Evisu is still loved!

benzak

damn im on the fence about these.

http://shop.evisu.com/collections/kids/products/kids-jeans

my nephew is gonna start kindergarten soon, and im thinking of getting him something proper to start with or should i not cause its his daddy's job to get him stuff.

eh, i still got 3 days to think it over.

This is what the 0331s look like post-soak, for those that are interested:

dsc00445vr6.jpg

dsc00447ky0.jpg

Not the best of pics, but you get the flavour. I'm six foot/183cm tall, for the record.

It was these that got me interested in dry denim, which is kinda why I'm here. I managed to land some 2001 Number 1s not long after these, so the ones above aren't getting the wear they deserve...

Iyoni, there is a picture in the indigo master edition of lightning with a family of people wearing raw denim (dad, mom, two boys and a baby girl (?) ) not only does the mom have amazing fades on her jeans, but the two boys look so bad ass in theirs. no scanner :(

Iyoni, there is a picture in the indigo master edition of lightning with a family of people wearing raw denim (dad, mom, two boys and a baby girl (?) ) not only does the mom have amazing fades on her jeans, but the two boys look so bad ass in theirs. no scanner :(

:(

their .jp site used to have cool 'kizzu' pics

kizzukid.jpg

Hand dyed, 2001 (I think) cut No.1 denim from last season.

Probably worth pulling the trigger on then ?

Damn, I've alread got no.1 No.2 and about 6 others that I have not even touched yet. Do I need another pair, good price though?

decisions, decisions....:confused:

Hey Tek, if you don't mind buying from a US ebay seller check this store out:

http://stores.ebay.com/Dress-in-Style_Evisu_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ12878402QQftidZ2QQtZkm

His prices are listed pretty high, but if you check out the completed/sold items, he accepts offers that are considerably lower, like a pair that was listed at 699.99 that he let go for 150.00. And he's got some pretty hot stuff you don't see very often.

Can anyone tell me which is the slimmer fit of the two? (Can anyone compare these to the APC NS cut as well?)

http://shop.evisu.com/collections/mens/products/mens-plain-vintage-cut-jeans

http://shop.evisu.com/collections/mens/products/mens-heritage-jeans

And if I'm a true 32 waist, what size should I be getting?

Inseam on these?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks to all replies

Second pair are slimmer, inseam should be 34 and evisus run 1 larger in waist.

Probably worth pulling the trigger on then ?

You think it's too excessive? Some folks would say you can't have too much denim. You might see something else though.

Hey Tek, if you don't mind buying from a US ebay seller check this store out:

http://stores.ebay.com/Dress-in-Style_Evisu_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ12878402QQftidZ2QQtZkm

His prices are listed pretty high, but if you check out the completed/sold items, he accepts offers that are considerably lower, like a pair that was listed at 699.99 that he let go for 150.00. And he's got some pretty hot stuff you don't see very often.

Cheers for the headsup Marv1200 - as coincidence would have it, I have bought several pairs from this seller- indeed I think that's where I got my Brown Box from among others ! - 'tis a small world isn't it?

yo tek, just FYI, i recently bought a pair of No. 1 Specials in a 38, I usually wear a 36 loose. So when I got them they were HUGE (but it was a generous cut/fit), so I soaked em in hot water and they shrunk like crazy! But now they're perfect, so if you are going to get another pair of No. 1's just be sure to size up at least two inches from the size you like to wear and I would recommend shrinking them before you wear them, or be prepared for it to happen whenever you wash them!

They were the D80 denim. My D67 denim didn't shrink much at all, but i cold washed em by hand after about 6 months of wear and they just returned to the original size in the waist.

yo tek, just FYI, i recently bought a pair of No. 1 Specials in a 38, I usually wear a 36 loose. So when I got them they were HUGE (but it was a generous cut/fit), so I soaked em in hot water and they shrunk like crazy! But now they're perfect, so if you are going to get another pair of No. 1's just be sure to size up at least two inches from the size you like to wear and I would recommend shrinking them before you wear them, or be prepared for it to happen whenever you wash them!

They were the D80 denim. My D67 denim didn't shrink much at all, but i cold washed em by hand after about 6 months of wear and they just returned to the original size in the waist.

Marv-I'll bear that in mind ! - by the way I'm never listening to you again (((joke))) - I just checked out the seller again and bought the following pair for $150 as opposed to the advertised buy it now price of $695 !!! bargain don't you think - anyhow heres the jeans grabbed from ebay :

2634836164_703ff62ff6_o.jpg2634014301_114db36b58_o.jpg

2634836066_83192287ec_o.jpg2634835996_725293b26d_o.jpg2634835950_2f437c315d_o.jpg2634014059_ed7bbfd36a_o.jpg

..... I'll post up fit pics when they arrive here in the UK.

By the way anyone know what they are exactly - anyone got a pair ? - they look pretty nice - very interesting denim. RRP of $995 - insane:eek: :eek: :eek:

Tek, those are sick! I got the same pair but with the white embroidered gulls around xmas for 180 and i thought i got a deal! The denim on those is insane, very slubby and uneven, rated at 17 oz. mine came with the wooden box, I'm curious to know if this seller is selling em with the box too...but yeah, they are probably my favorite pair, although usually my favorite pair is the ones that i'm wearing at the time :) .

anyway, good score, you'll mos def be psyched when you get them. I'm eyeing the silver 21 oz pair they got...but dang, i have enough already! It's turning into a collector thing...like I know they are limited edition so if i let them get away I might not get another chance to get them...

decisions decisions

I think that this denim is made in Japan somewhere, The certificate that came with them said they were made by a worker who is a national treasure, but didn't specify which mill they came from. The denim code is KM65, so it's possible that it's Kuroki or Kurabo. but who knows. They are the hank dyed jeans, which is most likely why the MSRP is so high i presume.

oooh, tekrah those are nice. does anybody know when BIG will have the custom painted gulls on the #1s they are selling? i want a pair bad, but im going to wait until that's available.

oooh, tekrah those are nice. does anybody know when BIG will have the custom painted gulls on the #1s they are selling? i want a pair bad, but im going to wait until that's available.

I asked Matt @ Evisu about this for those #2's. He said evisu.com plans to offer it at some point in time, and that Blue in Green hopes to have a program within a year.

This was regarding sending them a pair bought elsewhere though...maybe they have other plans for the jeans they are actually selling directly.

For those in the UK, Evisu on Savile Row have started offering the handpainted gulls, but don't have any Number 1 denim in stock at the moment.

They were happy to paint an old pair of Number 2s that I took down with me, so might be worth looking for a plain pair of jeans and asking them nicely...

damn im on the fence about these.

http://shop.evisu.com/collections/kids/products/kids-jeans

my nephew is gonna start kindergarten soon, and im thinking of getting him something proper to start with or should i not cause its his daddy's job to get him stuff.

eh, i still got 3 days to think it over.

i couldnt say no. just ordered em, i almost feel giddy right now, im hoping he makes them his own like the edwins i got em. pics here.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1032904&postcount=77

damn right. if his pops cant get him the goods, it is your duty to start lil' man off on the right note. although im not at all a fan of buying kids uber expensive clothing that they'll grow out of, it'll be worth it if he wears them daily, and then passes them on to...my kid. she's a month old, but by the time you pass em on to me, they'll be sick. samurai makes even better kids denims...check em out!

Hey y'all!!!

I have been waiting for the admins to allow me post something. Finally the time has came :) Read this thread from the start till the end lol. A very amazing thread and i got a quite amount of knowledge :P Im a proud owner of no.2 Lot.0331 pair of jeans and soon-to-be no1. gold embedded special edition owner. :D

The amazing fact i found out was, the current pair i own, 0331 no.2, is actually a slim-fit! Man, i tot it was a baggy style lol.

Questions questions. How do u actually find the model number and the cutting model? the #2000, #2001, etc. I bought my first evisu pair on last nov. Hardly use it, because i baby him so badly. havent been washed ever since. will prolly send the pics how it goes with me. So, do you think i should soak it to fit me well? because currently its baggy all over. If yes, use hot or cold? and wear them while wet?

PS: I like ur jeans PlanetMetal. and grats to Tek

Hey y'all!!!

I have been waiting for the admins to allow me post something. Finally the time has came :) Read this thread from the start till the end lol. A very amazing thread and i got a quite amount of knowledge :P Im a proud owner of no.2 Lot.0331 pair of jeans and soon-to-be no1. gold embedded special edition owner. :D

The amazing fact i found out was, the current pair i own, 0331 no.2, is actually a slim-fit! Man, i tot it was a baggy style lol.

Questions questions. How do u actually find the model number and the cutting model? the #2000, #2001, etc. I bought my first evisu pair on last nov. Hardly use it, because i baby him so badly. havent been washed ever since. will prolly send the pics how it goes with me. So, do you think i should soak it to fit me well? because currently its baggy all over. If yes, use hot or cold? and wear them while wet?

PS: I like ur jeans PlanetMetal. and grats to Tek

You already know your model number? You stated it above.

The model number is on the bottom left of the patch. The type of denim (e.g. No 1, No 2, etc.) is in large print over most of the patch.

If you read the whole thread, you should of found out that No 2 denim, like you say you have, is safronised, so you wont get much shrinking after a soak. I would leave them till they are dirty then give them a hot wash. If you insist of soaking, making it a hot one and don't wear while wet. Let them hang dry till they are totally dry.

On different note, made a purpose trip to the Evisu store today in Daikanyama because I convinced myself the lighter denim of some No 1's would be better for summer. Really unimpressed with that place! They only had really loud jeans on display, heaps of Paris models (in Tokyo???) and not one pair of normal No 1 or No 2 denim anywhere. I had to ask about them and she said they get them ordered in with your own selection of arc in whatever colour you like. Pretty much like ordering online but with custom arcs. Prices were 21 000 yen for No 2's and 30 400 for No 1's including the paint job. Oh and yeah and I don't think my logic of that denim being good for summer is right, it felt far from light! Hahaha.