Evisu is still loved!

benzak

I went with 35 on the silver line selvage ones, and my balls are not thanking me. That is why I went with 2 up on the red line selvage, and the waist was just snug enough; too bad they became too short.

I just got my No.1 1506 jacket(Red selvedge), haven't soak them yet, everything are just about right, but since you said the red selvedge version shrunk more than usual.....i'm thinking the sleeves might be a bit tight though.....

Nice denim blog BTW.:cool:

@b_f & yin

i think i will go for 2 up for safety pre-cautions..=) thx alot

Go for it, Evisu No.1 is the shit.:cool:

I just got my No.1 1506 jacket(Red selvedge), haven't soak them yet, everything are just about right, but since you said the red selvedge version shrunk more than usual.....i'm thinking the sleeves might be a bit tight though.....

Nice denim blog BTW.:cool:

Go for it, Evisu No.1 is the shit.:cool:

Thanks for taking a peek.

The inseam of the red line no.1s shrank 8% along grain from 35.5" to about 32.5", so I can't see the sleeve shrinking extensively. As the inseam has less restraint from other pattern pieces, such as in your case the sleeves, the shrinkage rate is fully 8%. I don't know how long your sleeves are, but it should shrink between 1-1.5".

Cross grain this denim seems to shrink like normal, so hopefully it won't be too tight. I'd rather be worried it became too short.

I hope this logic turns out for your benefit.

Awesome gulls b_F. From my experience the white paint ones crack easier. I have a hand painted purple one, and it's been holding on long without cracking/fading

Nice, sharp detail shots. I like.

thx

I always thought if I should have ironed the gulls when new. for some acrylic textile paint it is necessary to fix it to the garment by ironing it...

and I like how you can see that one gull is deeper than the other (visible on the lining stitching)

I know that whenever I've had gulls painted, I've been told that it's best to iron the gulls when I get home, to 'seal' it. You can also choose (at least in London) to have the gulls painted 'heavily' or 'lightly', depending on how you want them to wear.

Good choice of denim, Mr HaGa!

Just an update on my 2101's, they are fresh out the wash and are at about 6 months. Theres a couple of small holes at one of the knee's and black toner/ink embedded in the thigh's unfortunately from work. I guess it will add to their character later on.

DSC_0828.jpg

DSC_0827.jpg

DSC_0829.jpg

DSC_0831.jpg

DSC_0833.jpg

DSC_0834.jpg

Are the natural special's getting much attention at the moment?

There was a pair of Labor Q501's that came up recently on yahoo that I had to force myself not to hit up suto and get them to place a bid. Good condition but had to draw the line lol.

anyone here with a 2000 no.2?

just curiouss to see some fit pics, is it safe to size down 2 on those?

I used to have a pair but can't find the fit pics :(

Paulo has a beautifully broken in pair, he's had them going for longer than (I think) any other Evisu posted in this thread, including mine.

You should be ok to size down 2, if that's the fit you're looking for.

Are the natural special's getting much attention at the moment?

There was a pair of Labor Q501's that came up recently on yahoo that I had to force myself not to hit up suto and get them to place a bid. Good condition but had to draw the line lol.

They're getting occasional wear, nothing to really show at the moment...and I'd have been sorely tempted to jump on the Labor jeans, if I was actually ever likely to need any more denim in my life :)

hej Ale, how about the No.1s, Surrealizm is selling?

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=2819187#post2819187

thanks I've seen those already but I would rather go for a 35 in the no.1s

and I love handpainted gulls

and they're too long for me

I'm curious to see some fits of the no.2s now but this thread is so huge.

thanks Devilva they look slim enough for TTS, is the waist comfortable there?

well the pair from Surrealizm is from the newer redline selvage which shrinks more than the older fabric on my pair. my pair is size 35 and has nearly the same dimensions as his 36 (I can give you the measurements of my pair if you like) and about the length...hem hem hem ;)

I don't think you would regret getting the No.1s