Evisu is still loved!

benzak

hey can someone help me do an authenticity check on these?

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/clo/2672892526.html thx in advance

They have a red tab, the colour of the leather patch, and the patch inside the waistband. Eventhough the pictures are gritty as hell, they look authentic construction-wise. I vote for "authentic".

hi there evisu heads, got a query please. found some evisu plain pocket in the maxx for 40 quid so copped. now i don't know much about evisu so had a look on the net and they are confusing me.

the patch says lot: 0001 and No. 3, the have a cinch back, they are raw have pink selvedge, the paper tag says:

'style name: classic shrink-to-fit jeans

style number: ESS10HMJE09

mens shrink-to-fit jeans

fit: 0001STF

size: 32

fabric: D252G

color: PLA'

now they look huge for a 32 but i thought STF No. 3 was red/white selvedge?

what have i got here, maybe a sample? i will try to up some pics...

cheers! Andrew

hang_on_voltaire, it would really help if you posted some pics.

Shameless plug: two Evisu Deluxe jeans from my collection are now up for sale here! Get back to me if you're interested.

I'd say the No.2's stretch back to presoak/wash waist, if not beyond that.

^This seems to be the general consensus on No.2 denim. I only have firsthand experience with No.1 denims, and they tend to stretch a little as well; however, as Warakia says, you can expect the No.2 to stretch quite a bit with continuous wear.

Just got a pair of Evisu's I still had back at home delivered to me here in China, feels so nice to wear a new pair again.

They're 0005 No. 2's, but the denim is d251. Very stiff at the moment and with pink selvage. I had this same pair in a size bigger before which I wore for about three months until they became too big for me (the downside to losing weight..) but they were fading really nicely which is why I'm stoked to wear these in. Have another pair of 0005 No.2's made from a different denim, very heavy greencast, which I've been wearing since early september which are fading interestingly as well, will try to get some comparison pictures with those and my 2005's up when the weather gets better here.

The international Evisu has definitely had some interesting denims produced.

The international Evisu has definitely had some interesting denims produced.

They've sure had a different approach to denim "innovation" than the MiJ Evisu, which can be both a positive and negative thing, depending on your own point of view.

Some of the more interesting international denims have been in the Evisu Deluxe line, such as hand-dyed natural indigo denim, vegetable indigo dyed denim, and some other curiosities. These were also pretty small scale productions.

By the way, did anyone ever get a pair of the MiJ linen/cotton denim "slacks" from a few years back? I was always curious to how they'd evolve, but never got them myself. Definitely a comfortable choice for summer though.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the clueless post, but I know nothing about Evisu and the search function doesn't seem to be working properly.

Found a pair of Evisu, Gull's are dark blue and patch reads No3STR, lot 2008. Any info on these would be great. Selvedge line is white and red.

Edited by Reggie Died

Sorry for the clueless post, but I know nothing about Evisu and the search function doesn't seem to be working properly.

Found a pair of Evisu, Gull's are dark blue and patch reads No3STR, lot 2008. Any info on these would be great. Selvedge line is white and red.

Without seeing them, I believe they are Evisu International, and not MiJ. As far as I'm aware, the Japanese No.3 are made with open-ended denim.

Evisu International is a liscensee of the Evisu brand. Different products, same brand. Evisu International lives (or lived) off Evisu MiJ's fame, and is more about branding strategy and marketing than the "labor of love" that made the MiJ stuff what it is. Most of the Evisu International stuff is made in China.

On the other hand, it needs to be known that also the Japanese Evisu does certain stuff in China, such as tees, polos, and other accessories.

Thanks for the info. I also just noticed they are made with 2% spandex so I'm thinking that the "no 3 STR" stands for stretch and not straight? As I said, they were an impulse buy @ Winners (Canadian version of, say, Century 21), for $40 bucks, so at the very least they will wet my appetite for new denim until self edge re-ups on the pair of Iron Hearts I've been eyeing.

I'm going through the honeymoon phase of my PBJ-009's, and I always like having a fresh pair of jeans that are super dark so I can wear them semi-formally.

Evisu International is a liscensee of the Evisu brand. Different products, same brand. Evisu International lives (or lived) off Evisu MiJ's fame, and is more about branding strategy and marketing than the "labor of love" that made the MiJ stuff what it is. Most of the Evisu International stuff is made in china

On the other hand, it needs to be known that also the Japanese Evisu does certain stuff in China, such as tees, polos, and other accessories.

Out of the Chinese-made stuff that's for the Japanese market, the tees (at least) are pretty high quality - I've handled a few and own one and it's a decent garment. The Evisu International tees used to be good quality, too, although the ones from recent years have felt a lot more flimsy than the earlier ones. The earlier tees (and other stuff) can often be found on UK eBay for very reasonable prices.

Worth noting, too, that for a long time the MiJ line went very stale, and only seemed to be making the standard cuts (2000, 2001, 2004) available via their website although there's plenty of anecdotal evidence of non-standard stuff to be found in individual shops in Japan - coleslawyum's Lot 2006, for example.

And whilst the International line went off on a very noticeable poorly-designed tangent a few years ago, they were still producing some good models hidden amongst the shower of shite that could be seen left, right and centre. The green-caste denim models and LHT 13 jeans, for example.

The Evisu International denim is (or certainly has been) made in Japan (Kaihara being one of the sources), with the jeans themselves assembled in China.

Damn CBR, never knew Evisu had that many stores in China. Gonna pop down to the one here in Hangzhou later this week :D .

Yeah, the place is full of them :)

They even do a 'beijing', 'shanghai', and 'xianggang' back pocket design, along with the more common 'osaka' kanji. I might be tempted if they ever do a 'tianjin' design, in a decent cut of course...

^Great jeans, some of the best I've seen.

In other news:

bp%20opening%20flyer%202.jpg

Looks like this is the sole remaining Evisu International shop in the West, all the others seem to be in East Asia, especially China...

So, Evisu Int. is no longer at Selfridges either?

Shameless plug: got two pairs of Evisu for sale, and I've reduced the prices today; link is in my sig. PM if you're interested.