Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Man, I really enjoy wearing my #2001 No.1 during the last week. Maybe I'll have something to show once in a while :)

Look forward to seeing them, will be good to see some more 2001s on here!

Been sorting through a shitload of clothes for eBay selling purposes, and came across my back-up stash of Evisu. Posted these before on here ages ago, thought I'd share again:

Yamane Deluxe (Evis) mizuhiki jeans, rare as dragon's shit and a classic early, non-repro model:

scaled.php?server=710&filename=dscf3196r.jpg&res=medium

Replacement red tab for the original, which was cut off when they were imported here years and years ago:

scaled.php?server=850&filename=dscf3199p.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=37&filename=dscf3209b.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=14&filename=dscf3210du.jpg&res=medium

Lot 2004 in No.2 denim with the 'small e' tab. The denim is superb, soft and with a lovely hue to it:

scaled.php?server=30&filename=dscf3178y.jpg&res=medium

The gulls were repainted by Hiroko, who used to work at Evisu's Savile Row HQ, and is now happily settled in Italy:

scaled.php?server=24&filename=dscf3181m.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=600&filename=dscf3180a.jpg&res=medium

And something that I kept as a curiosity, Lot 1930 (made for the Japanese market but in what looks like D85 denim and put together, I believe, in China). They don't come close to the first two in terms of quality (maybe actually fakes?). They have a classic 'Japanese' gull shape stitched on the pockets:

scaled.php?server=508&filename=dscf3211e.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=151&filename=dscf3217f.jpg&res=medium

Looking to get my 2000 no1 hemmed, they're 31.5 right now, would like to remove something like 1''.

I've hot soaked/washed twice but I'd like to know if the inseam will shrink significantly everytime I wash them? At 30.5'' they'd be at the perfect lenght for me, I'm 5'8, but I want to be sure they won't really shrink more than .5.

Any thoughts?

Interesting mix there CTB... Ive seen the ribbon back pockets before but not in those colours and I think they were Evisu Lot 2001. It was from a 2002 Evisu magazine off memory. That pair looks sweet.

I keep getting my 2101's caught on protruding objects at work at the knee and got a few little holes in them now. Also the crotch is blowing out so might have to think about repairs soon.

Just surfing around as you do and came across these,

Anyone got any information on these?

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r64363859

These also looked interesting.

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k143238695

Quite honestly Yahoo.jp is like a treasure chest isnt it!

latest pic of them in Leeuwarden (Netherlands)

Nice fit, b_F :)

I need to get myself over to the Netherlands at some point, although I think Italy and Ireland (again) will be happening first...and maybe a cheeky little weekend in Barcelona, my second favourite city in Europe...

Interesting mix there CTB... Ive seen the ribbon back pockets before but not in those colours and I think they were Evisu Lot 2001. It was from a 2002 Evisu magazine off memory. That pair looks sweet.

Yeah, the 2001 version with red and white gulls has shown up on eBay a few times over the years. This model is Lot 00 and one of the earlier models released when Evis was without 'U'...you can find a lovely, severely hemmed version here:

http://evis.kwan-pjt.com/evis_yamanedx.html

The fit of the jeans is slim but not skinny, quite a good one actually. I've been kidding myself for years that I'll be able to get into them, one day :D

Just surfing around as you do and came across these,

Anyone got any information on these?

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r64363859

These also looked interesting.

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k143238695

Quite honestly Yahoo.jp is like a treasure chest isnt it!

First year are some kind of ten year anniversary pair, there's a pic of them on the same website I linked above for the Lot 00 but the main link to the big gallery seems to be down. I'm sure there's a way around it, just can't remember it right now...not a fan of the big yellow tab, though.

The second pair were available via Evisu jp only fairly recently. Standard No.1 denim can be stifling enough even in an English summer where temperatures struggle to reach 30 - fuck knows why anyone would want to subject their bollocks to 20oz denim unless they spend half their time either in an igloo or on a motorbike...

Looking to get my 2000 no1 hemmed, they're 31.5 right now, would like to remove something like 1''.

I've hot soaked/washed twice but I'd like to know if the inseam will shrink significantly everytime I wash them? At 30.5'' they'd be at the perfect lenght for me, I'm 5'8, but I want to be sure they won't really shrink more than .5.

Any thoughts?

Anyone can help me? You think I should bother getting them hemmed or not?

They fit ok right now but I've never worn them except try ons, do you think they'll settle down nicely on their own after a couple of weeks?

the new fabric is supposed to shrink more than the black selvage fabric.

It depends on the fit you are after. I went TTS but I wouldn't recommend it. One size up sounds good, maybe 2 sizes for the red selvage fabric.

But at the moment, Evisu has only little stock of the No.1 denim

can anyone give me advice how's the sizing for lot 2000 no.1, coz i heard they say need to size up 1 or 2.

and can anyone tell me the difference between old fabric (black selvedge) and new one (red selvedge).thx a lot

As one who recently experienced the red selvage no.1 denim from Evisu, I can recommend 1 up for a tighter fit, 2 up for a regular fit. It will shrink fully 2" from my experience, but if you stretch it out while wet you can get away with a 1 up. I personally got 2 up, and it fit perfectly in the waist. However, the inseam shrank just under 3", and became too short for me. For information's sake, I washed once in warm water.

Otherwise, the indigo has a nice greenish tint to it, and is probably green cast. Once washed it becomes moderately hairy as well, slightly more hairy than the dark grey and silver line selvage I have experienced previously. It also shrinks more than the older fabrics I'm used to. From touching it, it already seems very soft, even though it's practically unworn since the wash; which is not how I remember the previous denim.

I hope this information was useful to you.

Cheers!

2 up is the way to go, i got 1 up of my previous pair of 2000 No.1(silver selvedge), now they are too tight, can't wear them anymore....

I went with 35 on the silver line selvage ones, and my balls are not thanking me. That is why I went with 2 up on the red line selvage, and the waist was just snug enough; too bad they became too short.

@ surrealizm

thx for such an useful info man, appreciate it.

anyway are u suggesting that the new fabric is better than the old one?

coz sb is selling the old fabric and im wondering either to get the new one or the old one...=)

From a typical "collectors" perspective, I'd get both. It's hard to choose either the one or the other for me. The red line selvage seems very promising, and I wish they didn't shrink up short, otherwise I'd be wearing 'em currently.

If you think about it likes this, the red line selvage is new and uncharted territory when it comes to documentation of evo and such, so you might want to snag that one if this aspect motivates you.