the flagship products of their brand, if only to give themselves a break from the 24/7, if you get my meaning.

And the plain pocket jeans have been available via BiG; also plain D85 jeans are on the North American Evisu website. And the insularity of people being unwilling to order from a little farther afield baffles me. Surely, if you want something bad enough then you're willing to go the extra ten yards to get your hands on it?

The International line is the way it is because people will buy it, no matter what this forum's views on the styles may be. Hopefully, the pics of worn denims on the blog will start to show people what the brand can become, and maybe then the denim itself will become more appreciated.

And the more people on this and similar forums who are wearing their jeans hard and sending pics in, the more attention worn-in Evisu will get. Maybe then they'll move back towards their roots.

i didnt speak out of malice. i just dont have to agree with everything everyone does,thats all. i just love the DENIM, not the decorations

And I know there was no malice intended, someone who's informed and also unafraid to speak out against the perceived consensus is always to be applauded. :)

err did it fall off after teh succeeding wash? do i need to take care of it and all i mean the patch

And I use beeswax on the patches, before and after every wash. Keeps them supple and they age better.

dscf1370fx2.jpg

By the way Ed, I think those jeans will look great but hemming might be an idea. The fit elsewhere looks good to me.

I understand what you mean about his comments. At the same time, if your products aren't good enough for you at anytime, why should I invest in them? Still, that doesn't affect my opinion or desire to buy evisu denim.

I saw the plain d85's on the site, but in only a size 30. If they were available in my size, it wouldn't be an issue. I wear size 40 and I like my jeans loose, so my options are very limited when it comes to premium denim. I am also aware of big, but unsanforized size 40's wont work.

As far as the international thing, I don't want them that bad. Does that make me any less appreciative of quality denim? No.

I understand that someone is buying those wild looking evisu's or they wouldn't continue to produce them. Doesn't change MY opinion on them.

Point is, I'm only interested in plain pockets now. I have eight pairs with gulls, but I don't plan to stop buying denim. Enough is enough.