Evisu is still loved!

benzak

BTW Evisu is one of the ugliest denim brands i have ever seen. So gaudy, so hip-hop.. break down all you b-boys.. wearing Evisu

Wow, what a coincidence that you have neg rep. Somebody give this man a pat on the back.

Edit: Oh, wait. You're that guy who said we should read more GQ......That explains it.

i feel that.. the jeans on teh US site are China manufactured and medium quality (machine) can anyone add to this?

Do you even own a pair? Again, the selvedge denim is supposedly made in Japan, supposedly on a 29' loom. This "it's China made, so it must suck" attitude is becoming quite depressing. A few denim brands aren't completed in Japan either. Read back through the topic.

Do you even own a pair? Again, the selvedge denim is supposedly made in Japan, supposedly on a 29' loom. This "it's China made, so it must suck" attitude is becoming quite depressing. A few denim brands aren't completed in Japan either. Read back through the topic.

Actually I just had a conversation earlier today with Matt from Evisu USA. I was asking if there was a hierarchy in the way the Denim is Numbered. I know of No. 1 and No. 2, but I was wondering where the Heritage fell into that spectrum. He said they are all equal in quality. The differences are minor and that No. 1 and No. 2 are made in Japan and Heritage use to be made in China, but are now made in Macau. In conclusion he said that the are all great quality Deluxe being the best they offer but the others relativly similar and that it all comes down to personal peference and denim type ex. d85, d67, d330 and d660.

Sorry to ramble, but thought I would share the Knowledge!:D

Thanks heflys! Although I would have preferred it if you'd've said unsanforised...

Why would you prefer unsanforized? In my understanding, you would want unsanforised so that it will fit ur body better than sanforized ones after soaking. Some people argue that if you want to buy an unsanforized pair, you would go for 1-2 size bigger because it will shrink much more than the sanforized one after soaking.

In addition to stitched gulls, im now waiting for my no.1 special addition which is yet to come and it is stitched gulls. Just for sharing, im now frustrated because:

1. the gulls are stiched. Which means no fading, but it will be gone, totally gone when the threads are off. Which makes the jeans kinda look stupid with "incomplete" gulls after hard wears. or maybe have some holes on the pocket because the threads are off already

2. It is unsanforized, but the size is my actualy size. it will then shrink so badly till it will fit my body. Bad because i dont want it too tight. but im fully aware it will stretch back to normal

Any other pros/cons of unsanforized ones anyone? feel free to add something

Why would you prefer unsanforized? In my understanding, you would want unsanforised so that it will fit ur body better than sanforized ones after soaking. Some people argue that if you want to buy an unsanforized pair, you would go for 1-2 size bigger because it will shrink much more than the sanforized one after soaking.

In addition to stitched gulls, im now waiting for my no.1 special addition which is yet to come and it is stitched gulls. Just for sharing, im now frustrated because:

1. the gulls are stiched. Which means no fading, but it will be gone, totally gone when the threads are off. Which makes the jeans kinda look stupid with "incomplete" gulls after hard wears. or maybe have some holes on the pocket because the threads are off already

2. It is unsanforized, but the size is my actualy size. it will then shrink so badly till it will fit my body. Bad because i dont want it too tight. but im fully aware it will stretch back to normal

Any other pros/cons of unsanforized ones anyone? feel free to add something

The only reason why I asked is because I bought a pair of Deluxe on impulse without checking (indigo fever's a fucker!). They're 36", and I'm 33ish so was planning on shrinking them...They'll be here in the next few days, and now I'm praying that they're a small 36; if not you might see them popping up in the supermarket subforum before long.

Unpainted pockets though, if anyone's interested :o

Alternatively, reckon it's worth giving them a soak in boiling water anyhow?

personally, i dont believe what dude from evisuUSA says, since over the years(since the whole"this ain't diesel" jay-z blow-up line made yamane a LOT of quick cash) evisus quality dropped since his customer base changed. if the quality difference between the #1 is negligable, then why isnt the price jump as miniscule? hmmm...people stopped buying evisu for the maniacal quality but for the stuntability in the club and shit. newsflash, most rappers arent denimheads, and neither are most hip-hop consumers. they just want whats hot now, and sadly enough, most dont even care why its ''hot'', they just want someone to think theyre ''hot'' by association. so, yamane, like any true capitalist gave the people what they wanted, and he lost respect in the eyes of true heads with all the rap inspired, gaudy designs. thats why i want a pair of the 2000#1's so bad, because with these he finally came back to his rodeo/stylecraft/evis roots, and im very antsy to get my hands on a pair of these. plus the anonymous pockets add to the ''under the radar allure" i plan to give them 2 years, and then get the gulls painted on...

the evisu heritage i have would compare favorably to any sanforized japanese denim i have ever had the pleasure to see. denim and construction are really top notch.

at the same time, it is more of a designer brand than a repro workwear brand now, and the pricing and gaudy design on many of them reflect that. so do the mainline and EU line, which id compare to a diffusion line...

When I got my pair of Evisu Deluxe's, there was a letter in the box that said to expect about 2 to 3 inches shrinkage in length and about an 1.5 inches in the waist...but I havn't soaked them yet.

Although I know that there are a lot of different types of denim used in the deluxe line so some might be sanforized.

cheep, tek,

What has been your guys' experience with the wrangler denim stretching? I splurged on a pair, sized down, and then they sold out. Kick me now, I could probably have bought one in my size as well, and just sold the pair that worked the least.

Wow, what a coincidence that you have neg rep. Somebody give this man a pat on the back.

Edit: Oh, wait. You're that guy who said we should read more GQ......That explains it.

if opinion is against the rules.. than i don't know what else to say... either way.. remember, GQ was for the English Adventure like Jungle outfit in whatever thread it was.

it's not a bad mag.. maybe it should be a thread subject?

old Evisu's weren't so bad.. but since the majority of the representation of the brand here in the states has fallen due to the people who wear it... it's the brands fault for succumbing to it.

TPT

HEY CHEEP

thanks!

well i hope they end up being a good fit for me and not too baggy. anyway, the guy at evisu said that i could just ship it back and switch it for the heritage classics anyway w/no ship costs.

just have to wait for shipping now, which is a pain.

Is everyone who bought during the sale getting their jeans via UPS, rather than FedEx? Must be a cost issue, ie better bulk rates through UPS.

Also, holiday weekend, so....

cheep, tek,

What has been your guys' experience with the wrangler denim stretching? I splurged on a pair, sized down, and then they sold out. Kick me now, I could probably have bought one in my size as well, and just sold the pair that worked the least.

To be honest I have only worn them once so can't really provide an accurate answer to you ( he says sat in his heritage daicocks at work at 11:35 pm in the evening hoping that if he shuffles around a bit in his chair the ass will fade a little more ! )

They are instantly comfrtable though and I reckon will 'give' alot more that the normal denim.

You'll have to post up some pics when you get them.

i nominate jyoni for the best upgrade/jump in denim of the year...from STF to evisus. CHEEP, 2 questions: in your (expert) opinion, how does the quality/allure of the #1 denim differ from the #2? like, is the only difference that one is sanforized? and, how does the #1 denim compare to our other favorite brands' unsanforized denim? is it iyho worth the hype? in other words, give me the scoop, my dude! i handled a pair of the heritage jeans with the orange sewn-on diacocks, and i think they were the d68 denim, and it was very nice...

personally, i dont believe what dude from evisuUSA says, since over the years(since the whole"this ain't diesel" jay-z blow-up line made yamane a LOT of quick cash) evisus quality dropped since his customer base changed. if the quality difference between the #1 is negligable, then why isnt the price jump as miniscule?

Salaami, like cheep, I have to respectively disagree. The denim from USA is comparable, if not slightly superior, in some minor aspects to it's Japanese brethern. Plus, you can acquire it for much cheaper.

The brand can be somewhat gaudy, though they seem like their trying to simplify things somewhat.

old Evisu's weren't so bad.. but since the majority of the representation of the brand here in the states has fallen due to the people who wear it... it's the brands fault for succumbing to it

I find most mainstream folks have moved beyond Evisu, and are now focusing their attention on such brands as True Religion and Nudie, which is fine by me.