Evisu is still loved!

benzak

im still thinking about snagging a pair of the plain pocket heritage jeans...

Looks like sizes 32 and 34 are gone in both styles.

Who has been buying the Hotei Fan jeans? They are sold out?

Thought I would post some pic's of my Collection.

I've been working on the pair all the way to the left for almost a year.

Hey,

you got any fit pics of the jeans on the far right? would you say they are comparable fit to the 0331 fit? I see the same exact pair on ebay in my size right now but not sure what the fit is like. Thanks.

Hey,

you got any fit pics of the jeans on the far right? would you say they are comparable fit to the 0331 fit? I see the same exact pair on ebay in my size right now but not sure what the fit is like. Thanks.

I can take some fit pic's for you later. The fit is a 2001 and if you don't mind me asking how much are they asking for them on ebay. I got mine for a good deal and could direct you to the same place if you would like.

Hi,

I would love if you could take some fit pics later. That would be great.

They Evisus on Ebay are 190$ Buy-it-Now or Best Offer. According to this thread, I think I read that he accepts offers lower than the Buy-it-now price.

Either way, directing me to the site you got them from is good, too. I need to find some more sites with evisu other than BiG, Evisus website, and eBAY.

Hi,

They Evisus on Ebay are 190$ Buy-it-Now or Best Offer. According to this thread, I think I read that he accepts offers lower than the Buy-it-now price.

Either way, directing me to the site you got them from is good, too. I need to find some more sites with evisu other than BiG, Evisus website, and eBAY.

Hope you don't mind me jumping in, but 2001 fits like this:

number12001hp2eb7.jpg

Looser around the thighs and seat than the 2000, but fine for me as my thighs aren't slim!

And if you're talking about the eBay seller mentioned a page earlier, then he DOES accept silly offers, as I landed a Deluxe pair that I'm going to get checked out as soon as they arrive.

Hi,

I purchased mine from drjays.com they are an authorized dealer and I got mine for $135 originally 173.99. Use this code if you like (RNQTU) it's 20% off and expires on the 7th. Another site is djpremium.com and they are an authorized dealer as well.

Also thanks Crash for helping with the fit pic's!

teh fits look awesome, ill post some pics after i get my Evisus but im going to Vietnam for like a month so I'll prob have to wait a month to get my hands on my Evisus =(. I got the Fits and the pre soaked originals. The naming is different from UK and US :(

I got my Levi's in the mail today and I am actually impressed by their Slims, i got it in 33/32. Its a bit long but i really like the pair, theyre very dark. But my bets still on Evisu jeans to be my fav's.

CODE ENDS TOMMOROW!!!!!

I really like evisu's still but living in the bay area makes them leave a bad taste in my mouth since theres so many fakes around here. Everyone time I wear a pair people ask "those real?" when there wearing fakes themselves.

^^ If that's a concern, then go for the jeans with the plain pockets and enjoy the anonymity!

And apologies if I shouldn't do this, but if anyone's interested in these:

http://www.djpremium.com/shop/G1-V68519-R54352-P370834/evisu/evisu-hebi-denim-jeans.html

in a 32" waist for $120 + shipping (brand new), then PM me.

Ugh, I finally gave in and bought my first pair of raw denim, the No 2. Heritage Vintage Cut, size 32 for $118 shipped. I found out that these ones are made in Macau, but I hope at least the fabric is still manufactured in Japan. (Can anyone vouch?)

I was in Americaya and Hinoya a month ago, sitting on the bowl about the Lot 2001 No. 2 Evisus I tried on. At the time, I really liked the color and the un-slubbiness about the fabric, but I kept thinking to myself that I could probably get this for a lot cheaper once I got back in the States. Luckily I didn't buy it since I now don't want jeans with the paint design on it. Even luckier that I found it a lot cheaper with this sale and hopefully the quality is still basically the same. But I can't remember if I thought they might have been too baggy or if the relaxed fit version was too tight.

In regard to relaxed fit, will the thighs end up stretching out and becoming perfect, or do they basically stay snug, considering shrinkage and stretching?

DJ Premium also has Nudies Regular Ralf Dry Selvage on sale, and I'm considering buying a second pair so I can switch on and off the two pairs of jeans during the break-in period. What do you think about the quality?

It seems as though lots of people now don't like Evisu quality and look elsewhere. But I figured that at $120 I couldn't get a pair of jeans with better quality. And maybe at $170 the Nudies are a steal too?

Well, I get the impression that reading on these boards that Evisu wouldn't be put in the same category as names like Somet, Studio D'Artisan, Pure Blue Japan, Dubbleworks, Warehouse, etc.

And I can understand, since Evisu has Chinese lines, American, and European lines that don't match up to their Japanese lines which shows dilution of quality.

But these jeans were just $120.

Well, I get the impression that reading on these boards that Evisu wouldn't be put in the same category as names like Somet, Studio D'Artisan, Pure Blue Japan, Dubbleworks, Warehouse, etc.

I believe it has more so to do with the brands popularity (although this hads declined somewhat)l, ack of diverse cuts, though they seem to be changing this, and somewhat gaudy nature, as opposseed to crap quality. For instance, Evisu is one of the few brands (from my understanding) to actually reinforce its pocket lining. This goes for their other lines as well.
And I can understand, since Evisu has Chinese lines, American, and European lines that don't match up to their Japanese lines which shows dilution of quality.
I've heard complaints about the Evisu Europe line, but haven't heard anything in regards to the other branches. Here's an overview of their heritage line.

http://www.evisu.com/blog/2007/06/22/heritage-jeans/

Can anyone tell me which is the slimmer fit of the two? (Can anyone compare these to the APC NS cut as well?)

http://shop.evisu.com/collections/mens/products/mens-plain-vintage-cut-jeans

http://shop.evisu.com/collections/mens/products/mens-heritage-jeans

And if I'm a true 32 waist, what size should I be getting?

Inseam on these?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks to all replies

Second pair are slimmer, inseam should be 34 and evisus run 1 larger in waist.

You think it's too excessive? Some folks would say you can't have too much denim. You might see something else though.

I was looking at both of these as well.

Does anyone know where I can find the measurements?

I've tried here:

http://shop.evisu.jp/shopbrand/004/X/page1/order/

but I don't see this jean.

I'm concerned that the thigh won't fit me. If I get an Evisu pair of jeans I want a looser fit since I already have a slim jean.

I emailed the shop but they haven't responded.

Luckily I didn't buy it since I now don't want jeans with the paint design on it. Even luckier that I found it a lot cheaper with this sale and hopefully the quality is still basically the same.

You can non painted pockets...and if anywhere, it'd be Japan.

The ones selling on DrJays or DjPremium aren't the same as the No1 and No2's sold in Japan. While they both may say No1 or No2, it's not the same...

Ugh, I finally gave in and bought my first pair of raw denim, the No 2. Heritage Vintage Cut, size 32 for $118 shipped. I found out that these ones are made in Macau, but I hope at least the fabric is still manufactured in Japan. (Can anyone vouch?)

Hey man, can you give me the thigh measurement on this jean BIG style ?

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=41

I'm thinking of buying it too.

supercool jeans CTB! great cut and colour. Evisu back in the day really had it!

Hope you don't mind me jumping in, but 2001 fits like this:

number12001hp2eb7.jpg

Looser around the thighs and seat than the 2000, but fine for me as my thighs aren't slim!

And if you're talking about the eBay seller mentioned a page earlier, then he DOES accept silly offers, as I landed a Deluxe pair that I'm going to get checked out as soon as they arrive.

I've been thinking for quite a while. These types of evisu jeans, which have stitched gulls, do the gulls actually fade? or the color and brightness will be the same forever?

To be honest I don't know the answer to that question. All my other evisu's are painted or plain pocket.

I've been thinking for quite a while. These types of evisu jeans, which have stitched gulls, do the gulls actually fade? or the color and brightness will be the same forever?
Stay the same, unless of course you don't wash 'em for ages then the thread will get grubby and appear less vibrant.

Bottom line, if you want fades, go for painted.:cool:

Brummie, how long?

About 7 months between two wearers, restarched when I started wearing them to leave my 'mark'. Soaked a couple of times, and then washed at the weekend at 60, as they really needed it. Used Ecover Delicate for the wash as it's based on plant ingredients.

lol i'd like to have my name in katakana om my jeans too, if i ever get some no1's

did you do it yourself?

And nah, I got Hiroko at the Evisu store in London to do it for me, but it was my idea. Think on my next pair of No.1s I'll be sticking to gulls though, although not decided for sure.

Stay the same, unless of course you don't wash 'em for ages then the thread will get grubby and appear less vibrant.

Bottom line, if you want fades, go for painted.:cool:

id think that the stitched gulls would actually wear away as fast as paint... maybe faster. i know all the arcuates ive had on jeans were gone pretty quickly