Evisu is still loved!

benzak

I find most mainstream folks have moved beyond Evisu, and are now focusing their attention on such brands as True Religion and Nudie, which is fine by me.
what nudie is mainstream? no mainstream people know about selvage/dry/raw jeans... in fact i remember reading on slickdeals forum that people like citizen/sevens because of their super-soft denim.

are mainstream brands really of such inferior quality? i don't know much about true religion but a lot of people seem to be happy with their sevens, and i have many of my american-made lucky brand jeans of which i'm happy with the fit and comfort.

I find most mainstream folks have moved beyond Evisu, and are now focusing their attention on such brands as True Religion and Nudie, which is fine by me.

Over here, there appears to be a lot more people these days (in my city, at least) wearing the EU lines, which are far easier on the eye than some of the gaudier Heritage styles (or the fake versions thereof).

I did giggle recently though when someone said that they liked my jeans but thought that they were fakes because 'the gulls have obviously been painted on by hand'.

I didn't have the heart to explain...

what nudie is mainstream? no mainstream people know about selvage/dry/raw jeans... in fact i remember reading on slickdeals forum that people like citizen/sevens because of their super-soft denim.

I see nothing but nudie and true religion these days, particularly from those possessing even a remote interest in denim. Perhaps it's different elsewhere.

are mainstream brands really of such inferior quality? i don't know much about true religion but a lot of people seem to be happy with their sevens, and i have many of my american-made lucky brand jeans of which i'm happy with the fit and comfort.

Besides being absolutely hideous (True Religion specifically), utilizing generic manufacturing techniques; relying heavily on "boot cuts", fits and washes that scream "I'm a 40 year old dad and loving it," and questionable price demands. I see no reason to purchase from these......"brands."

Might as well buy a pair of $30 STF' and call it a day.

Got my 'Evisu Deluxe' this morning I've only slept for 3 hours and opened the front door all bleary eyed to the postman.

Well, got to say the fabric is something else, it is like armour !

The certificate states that it is 17.5oz denim 'probably the heaviest in production' ( yes from Evisu at least anyway ! ) but the texture is so varied unlike my no.1 or no.2 Evisu denim - you don't even need to feel it to see the slubbiness you can actually see the change in texture of the weave and stiff is not the word it is like sheet steel, it is not hairy like the no.1 denim but is much more textured, I wonder then if it is has been singed to removed the hairiness - perhaps one of you kind folk would be able to answer ?

Size wise, I got a W42 and am glad I didn't go for smaller as they are pretty tight in the waist and seem much smaller than my no.1 42 and various other W42 I already have from the brand which I could not wear without a belt for matter of public decency !. This pair were quite difficult to button up but once on I did have room in the waist to get a couple of fingers in.

They fit quite roomy in the thigh but taper alot more to the leg opening, far more than any of my other Evisu, more of a carrot shape I guess, I normally prefer the straighter fits so feel a little odd wearing them like this - I swear this denim is bullet proof though, feels so incredibly tough and I'm intrigued to see how it is going to wear as the fabric is that special and all for a meagre $150 ! - bargain.

I'm so tempted to put my current pair on the back burner with 3.5 months wear to start on this pair but that would be a shame to do that now but I'm itching to get these babies started !

I'll post up pics when I can, but for now anyone who is thinking of wanting to get a pair I'd say jump on it NOW - I just checked Ebay and the same seller I bought from has got several pairs up for sale including the following sizes - W32/W34/W36/W38 he also has hand dyed deluxe from W28 to W40 listed RRP $1250 but I'm sure he'll take waaaaaaay lower than that !

Go click and grab a real bargain.

- more later :)

Got my 'Evisu Deluxe' this morning I've only slept for 3 hours and opened the front door all bleary eyed to the postman.

Well, got to say the fabric is something else, it is like armour !

The certificate states that it is 17.5oz denim 'probably the heaviest in production' ( yes from Evisu at least anyway ! ) but the texture is so varied unlike my no.1 or no.2 Evisu denim - you don't even need to feel it to see the slubbiness you can actually see the change in texture of the weave and stiff is not the word it is like sheet steel, it is not hairy like the no.1 denim but is much more textured, I wonder then if it is has been singed to removed the hairiness - perhaps one of you kind folk would be able to answer ?

Size wise, I got a W42 and am glad I didn't go for smaller as they are pretty tight in the waist and seem much smaller than my no.1 42 and various other W42 I already have from the brand which I could not wear without a belt for matter of public decency !. This pair were quite difficult to button up but once on I did have room in the waist to get a couple of fingers in.

They fit quite roomy in the thigh but taper alot more to the leg opening, far more than any of my other Evisu, more of a carrot shape I guess, I normally prefer the straighter fits so feel a little odd wearing them like this - I swear this denim is bullet proof though, feels so incredibly tough and I'm intrigued to see how it is going to wear as the fabric is that special and all for a meagre $150 ! - bargain.

I'm so tempted to put my current pair on the back burner with 3.5 months wear to start on this pair but that would be a shame to do that now but I'm itching to get these babies started !

I'll post up pics when I can, but for now anyone who is thinking of wanting to get a pair I'd say jump on it NOW - I just checked Ebay and the same seller I bought from has got several pairs up for sale including the following sizes - W32/W34/W36/W38 he also has hand dyed deluxe from W28 to W40 listed RRP $1250 but I'm sure he'll take waaaaaaay lower than that !

Go click and grab a real bargain.

- more later :)

Cant be happier to open the door for the postman delivering our long-waited pair of evisu :) I might want to grab that jeans tekrah. But i really hope i could see ur fit pics before. From the previous posts, i believe that pair is sanforized, which will not shrink as much after soaking. I guess you will not soak them before first wearing? but it will shrink till it wont fit ur waist :P Wanna hear ur opinion here.

Do you mind to share us all the measurements?

Wow, you make it sound that pair is as hard as rock. I might want to buy that jeans, after seeing ur fit pics maybe :P

They came...and it's like Tekrah said...

:D

Glad you got them - you'll have to let me know when you start to wear them and we should 'synchronise' it'd be interesting to see how each pair progresses ? - What with these and the competition that DeeDee is running too we'll be all evisu'd out !

- as for the denim itself it appears to be indestructable and rather delectable doesn't it?

How do yours fit compared to others you have?

Glad you got them - you'll have to let me know when you start to wear them and we should 'synchronise' it'd be interesting to see how each pair progresses ? - What with these and the competition that DeeDee is running too we'll be all evisu'd out !

- as for the denim itself it appears to be indestructable and rather delectable doesn't it?

How do yours fit compared to others you have?

My head hurts now as I've got too many pairs and only so much time! I was hoping to get some Ironhearts this year but think they'll be a project for 2010...

The denim's something else, and a poke in the eye to all who reckon that Made in Japan is the be-and-end-all of it. The fit's great, but I really hope they do shrink a bit in the waist as they're a bit too big. Proper urban armour, though!

Now, do I get them handpainted or not? Opinions?

Now, do I get them handpainted or not? Opinions?

....exactly my thoughts too, you reckon they'll do it at Saville Row ?

Funny if we turned up at the same time !

I'm not decided yet as to get the painted or not.

I think I might leave the painted one for the competition and do as you did by getting it from Japan in order to get the tab as well, never bought from a proxy yet though, a little daunted.

We'll see...

Right then Denim Maniacs...here's a quick couple of snapshots of todays delivery of 17.5 oz slubby, streaky Evisu !

Excuse the poor photos - they are taken indoor with no camera tomfoolery other than a bit of flash, more pics later when my girlfriend can assist in the camera department !

2652174787_135dc06465_b.jpg

2652177095_fff7e4e0e4_b.jpg

Still can't emphasize the quality and texture of this denim enough - effing amazing !

Still undecided on getting the pockets painted too.

what do you fine folk think?

Cheep - how old are those Heritage you just posted, how many washed etc.

They are starting to look fine - you have a full pic?

I'm still tempted to bung my Heritage Daicocks in the tub for a wash.

I want more of a vintage fade than the super high contrast sufu favours.

Only been worn since March 21st though missed maybe 1 or 2 days.

...."can't...........hold..........on.....aaaaaarghhhhhh" !

I just got my pair like that from the same seller as well, streaky, heavy, carrot leg fit, roomy in the thighs. I am a bit put off by the fit and mine were tight in the waist as well. My fit is a bit like yours (Tek) - i am 5'7" 205 lbs with a 38 waist. so I got the 38 waist pair he had for sale. I paid 150 for mine too. 17oz denim just takes some getting used to I guess. I have never bought any of them in this weight before. I am probably going to wait until it gets a little cooler to start them. I am going to hike a bit of the appalachan trail in early november. Might break em out then if it is cold enough.

Tek,

I effing love those jeans, they are like d67's on steroids. Way more intense! Also nice touch with the Tank tee. I love their Artist Series Tee's.

thanks for the comment - I love their artist series too, their belt buckles are great as well, got them both some while ago. The label is pretty much unknown here in the UK, not sure how it is in the USA the idea of various artists producing designs appeals to me though. I like the older Zac Johnsen stuff.

Still can't tell you all how good the denim is on these jeans, has to be seen up close and felt to be believed ! - they should turn out great.

I just got my pair like that from the same seller as well, streaky, heavy, carrot leg fit, roomy in the thighs. I am a bit put off by the fit and mine were tight in the waist as well. My fit is a bit like yours (Tek) - i am 5'7" 205 lbs with a 38 waist. so I got the 38 waist pair he had for sale. I paid 150 for mine too. 17oz denim just takes some getting used to I guess. I have never bought any of them in this weight before. I am probably going to wait until it gets a little cooler to start them. I am going to hike a bit of the appalachan trail in early november. Might break em out then if it is cold enough.

Cool, they are truly amazing aren't they, just keep in mind how incredible they'll look once broken in and softened up. We are going to have some mighty fine threads to show in a few months ! - how about putting up some pics ?;)

I will try to take some today, my digi camera really sucks and I lost my computer when I got divorced so my laptop is all I got right now and it is not online. I will try to post up some on my break tom. while at work. They are exactly like yours with plain pockets, although your fit looks better than mine. I bought them specifically for the weight of the denim because I wanted a pair for cold weather as I plan to spend some time in Toullula sp?gorge camping out- I took the whole month of nov. off.