Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Most jeans stretch about 1-2 inches after 30 days of wear.

My 0331s shrunk about an inch after soaking and then stretched back to tag size after a week or so. Lost about an inch on the leg though (despite them being sanforised), so although they look more 'fitted' I'm not going to get great stacking on them. Still happy with them, though.

My 0331s shrunk about an inch after soaking and then stretched back to tag size after a week or so. Lost about an inch on the leg though (despite them being sanforised), so although they look more 'fitted' I'm not going to get great stacking on them. Still happy with them, though.

Ok, i found my jeans quite weird. My 0331 is 7 months old, BUT, i seldom wear them. I babied them so badly till i realized it will turn out better if i wear them more often. So when the time i measured my jeans (after 6 months), the waist size was 34. and after i soaked them for the first time, it now becomes 32. So i really thought when i bought these size 32 jeans, the actualy waist size was 34, and size 32 is meant to be gotten after hot soaking. Thats what i assumed.

But now after reading all ur posts, it gave me the impression that these jeans' waist size was 32, but it has stretched because of the wears in these past 6 monts? and now it comes back to size 32 because of that hot soaking?

Apologize for my bad english

Although it affects length, soaking really does nothing for the waist on sanforized denim.

I disagree, i have all the measurements of my before and after soaking jeans. The hot soaking was indeed affecting my waist size, but not the inseam (which is the length).

I disagree, i have all the measurements of my before and after soaking jeans. The hot soaking was indeed affecting my waist size, but not the inseam (which is the length).

Interesting, since the inseam is supposed to shrink when jeans are soaked. I'm not sure why your's did not.

My height is 178cm, weight 66kg and waist size 32', and all the pairs i bought is 32' waist size (yes i am totally aware im really skinny). Here is the thing. Since this is abit too baggy (but i like it, its extremely comfy for me), im really affraid my current pair i just bought (the one Tekrah recommended) will be way too baggy for me. Im not really worried about my no.1 since it is unsanforized. So Tekrah, you can solve my problem maybe? And some questions for u guys. I like to wear a baggy pair, so is that possible to actually get nice creases, fade, and honey combs? Because what i see mostly from all the pics in this forum are all fit jeans, as in really fit.

Yeah I wear my jean's loose/baggy and it takes forever for me to get any signs of wear on them. My next pair I'm going to size down a good amount to really get some great fades I hope.

By the way here's a pic of my jeans after the soak fit pic's will follow. By the way I kinda borrowed chicken's idea from the DD+1.

img2007pg4.jpg

ILHE1S that denim is rather tasty looking !

I'm a purveyor of the looser fit, especially being larger than your average guy and I love the way the fades and creases look on pictures of the tight denim but totally loath how they look when worn - most look like like a 14 year old girl is wearing them, but that's their look and I just can't get down with it.

The downside for the looser fit as you point out is that there is less definition to the whiskering etc but the fades can still look great.

Your style is yours and there is no right or wrong, just wear them and live it up !

Do you mean when they were new, or just a few days ago?

I love the way the fades and creases look on pictures of the tight denim but totally loath how they look when worn - most look like like a 14 year old girl is wearing them, but that's their look and I just can't get down with it.

lawl

I feel the same

Right then, here's something a little different.

2661162559_934a06f673.jpg

2661990916_42d8f09531.jpg

This particular denim intrigued me, I bought it about a year ago and got 2 pairs.

The colour is much less dark than the regular indigo that we see on 99% of denims here.

2662000230_2c2f86a50a.jpg

They are also pretty loose, probably my loosest and I'll give them a good soak to get some of the starch out and promote a bit of shrinkage.

They are in the Heritage line and have a badge from the Kuroki mills of which I have no knowledge of so anyone out there that can provide some info on this particular denim, your info would be gratiously received. They also feature a reference or code number which might help identify them?

2661168973_85b5fcf01b.jpg

2662009996_b40aa6c5c8.jpg

The weight is pretty heavy not entirely sure of the weight 14oz perhaps, again if someone knows, please speak up.

Interesting features beside the colour is that it appears to be made from two types of selvage, the inseam has a broken red line:

2662013366_a1ae817fdb.jpg

The selvage in the coin pocket however has a gold and red broken line, interesting.

2662016152_81a6be278b.jpg

Also the button fly has a selection of buttons which I rather like, unnecessary perhaps but I like the look of them.

2662003710_8468bfe09e.jpg2662006548_8e566b2639.jpg

A great pair of jeans with what feels like a pretty heavy gauge denim that will be great after a nice soak to help size down a little, I wonder how they'll wear and fade ?

I guess only time will tell but they are not high up on my list so may take a while to show the results here, however if any of you have a pair that are good'n'worn or can post up linked picture please do.

So there you go, a little something different from the norm that I thought I'd share. Be good to hear what you think good or bad. :)

Nice jeans Tek, I was looking at a similair pair a while back with the same denim but never pulled the trigger. It's nice to know that even though evisu seems to be a fairly large company now, they still use artisan denims from japan. I for one am definitely hyped that prices on ebay are so damn cheap! I just picked up a pair of the evisu deluxe 21 oz jeans that Ive been eying for a few months now. I'll post some pics when they get here.

By the way here's a pic of my jeans after the soak fit pic's will follow. By the way I kinda borrowed chicken's idea from the DD+1.

img2007pg4.jpg

Actually i do have pictures similar like urs :D. Yes, the idea of chicken was indeed spectatular. I'm sorry Chicken. But we know you are the best :)

They are in the Heritage line and have a badge from the Kuroki mills of which I have no knowledge of so anyone out there that can provide some info on this particular denim, your info would be gratiously received. They also feature a reference or code number which might help identify them?

2661168973_85b5fcf01b.jpg

2662009996_b40aa6c5c8.jpg

Also the button fly has a selection of buttons which I rather like, unnecessary perhaps but I like the look of them.

2662003710_8468bfe09e.jpg2662006548_8e566b2639.jpg

A great pair of jeans with what feels like a pretty heavy gauge denim that will be great after a nice soak to help size down a little, I wonder how they'll wear and fade ?

I guess only time will tell but they are not high up on my list so may take a while to show the results here, however if any of you have a pair that are good'n'worn or can post up linked picture please do.

So there you go, a little something different from the norm that I thought I'd share. Be good to hear what you think good or bad. :)

By far the button's in my opinion are the best feature. Great detailing! They are all of the button's Evisu uses on the fly for all the different styles they have ex. Deluxe, No.1, No. 2 and Heritage.

Also to my knowledge the Vin # as it is refered to identifies the season and the mill that the jean is from. All my heritage jeans have Vin #'s and VM is what all my pair's made in china have besides one that has BFSTK. My pair's that are made in Macau the Vin #'s all start with U. I know I over answered the question, but that's what i know!;)

Actually i do have pictures similar like urs :D. Yes, the idea of chicken was indeed spectatular. I'm sorry Chicken. But we know you are the best :)

i won't even pretend i started the standing jeans. the first time i saw it was a pair of samurai zeros.

but i never get tired of it. nice doh-luck. :cool:

i know i should've searched like a good boy, but what mill does the #1 denim come from? no flack is appreciated. just answer the question. ive learned so much in the last few pages.

i won't even pretend i started the standing jeans. the first time i saw it was a pair of samurai zeros.

but i never get tired of it. nice doh-luck. :cool:

Thanks Chicken and the standing jeans idea is a great one! I was trying to think of another fancy way to take pic's of my jeans but nothing intriguing has come to mind yet.:confused:

Thanks Chicken and the standing jeans idea is a great one! I was trying to think of another fancy way to take pic's of my jeans but nothing intriguing has come to mind yet.:confused:

Skydiving - get the person who jumps out before you to turn in mid-air and get some pictures of wind-stressed crotch fade at 10,000 feet (no homo).

Tek & Crash,

How did the Deluxe's end up fitting. I know Tek said they were tight and crash said loose post soak, but how about after. Crash you said they shrunk slightly and still haven't (unless I missed it) heard from Tek on whether he soaked them yet or not.

Thanks!

Tek & Crash,

How did the Deluxe's end up fitting. I know Tek said they were tight and crash said loose post soak, but how about after. Crash you said they shrunk slightly and still haven't (unless I missed it) heard from Tek on whether he soaked them yet or not.

Thanks!

ILHE1S - I haven't thought about soaking them yet but will post the results here as and when, I'm a little reluctant as I don't want to shrink down the waist and not be able to button them - plus I have not yet decided which pair to wear after the Daicocks in a couple of moths time.