Evisu is still loved!

benzak

when did Take5 stop selling evisu ? i emailed them last week about picking a pair up when i go to Hong Kong next month but they said they no longer stock them ( i know they never had them on the web store but i just thought it was for legal reasons ) . I wonder if the evisu store would stock 2000 no2's?
I dunno but they used to stock it. Maybe they have stopped. However the Evisu store in Hong Kong deff did not have any japanese stock what so ever. BTW Hidehiko Yamane did not close down totally from Hong Kong. Turns out they kept the shop near take5 and also opened up another one somewhere else. They have a facebook group so check it out there.

The staff from Take5 told me when I signed up for VIP that they still carry a small amount of Evisus, which was like 10 months ago. The staff seemed quite reluctant to inform people about their Evisu inventory for whatever reasons so may be one would have to go to the store to check them out in person.

^^ CTB, cool pics, trainers looks crisp!

aloevera, I own something similar:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1905571&postcount=4762

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1904714&postcount=4757

I'm guessing the the denim fabric is japanese, but put together in macau.

My 3 items from the deluxe line appear to be sanforized, and I believe they all are (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

i decided that i didn't want to leave my evisus with double-cuffs so i gave them another hot wash/hot dry and they only shrunk 1/4" in length so i decided to gamble on that being the end of the shrinkage and dropped them off at self edge to get them hemmed. told them to leave about an inch extra for a half-cuff or stack, just in case these shrink more somehow.

i know that i'm gambling here, but i figure i can always pull on the legs after washing to get back a little length if the shrinkage continues. don't plan on ever doing a hot wash or machine dry again, so i should be ok. i'll get them back by the end of the week and let's hope i don't regret my choice.

the patch has been doing very well, has taken 3 or 4 coats of obenhauf's LP, and seems to always want more. the color has not darkened but the hot washes have faded the text on the patch to the point where it's not legible at all anymore. i definitely suggest using obenhauf's on the patch, no matter what wash/dry method you may use.

It's the Ivan Lendl 'The Face' polo shirt mate (you can see the design on the tongue of the trainers, too), I sold one on eBay a few weeks ago. They pop up on there from time to time, a proper 80s classic :)

Thanks, are they really from 80's or they have a retro version? I just don't really want to buy used......

Those No.3s are looking sweet - devilva - that's your lodestone with the Evis Lot 2501 :)

Thanks, are they really from 80's or they have a retro version? I just don't really want to buy used......

Yeah, it's from the 80s...I don't think adidas ever reissued that design after Lendl stopped playing tennis. They turn up in unworn condition from time to time, you'll have to keep your eyes open. The design was used on polos, track tops, tank tops and the Lendl Champ 2 trainers in a variety of colours...I've got the track top, too...

^^ CTB, cool pics, trainers looks crisp!

aloevera, I own something similar:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1905571&postcount=4762

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1904714&postcount=4757

I'm guessing the the denim fabric is japanese, but put together in macau.

My 3 items from the deluxe line appear to be sanforized, and I believe they all are (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

Nice, thats pretty much the same thing that i've got. Do you have any updated pics of them faded?

Nice, thats pretty much the same thing that i've got. Do you have any updated pics of them faded?

Nah, only worn them a handful of times. They're a bit too tight especially when sitting down - I need to stop eating all the pies!

Besides I'm mainly wearing No.1 and the No.3 (d85)

some pic's of a friend's 1506 type 1 jacket he has sitting in his stockroom , its been there for years and he had forgot all about them ( we found another jacket with yellow paint so i took it , i think i posted it a while back ) we also found a pair of deadstock 2101's but he wouldnt sell them even though i offered him a real good price .

stuff003.jpg

stuff005.jpg

stuff004.jpg

Yeah, I just randomly had a look to see what was being listed and saw these up and got a shock about the price so tried to buy them. Got so close but no cigar. Was listed as a buy it now price but by the time I contacted the proxy and got the deposit in they had been snatched up. Im not sure if they are sanforized or not.

I mean, and you know, none of us really need any more jeans lol. I just thought it was too good to go past it. I was telling the boys at work this morning how I missed out on this once in a lifetime deal ahah and they kept telling me to shut it. They dont care but at least you know where im coming from. :D That 17oz brand new condition.....

Im not sure what it is about the Evis models but I definately have whatever bug is going round. I think its the fact that it just doesnt exist anymore and hasnt for around 20years. The original Evisu's, whats not to love about them.

Yeah...they're (arguably) the original repros, they weren't joking too hard when they said 'Before anyone did anything, Evisu did everything'...

Most people on here (SuFu) don't know and/or don't care about their heritage (pun kinda intended, as it was by them)...but they were, in some ways, the ones who blazed a trail for all the other repro brands that get all the kudos on here, and I'm not sure if LVC and Lee Originals would be loved now if they'd not seen what Evis(u) did for denim...

It's a bit like my love for OG adidas - every so often, you'll meet someone who knows, and that's kinda nice...

yeah crash, i refuse to wear adidas without the trefoil. i've been like that for years. i grabbed these the other day,

72882818.jpg

but today i'm rocking the 72 cortez nikes, black and white. when i copped the aditennis above, i actually thought of you. damn we are alike...

that #3 denim fades damn nice

Yeah, it's all about the trefoil for me mainly, although I like (and wear) some of Nike's classic designs when a change is needed...a lot of the OG adidas models I chase these days are ones that I used to wear as a teenager, and the irony ain't lost on me...

Wearing boots with jeans feels alien to me, as it's going against the habit of a lifetime :)