Evisu is still loved!

benzak

^^They shrunk and then they stretched out to 36W again, with no inseam shrinkage at all. Fit pix are further up the thread.

Kinda regretting buying them in a way, as they're a lovely pair of jeans but ultimately too large on the waist, especially as I'm doing my damnedest to get back to a 32/33.

Not sure what to do with them...

ILHE1S - I haven't thought about soaking them yet but will post the results here as and when, I'm a little reluctant as I don't want to shrink down the waist and not be able to button them - plus I have not yet decided which pair to wear after the Daicocks in a couple of moths time.
^^They shrunk and then they stretched out to 36W again, with no inseam shrinkage at all. Fit pix are further up the thread.

Kinda regretting buying them in a way, as they're a lovely pair of jeans but ultimately too large on the waist, especially as I'm doing my damnedest to get back to a 32/33.

Not sure what to do with them...

That's my concern is that one of you say they fit tight and the other loose. Both of you have been a great help. I was just trying to figure out if I should size up or just get my exact size. I've been trying to call Evisu USA but they are not answering. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

That's my concern is that one of you say they fit tight and the other loose. Both of you have been a great help. I was just trying to figure out if I should size up or just get my exact size. I've been trying to call Evisu USA but they are not answering. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

I think the confusion lies in the fact tht we have 2 different styles of Evisu jeans, granted they are both in the Deluxe range but are totally different styles and denims, mine seem alot tighter in the waist than any other W42 I have and are a VERY heavy slubby 17oz (i've not got round to measuring them yeteither,so don't know how true the size is ).

CTB's are not as slubby as mine and from the look of it are not quite as loose cut, I love the look of his more than he does I think ! ( I still think they look great CTB despite you needing a belt !)

Which pair are you wanting to buy ILHE1S ? can you provide a link before they sell ?

What sort of look are you after?

I can't yet comment on the shrinkage when soaked of the super slubby deluxe.

i asked dude @ebisu ( i just love the 'b', i dont know if there is a 'v' in japanese, like arabic) about the mill the #1 denim is weaved, and the cotton origin. waiting patiently for reply...thanks ilheis.

Here's a bunch of crap about their spring 09 collection.

http://www.evisu.com/blog/2008/07/09/evisus-ss09-spring-summer-collection/

Supposedly, four pairs in the heritage line will be reproductions of early Lee jeans. Some of the deluxe jeans will be entirely hand-sewn by a single person. Some of the jeans will also be hand washed in the ocean and dried on rocks. The clothing will be made from cotton and bamboo in Japan. Blah-blah-blah......

blog updated with runway video and pics, and some info on this seasons heritage line...

This season Evisu Heritage is also inspired by a deeply researched homage to another great jeans brand- Lee. The HD Lee Mercantile Co was founded in Salina, Kansas, USA in 1889. Our denim maniac followers and others amongst you who don’t get out much will spot a lot of subtle Lee references and details.

In Spring 2009, Evisu Heritage uses four newly developed selvage denims, including No13 LEFT, a Japanese woven close reproduction of the early denim used by Lee from the 1910s onwards. Jeans cut from to13LEFT denim have the leather patch sewn on the left side of the waistband. The focus is on fit, fabric, production and detailing.

some questionable styling... but individual peices look alright...

dont know about the shorts tho...

Evisu_Catwalk_265.jpg

Evisu_Catwalk_240.jpg

Yeah, those short-shorts are kinda of ......intriguing...In "my ass wouldn't be caught dead in em, but maybe someone else could pull it off," kinda way.

Possibly, but for the most part they're likely to look naff.

I refer my esteemed friends to my post in the following thread regarding ugly jeans and denim shorts:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1142384&postcount=456

:eek:

maybe they are ugly, but that doesnt mean that the denim and quality arent top notch.

heritage is the same quality as the no.2 .jp, if not higher. some of them are shrink to fit, which is what makes the no1 different than the no2...

most jeans on that site are the mainline or eu... not as good. but... you said the heritage was shit, which is wrong.

now... tell me... how many pairs of heritage have you owned? how many have you actually held in your hands?

Cheep,

I just bought the Evisu Heritage Gansos off the website and was thinking about getting the nakame minamis. Are they made with the same kind of denim? The Gansos don't feel like raw denim and the Dr. Jays description on the minamis says "raw". I'm concerned if there'll be a difference in fit and the amount of shrinkage. BTW I sized up on the Gansos thinking they'd shrink like a pair of STFs. Not much shrinkage like you said. Are the minamis gonna shrink like a pair of STFs?

damn i cant find my camera, and my phone is taking shitty pics right now. my kids evisu just came in and the are so nice. i see my nephew tomorrow so im gonna force him to try them on and make them his favorite pants

damn i cant find my camera, and my phone is taking shitty pics right now. my kids evisu just came in and the are so nice. i see my nephew tomorrow so im gonna force him to try them on and make them his favorite pants

pics!

Tell him you'll give him ten dollars if he wears them every day til school starts, without washing. He must hide them from his mom if she tries to wash.

damn i cant find my camera, and my phone is taking shitty pics right now.

What's the quality of the jeans like.

Cheep,

I just bought the Evisu Heritage Gansos off the website and was thinking about getting the nakame minamis. Are they made with the same kind of denim? The Gansos don't feel like raw denim and the Dr. Jays description on the minamis says "raw". I'm concerned if there'll be a difference in fit and the amount of shrinkage. BTW I sized up on the Gansos thinking they'd shrink like a pair of STFs. Not much shrinkage like you said. Are the minamis gonna shrink like a pair of STFs?

Only No.1's shrink. None of the jeans currently on the site are No. 1. And the Gansos look pretty raw to me.

http://shop.evisu.com/collections/mens/products/ganso-jeans

a man showing his thighs in public is a no-no. look @dude in the red hoodie, he looks like he knows he's not pulling this one off. and you know your denim shorts are uber-gay when the pocket bags are peeking out.

denim is japanese.

denim is japanese.

denim is japanese.

denim is japanese. denim is japanese.

denim is japanese.

denim is japanese.

denim is japanese.

denim is japanese.

oh, every piece in the heritage collection, the denim is japanese.

same with mainline... not selvage but denim is japanese.

what makes you think they would tell you that?

Don't know, Salaami asked. Some brands seem proud to reveal the origins of their denim manufacturing process, some are more secretive. I'm betting Evisu's the latter.

im pretty sure they use different mills for different denims
Now that I recall, I believe Matt said something about that. He also stressed that the denim uses different types of cotton.

i asked dude @ebisu ( i just love the 'b', i dont know if there is a 'v' in japanese, like arabic) about the mill the #1 denim is weaved, and the cotton origin. waiting patiently for reply...thanks ilheis.
Few people will wear those shorts.

BTW, you get a response about where the denim is manufactured?

I know that some of their Premium (Deluxe) jeans come from either 2 mills. The Kuroki Mill's and another that begins with a T. I just read about it , but now I can't find the name. Found it Takisada Mills. Hope this helps.

Cheep,

Thought I would also help.

They are made by 2 different type's of denim. The Gansos are made with D85 (Red Caste) Denim and the Nakame's are made with D330 (Purple Hue) Denim. They are both raw as you can see by the dark indigo color and are both selvage. Gansos have red and white selvage and Nakame's have pink line selvage. They are both STF, but be aware that this season's heritage run's 2 size's lareger than tag size. Hope this helps!;)

And they don't run 2 sizes larger, only 1. Only the 2005 cut runs three sizes larger.

I fount that old email Matt sent me. Here's his reply to my question about cotton:

"What type of cotton? That really depends on the denim. I'm not sure if you're looking for an answer like organic cotton or Zimbabwe cotton or even a detail like if our cotton thread has a cotton core. Like all of our choices, cotton is carefully considered. Particular regions no longer produce superior cotton these days. Cotton hybrids have been around for a good amount of time. At this point in time, we're not sold on organic certification. Cotton specifics like thread cores, mills, and other specifications are confidential."

nakames were not STF... they are sanforized. less than a half inch shrinkage all around

You got me on that obne Cheep. My bad.

And they don't run 2 sizes larger, only 1. Only the 2005 cut runs three sizes larger.

I fount that old email Matt sent me. Here's his reply to my question about cotton:

"What type of cotton? That really depends on the denim. I'm not sure if you're looking for an answer like organic cotton or Zimbabwe cotton or even a detail like if our cotton thread has a cotton core. Like all of our choices, cotton is carefully considered. Particular regions no longer produce superior cotton these days. Cotton hybrids have been around for a good amount of time. At this point in time, we're not sold on organic certification. Cotton specifics like thread cores, mills, and other specifications are confidential."

I usually buy my Heritage 2001 cut jeans in a size 38. I size up 2 for the shrinkage as recommended. I have bought 2 recently and when measured they were 2 sizes larger than the tag size. I called Matt at Evisu and he said that they have had this sizing problem with the heritage Line and they are trying to fix it in next season's line.

That's what I experienced and that's what I was told.:cool:

I usually buy my Heritage 2001 cut jeans in a size 38. I size up 2 for the shrinkage as recommended. I have bought 2 recently and when measured they were 2 sizes larger than the tag size. I called Matt at Evisu and he said that they have had this sizing problem with the heritage Line and they are trying to fix it in next season's line.

That's what I experienced and that's what I was told.:cool:

Unless they're No.1, they won't shrink. Perhaps an inch, but that's it, then it'll stretch back. The official measurements that were on the site said they ran one size larger, that's what I went by.