Evisu is still loved!

benzak

They look great, seriously...you gotta be pretty made up with them, no?

Im really happy to finally have a pair after drooling over your pairs for so long. And im happy that they arent too worn in so im going to wear them pretty hard for a while and see what I can give them.

the sales girl gave us a complicated washing routine, most of which i was going to do anyway (wash them twice with no detergent, then hot dry to get all the shrinkage out) but i was interested in what some of the experienced guys did with their leather patch.

Good call on the plain pocket. The Lot No 1 I owned were the usual printed leather tag - not embossed in any way. Not fragile leather though, but wear showed right away.

I soaked, air dried, then applied mink oil to the tag from the usual shoe tin (Kiwi is fine). I do that after first soaks/washes with all of my jeans, then stop caring after that. It'll soak in like coconut oil on a Brazilian girl and all should be okay as long as you don't boil the tag like in the Dirty Dozen thread...

trust the kid, if you boil the jeans, the tag will shrink. i've done it to denimes, fullcount, and warehouse. they all shrunk like hell. funny how it looks a little off on a pair of new jeans, but when they get good wear, the shrunk tag looks cool. some japanese cats shrink the leather patch on purpose during the first soak, and some companies one-wash jawns have pre-shunk patches. oh well, to each his own.

devilva, if you turn the evis inside-out and give em a little steam ironing the creases will go away no problemo...and it won't hurt the precious deadstock denim. after a day or two your own creases will set in, and you'll forget all about it.

Im really happy to finally have a pair after drooling over your pairs for so long. And im happy that they arent too worn in so im going to wear them pretty hard for a while and see what I can give them.

And now the tables are turned with those jeans, eh? :)

Enjoy them mate, I'm looking forward to seeing how they come along over the next year or so...

They are nice..

A looooong time ago around 1994 I had a pair of over-dyed Diesel jeans which I grew out of and gave to my younger bro. Like kids do he wore them out to fuck, really nice fades n everything, wish I had pics of them. So yeah it just comes down to wearing them hard regardless..

picture of some worn number 3's, does selvedge really matter when you could produce that??? :)

no3.jpg

when did Take5 stop selling evisu ? i emailed them last week about picking a pair up when i go to Hong Kong next month but they said they no longer stock them ( i know they never had them on the web store but i just thought it was for legal reasons ) . I wonder if the evisu store would stock 2000 no2's?

I dunno but they used to stock it. Maybe they have stopped. However the Evisu store in Hong Kong deff did not have any japanese stock what so ever. BTW Hidehiko Yamane did not close down totally from Hong Kong. Turns out they kept the shop near take5 and also opened up another one somewhere else. They have a facebook group so check it out there.

One a side note some dude is snapping up all Evis and Evisu stuff from eBay. Hes Malaysian and has been buying up everything at premium prices. Just lost this jacket to him...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200470726108#ht_500wt_1182

fuckfuckfuckfuck

I might list some of my crap as well but fucking hell i was looking forward to the jacket!

Im still not sure on that dude man. Hes putting loads of hard cash down on stuff that have totally random sizes. He either has a shop or he has a factory and hes gonna make a shit load of fakes.

Hello everyone,

I hastily bought these back in Oct 09. I could not find any fit, or fade pics because I think these were just released in spring 09, so I want to give my input. I decided that I wanted an epic, unique pair of jeans that would be expensive, but probably worth it because it'd be my only pair of expensive jeans. I saw these and ordered them for about 330 USD shipped, and was extremely disappointed to have received an extra $28 customs fee a month later.

http://international.evisu.com/colle...e-needle-jeans

These jeans did not come in any fancy evisu box with silk lining, and they did not come extra stiff. They were actually pretty damn soft which was disappointing because the were supposed to be soaked in salt water and dried in the sun. I have been wearing these on and off (about 3-4 times a week) for the past 5 months. I will post some fit and fade pics in a couple days after my exams, but I have a few questions.

1) These jeans say made in Macau. So were they not actually made in Japan? Also, the inside tag says "tissu du japon" which is french for "made in Japan." (pics later)

2) What # denim is this, and isnt it supposed to shrink? Its the deluxe line, which should be No.1 unsanforized denim but when I soaked it in near boiling water for 5-6 hrs, they did not shrink much at all. I will show a pic of the selvedge line later.

3) Does anyone know the thickness of this denim? I emailed the EU Evisu and they said its about 12 or 13oz but it's definitely heavier than that.

Pros- Very nice, sturdy rivets and buttons. Jeans are very hard to fade, which will make for better contrast later on. Pocket linings are made of thick cotton, which wont tear/rip unlike my other Good society jeans. I like how the indigo is extremely dark- almost black, and definitely looks and feels like quality. Sailor button-pockets look nice, sets it apart from all the other jeans on the market. Very rugged, sturdy denim.

Cons- Jeans stretch quite a bit in the ass, while the waist does not. Because they are fairly high rised, the stretched ass makes my ass/hips look huge. A bit baggier than I expected, even with my huge legs, and the button-up pockets on high-rised jeans make it hard to put things in/take things out of pockets- especially while sitting down.

Does anyone else own a pair of these?