Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but styles like Heritage and all the Evisu's sold on ebay and drjays are NOT the Evisu's that most of us are looking for.

Evisu JP and regular Evisu are basically two different companies operating under the same name. The super nice denim and fading potential of the 2000 #1's cannot be found in that hip hop style, Evisu crap that is so common everywhere you look.

youre a fucking idiot. my heritage fade beautifully, and the denim is just as nice as any japanese jeans ive seen for the price

4 months:

dscf3184cu0.jpg

neg rep

Second soak for the jeans ^^^, gave them a further two hours in the tub, using near-boiling water for the first hour. No shrinkage to speak of (still 36 x 34 so will be needing a belt with these). Wore them wet for a long walk through the urban jungle and by the time they'd dried, the creases were set in stone (as were my genitalia!) - don't think you could get the stacks this hard if you used some fucked-up uberstarch. Comfy as fuck though...

Tried to capture the feel of the denim, on a moody English summer's day:

dsc00731cg8.jpg

dsc00743md2.jpg

dsc00764cz1.jpg

One day of wear, and I'm thinking everything else can wait this year...

maybe they are ugly, but that doesnt mean that the denim and quality arent top notch.

heritage is the same quality as the no.2 .jp, if not higher. some of them are shrink to fit, which is what makes the no1 different than the no2...

most jeans on that site are the mainline or eu... not as good. but... you said the heritage was shit, which is wrong.

now... tell me... how many pairs of heritage have you owned? how many have you actually held in your hands?

^^Nah, fuck you cheep. Take a gander at these and tell me Evisu isn't two diff brands.

http://www.drjays.com/shop/P412238/product.html

Maybe I'm wrong about the Heritage model, but these and every other pair of Evisu sold on that site straight SUCKS.

Whoa There Fella!!! This site and it's sister site has both sold the jeans Cheep has pictured above. The Nakame Minami Evisu Heritage Raw. Evisu caters to both Maniac's and Hip-Hop Hungry Kid's/Youngster's!

So slow your roll!;)

Alright alright. Laughter95 said he was disappointed with his heritages because the denim felt thin, the pockets were huge and the legs were really baggy. I lumped them in with rest of the hip hop crapola for sale on drjays - my bad. But you can't deny that there's a huge difference between the drjays variety, and the 2000 #1's that we all covet, that's all.

And cheep - you're neg rep pushed me from green to red. ouch.

i own 2 pair... and wore the DD+1 no1s for a month.

ive also had samurai, sugarcane, rrl, john bull, vintage levis and lee, ande whalls, warehouse...

my favorites? thats tough. as far as strictly denim, id go with my samurai s0500xx. for skinny jeans i like my rrl slims, or my rrl that i tapered. for baggier, my evisu brown box. overall, either the dd+1 or the nikame miname heritage. no1 denim is a little nicer, and the fit on the heritage is a little nicer.

morse: there is not that huge a difference. not as much as youd think at least. and yeah, the heritage denim feels a little thin when new, but after a wash it feels like any normal 13oz sanforised denim. detailing, hardware, construction... all pretty much the same between heritage and jp evisu. heritage is also always japanese selvage denim. they are not constructed in japan, but the denim is made in japan.

To all the haters:

Evisu only make 2 types of denim jean, that's right TWO

They are the following:

Denim Jean Type 1

Those you like.

Denim Jean Type 2

Those you don't like.

The only problem is that there is no label on the jeans themselves to tell you which type the are, that is the genius of Evisu.

Now the small print:

Some people however buy the 'Type 1' only to discover later when months later, others have purchased that particular style that they suddenly realise they made a terriblel error and purchased the dreaded 'Type 2' denim by mistake. This is indicative of other products in their life.

^^Nah, fuck you cheep. Take a gander at these and tell me Evisu isn't two diff brands.

http://www.drjays.com/shop/P412238/product.html

Maybe I'm wrong about the Heritage model, but these and every other pair of Evisu sold on that site straight SUCKS.

Wow, you find the ugliest piece of shit Evisu's imaginable, knowing the brands experimentation, as a means to disprove it's quality. Never mind that it has absolutely nothing to do with the concept of quality, but more so with personal tackiness. Congratulations.

The super nice denim and fading potential of the 2000 #1's cannot be found in that hip hop style, Evisu crap that is so common everywhere you look.

Clearly you own many pairs. We bow before your extensive knowledge of Evisu quality.

Alright alright. Laughter95 said he was disappointed with his heritages because the denim felt thin, the pockets were huge and the legs were really baggy.

Well, considering that Evisu's vary in weight, from 12 to 14.5 oz (normally), are vintage inspired and that one should size down when considering 2001's (if he even bought a 2001 CUT), I'm not sure what he was expecting. Also, weight of denim doesn't necessarily always translate into high quality denim. I'd like to see the pair he purchased.

BTW, I can't even fathom a pair of lucky brand jeans looking even remotely better than a pair of Evisu's. I must see fit pics.

Tek, from ur recommendation, i bought myself a this pair. There was someone else's offer before me. And i guess it was $150? so i put my offer as $155 and i won that item :D:D:D. I am now waiting 2 pair of jeans that yet to come. ohh nooooooooo.. its killing me.

Quote from ogkush:

D85 denim. This fabric features ultra saturated dark indigo selvage denim with a tinted weft and red/white selvage

D330 denim. This fabric features red-cast Japanese selvage denim with white weft and pink-line selvage.

D67 fabric features stubbly ultra saturated dark indigo selvage denim

Any idea what the difference of DD65, KM56, and TE41? And Tek, why is this item is described as hand-dyed?

Damn, i cant post any pictures. Im still figuring it out.

Calvinc - those are the pair that CTB bought, I'm still waiting on the seller to provide measurements for me on a pair of W40 of that same jean.

Mine are the slubbier 17oz babies.

As for the difference of DD65, KM56, and TE41 I honeslty can't say - it might well be worth posting the question in the Small questions thread? - I'd be interested in knowing too.

Those you posted pictires of have the RRP of $1250 and for that money I'd liketo think that they were as much made by hand as possible, I presume that the process of dyeing is not carried out mechanically and thus giving the thread the favoured irregular look that is far more of an artisan approach rather that mechanical production line appearance, where each garment has a more unique character.

What is the 2nd pair you are waiting on it is the slubbier one :

2634836164_703ff62ff6_o.jpg

And cheep - you're neg rep pushed me from green to red. ouch.

Strong is his neg rep, Imagine I would.

Laughter95, evisu.com has those black wash jeans too...maybe those would be more your flavor? They aren't selvedge but they are raw. They have a normal rise, higher pockets, and sound like they would produce a unique fade.

*edit ~ I know those black wash jeans are kind of low grade, but it was just a thought. Too bad those Mizuhiki Knot jeans have sold out of your appropriate size.

heh, thanks though. but i don't really want the jeans with too much of a design on it. they won't look good paired with a nice shirt.

i would so much rather spend 150 or less on dry selvedge than to pay more... i wish i woulda bought those 150 buck jeans in tokyo when i was in the edwin store but i didn't realize how rare it is over here. those would have been a really good buy. nice, heavy, slubby but still dressy, good fit and color.

damn.

anyone know of good sales/names to look out for at this price range? is it really worth paying more than 150 for dry selvedge?

Calvinc - those are the pair that CTB bought, I'm still waiting on the seller to provide measurements for me on a pair of W40 of that same jean.

Nah, didn't like the lack of belt loops on that design. Mine are slightly different. And I'm quoting myself here, as the original got caught in the crossfire a while back...

:D

Second soak for the jeans ^^^, gave them a further two hours in the tub, using near-boiling water for the first hour. No shrinkage to speak of (still 36 x 34 so will be needing a belt with these). Wore them wet for a long walk through the urban jungle and by the time they'd dried, the creases were set in stone (as were my genitalia!) - don't think you could get the stacks this hard if you used some fucked-up uberstarch. Comfy as fuck though...

Tried to capture the feel of the denim, on a moody English summer's day:

dsc00731cg8.jpg

dsc00743md2.jpg

dsc00764cz1.jpg

One day of wear, and I'm thinking everything else can wait this year...

They got their first trip to the pub last night...

:)

Oops ! - Sorry CTB - my head's spinning there are so many new pairs popping up - sorry for the confusion.

I can't wait to start on mine but I just soaked & rinsed my 3.5 month worn Heritage Daicocks and they've plumped up and are feeling all rigid again.

I put them on the line again this morning bringing them in before going to work last night.

Just waiting for them to dry out and they are going to get a good 2.5 more months wear before I set to work on a new pair.

i can't be bothered to go to bed now - I'm going to stay up and hallucinate from lack of sleep ! :o

Haha. I cant wait till my things arrive. Guys what do u think of the fit of my current No.2 Lot.0331.

IMGP0424.jpg

IMGP0422.jpg

IMGP0417.jpg

My height is 178cm, weight 66kg and waist size 32', and all the pairs i bought is 32' waist size (yes i am totally aware im really skinny). Here is the thing. Since this is abit too baggy (but i like it, its extremely comfy for me), im really affraid my current pair i just bought (the one Tekrah recommended) will be way too baggy for me. Im not really worried about my no.1 since it is unsanforized. So Tekrah, you can solve my problem maybe? And some questions for u guys. I like to wear a baggy pair, so is that possible to actually get nice creases, fade, and honey combs? Because what i see mostly from all the pics in this forum are all fit jeans, as in really fit.

^ I really like the fit. Have they stretched out fully?

Other people can answer your question about fades better, but I've done one cheap pair of jeans with a similar fit. They have a nice front imo, but the combs really never came through that well, and shifted on me after a soak.

waiting on a pair of hotei fan jeans i got during the sale. wondering if these are sanfordized, im assuming they are. they are the same greencast denim as the wrangler repros, looking forward to that.

got true to size, hoping they fit ok.

anyone else have these?

^ I really like the fit. Have they stretched out fully?

Other people can answer your question about fades better, but I've done one cheap pair of jeans with a similar fit. They have a nice front imo, but the combs really never came through that well, and shifted on me after a soak.

Thx jyoni :)

No.. It just been 3 days after their first soak. It is still hard though. Need to wear them more often. Wow they shifted? This means i may not be able to get good combs then :(

Dont you think its abit too baggy? i found it quite weird. but i like to wear that fit. haha

waiting on a pair of hotei fan jeans i got during the sale. wondering if these are sanfordized, im assuming they are. they are the same greencast denim as the wrangler repros, looking forward to that.

got true to size, hoping they fit ok.

anyone else have these?

I bought some too. Yes, they're sanforized. I sized down 3...they're already stretching, and I've only been wearing them for two evenings. You know what though, they're kind of slim. If you keep your belt snug you might simply have a slightly fuller leg.

Thx jyoni :)

No.. It just been 3 days after their first soak. It is still hard though. Need to wear them more often. Wow they shifted? This means i may not be able to get good combs then :(

Dont you think its abit too baggy? i found it quite weird. but i like to wear that fit. haha

I would wait for more feedback on the combs man. That is really nice denim. Mine were end-run cheap. But I was on my knees constantly...I build stairs and install mouldings for a living, so I'm always scuttling around. Alas, my combs weren't great.

I like the fit now, heflys probably knows how much those will stretch.