Evisu is still loved!

benzak

I had the brown box pair but they were a size to big so ended up giving them to my cousin. I was really impressed with colour, so much different to the red cast denim and would loved to have seen their fading process but already have waaaay to much denim as is :D Whats your take on the lot 2008? I really prefer the vintage cuts... have no idea what its based on.

no real knowledge of the 2008 mate, but i'm pretty sure that it's not a 'repro' cut, per se.

i'm thinking of chucking a deadstock pair of brown box (tagged 29) up for auction soon, drop me a line if you're interested. i'd be keeping them for myself (they're the only raw pair of denim i own) but i'm starting to think i'd need to shear off part of my hip bones for them to ever fit :D

nah, not through with evisu...the only denim i wear is either evis(u) or lee japan and all my pairs have years left in them, so there's little point in buying new jeans when the ones you own get better and better with time :)

i reserve the right to retract that statement if summat deadstock and amazing turns up, though...

zoot suits are just for sundays, but i'd rather you kept schtum about that.

Bah.. I gave away my size 29's... wanting size 28. Seems those Brown boxes run really big.

Will have to think about the 2008's, love that green cast though. At least they are bringing out stuff that's interesting and got us talking. Its been quite boring for awhile!

Wondering if anyone has any ideas on these "bondage" pants. Pretty sure they are from the '90 s.

IMAG0770.jpg

IMAG0771.jpg

IMAG0776.jpg

IMAG0768.jpg

IMAG0765.jpg

I will be putting them on eBay soon as gulls aren't my thing. Anyone interested please p.m. me with an offer.

I tried on the 2008 cut the other day and I really liked it. I have quite large/muscular thighs and these were the best fitting jeans I've tried on recently. One of the few pairs that I've tried that would fit in the legs, but not be loose at the waist. I hadn't been to Evisu in a long time, was disapponted that they don't have the plain pocket jeans anymore. The only things holding me back are the price, and the gulls. I'm not a huge fan of the branding. How long does it take for the back gulls to fade away?

long time watching this thread, not much for posting but enjoy the talk. have a few evisu deluxe on ebay size 34. no reasonable offer refused. shipping worldwide. may be listing some other evisu items as well in the next few days

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ghost_deini/m.html?hash=item43adde5a53&item=290679839315&pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&_trksid=p4340.l2562

Yeah I wouldnt mind some info on the 2008's aswell. Theres a brief description about them being similar to the 0005 cut but I think they said with a slimmer leg. Still considering those green cast's but I prefer a fuller cut so maybe size up 1... Noone has busted out a pair of 2008's yet..

• 2 weeks later...

New to the forum though id post my first pair of raw denim, which i still love today

Evisu No.3 2011

Worn about 6 months of total wear and first pic after first soak, owned them longer

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

Edited by darkstar2q9

seriously doubting anyone is following US Evisu anymore as it's been evolving into a complete trainwreck over the last few years, but if so...look away now.

Just met their sales rep, and I'm pretty sure owner of the newly reissued Evisu US license and ran through the first collection since they withdrew from US distribution, and shit is even more wack than before. Way more. It's turning back towards the super hood/urban concept, but not as extreme, and I think I know why. Sales rep was about 50 and from Vegas, was wearing an argyle sweater vest and some white Stacy Adams squaretoes. Pulled everything out of some generic luggage, all on wire hangers. Lots of bright primary colors and all shit materials. He actually handed me a flannel and said "that's real nice right there, feel that? That's all cotton. No polyester at all, just all cotton." Like...what the fuck? Would I expect a polyester flannel from Evisu? Also called selvedge "savage". Anyways, lots of really poorly embroidered dragons, huge screenprint logos, and a really cheap logo patch sewn on everything. Lots of basic colors in all styles, and quite a few pique polos also, which seemed odd...till I realized where the line is headed. About 90% sure it's about to drop in Macy's, or something similar, def not higher end tho. Looks positioned for the dumber part of the middle market, right next to an Affliction or a Sean John. The rep seemed way more fit for that market than mine, and the pricing fell in line with the mid-market department store, hugely padded margins and all. I'm guessing by this Fall it'll start popping up in Macy's (or the like), which only gives is time before it lands in JC Penny's. I'll try to post some pics if I can get ahold of a few, but I'll have a catalog in the next day or so if anyone has questions on the line or what's gonna be available in the States. ..................and yes, before anyone asks if it was just a knockoff line or some du bootlegging shit and selling it door to door, it was at a reputable tradeshow and is for real. Sorry for the bummer news.

Isn't international and EU edition the same company? Anyway no relation to MIJ so no worries. Sounds terrible btw. But anyone who's been in an Evisu shop lately knows that they can't really ruin it anymore so I guess it's whatever.

I have no idea about any of the labels, even what the old paris and italian lines fell under.

Most of us really only care about the MiJ classic's anyway but I dont mind some of those heritage models that Evisu International have released like the lazy s and brown box jeans. They really need to do more of that, even those green cast lot 2008's are somewhat interesting. Still undecided wether to fork out money for a pair. But the problem is you have to sift through the rubbish to find the gems and its that rubbish that seems to be dragging the name down.

Edited by devilva

^still pretty classy in japan....i wouldn't mind buying any of the MIJ line etc

Yeah I was a bit unclear on that but I mean the international shops, loads of them here in China. Anyway you have to admit that even the MIJ shops are a mix between lovely classics bits and pieces and terrible cloud camo overalls and the camo patters with gulls in them and whatnot..