Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Nice stuff, Ed.

I'm thinking I'll sell some of my gear to make room for my Sugarcanes and new Mister Freedom gear.. Keep your eyes on Supermarket if you are a reasonably large denim addict!

desu

ethandesu, do I really need to ask for more anecdotes of your Evisu past? You got me fiending for 2000 #1's....The day I buy a pair, however, will be the day I sign off from any further purchases for a few years...Also, how did you land the job at Evisu? I never even considered working in Japan at one of the retail type shops...I'm guessing you are quite fluent in nihongo as well?

Ethan, for real, post at will your stories, pics and or insights into the history of your time at evisu. This is virtually the written archive (that i know of) of a brands history (evis and others of the like) in the english form. we have some great first hand documentation of the recent years models but not much first hand from the vintage and late vintage era. It just seems like such an exciting place to be a part of.

ethandesu, do I really need to ask for more anecdotes of your Evisu past? You got me fiending for 2000 #1's....The day I buy a pair, however, will be the day I sign off from any further purchases for a few years...Also, how did you land the job at Evisu? I never even considered working in Japan at one of the retail type shops...I'm guessing you are quite fluent in nihongo as well?
this is what makes modern evisu fail

sc42001-yoyaku-1.jpg

it's not so bad. Just be glad that Tommy Hillfiger calbo never got the green light! Hahaha

Thanks! Yea, the place is stunning! And a cash magnet! Jeans, jackets, workshirts, and accessories.... I thought I controlled myself well, all things considered!

Upstairs is where they hand paint the arcs, but when we were there, the fellowing painting didn't want photos taken :(

So did you not get anything at all?

And the handpainting is a pretty tedious process, believe you me :)

Heh heh, I'm not made of stone! ;) Got a pair of No.1's and had them paint white gulls, as well as a workshirt... But it took a lot of restraint not to go wild!

Whoa, awesome pics CTB! Must come back to rep! Why? Why? Why would you sell those beauties? :(

The rise on the jeans is a little too high for my liking mate; would be a different story if they were No.1 denim and shrinkable.

Plus, there's a massive market for Japanese denim in South-East Asia at the moment (sold some slightly worn 21oz Sammies yesterday for £190, and some No.2 2000s recently for a similar price) - much rather bank the money and then go on the hunt for some deadstock Evis, or some No.1 2001s...

If they don't sell for a decent price then I'll hold onto them, I've hardly underpriced them on eBay!

I've got two pairs of Evis on the go, and one in reserve anyway, so I'm hardly suffering ;)

devilva - I'm in the same boat, won't let me rep either at the moment...gonna have to come back later and drop some :)

Some more pics, also taken last May at the Evisu event that was part of Selfridges centennial celebrations:

Hiroko painting paulo's Yamane jeans:

dsc03402.jpg

Prepped jeans before painting:

dsc03374.jpg

'Sealing' the paint on the 2004s:

dsc03375d.jpg

The kanji for 'one hundred', painted in Selfridges yellow:

dsc03401.jpg

Paint chart, although it was possible to ask for more customised designs if you were 'known' ;):

dsc03367n.jpg

The Evisu bike:

dsc03404i.jpg

dsc03372y.jpg

dsc03384.jpg