Evisu is still loved!

benzak

This was my first pair of evisu bought them from the oki ni webstie about three ago i belive its very light denim maybe 12oz really like the blue stiching all over, i didn't know much about denim only that evisu was good not sure how many times i washed them but wish i knew what i do now back then not sure what type of denim if anyone knows???

SelvedgeDSC04637.jpg

Front

DSC04634.jpg

Back

DSC04632.jpg

inside

DSC04636.jpg

See above screen capture from the evisu japan site.

What are the following colours:

saxophone - perhaps orange/copper?

wine ?

What do they mean by Cyber ?

Cheers.

ok so i dont speak japanese but from my years of searching and doing research i think saxaphone is baby blue, dont know why. ill assume wine is burgandy, and i think cyber is teh daicock, instead of the regular gull.

but besides that i sure would like this shirt.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/threelove/1014944/1016826/1016921/

i think its wrangler style but i could be wrong.

Picked up this cotton jacket on eBay this week for £2.99, arrived this morning:

dsc01372jp4.jpg

dsc01377vh8.jpg

It's Italian-made, and although the label picture above is poor, it says what appears to be 'Lot 10XZ'. This is the same as the old Italian Evisu below, which also have the same style of gulls and 'Cobra Original' stamped on the back of the rivets, and which have been authenticated:

dsc01358pe8.jpg

dsc01360cx3.jpg

Now I need to get it checked out, but the jacket's barely been worn and I don't think that the seller knew what he was selling. It's very light, more of a summer jacket than anything else. If it's genuine, as I believe it is, then I think I just got myself a bargain... :D

Crash - i could never pull off a jacket like that, but for 2.99 pound, that's quite the steal (hell, even if it ends up being fake, you can't get a jacket for <$10 anywhere!)

i wish my gulls were glow in the dark.. :mad:

ahh crap idk what to do with my evisus. theyre 31x35 i wore them for like 2 months and theyre too big in the hips and thighs. has anyone tried tapering their evisus ? I dont want my gulls on the front...

This is an open question to anyone who has tried both the japanese range and the US range:

How does the US "Heritage Style" Fit compare with, say, the Japan 2000 or 2001 fit? It seems to me like the US rise is not quite as long and that the seat doesn't flare out quite so much. Plus, a lot of the US range is sanforized.

This is an open question to anyone who has tried both the japanese range and the US range:

How does the US "Heritage Style" Fit compare with, say, the Japan 2000 or 2001 fit? It seems to me like the US rise is not quite as long and that the seat doesn't flare out quite so much. Plus, a lot of the US range is sanforized.

I'd say that the standard Heritage cut, i.e. Lot 0001, is closest to Japanese No.2 Lot 2000 in terms of silhouette and cut - a 34" waist jean in these cuts has a rise of 11.8" and a hem of 8.7", based on my own measurements. The inseam's just over an inch longer on the Japanese jeans.

The Heritage 0001 styles don't have so much of a hip flare as Lot 2001, even though they're ostensibly based on that cut. They are slightly more roomy in the thigh area than No.2 Lot 2000, but other than that I'd say they're comparable in fit.

Heritage Lot 0331 (34" again) has a front rise of 10.8". with the hem at 8", which corresponds more to No.1 Lot 2000 post-soak (10.25" and 8", although these were smaller than tagged size pre-soak so will have shrunk relatively more).

Hope you can follow that...

Carhartt's a fashion label over here

Way off-topic, but I dug this out for a pic, figuring you'd appreciate it, Crash. All my U.S. made stuff is pretty much trashed, but this is a flawless little U.S. made jacket I picked up for a girl about 6 years ago. I don't ever let them take any swag, fuck that shit --but she looked great in it, as would any "wee burd" with small boobs.

carharrtgrl.jpg

Kids' size 18. It's been washed and dried once. Had I been aware of fading raw, dry items at the time, I would have kept it so.

^ I got a couple of jackets in the same colour which I held onto, as they're decent winter jackets as it goes.

S'funny, people go on about the pricing of some of the Evisu lines that are sold outside of Japan but one of the Carhartt jackets that I have cost me $60 in the States and I've seen it retail for the equivalent of $250 here. Only difference is that it's being sold as workwear over your side of the Atlantic, and streetwear over here.

And don't get me started on Levi's, as a standard pair of pre-washed denims retail for around £65 here and the dry selvage lines start around £120. I'll leave you to do the currency conversions...

^ I got a couple of jackets in the same colour which I held onto, as they're decent winter jackets as it goes.

S'funny, people go on about the pricing of some of the Evisu lines that are sold outside of Japan but one of the Carhartt jackets that I have cost me $60 in the States and I've seen it retail for the equivalent of $250 here. Only difference is that it's being sold as workwear over your side of the Atlantic, and streetwear over here.

And don't get me started on Levi's, as a standard pair of pre-washed denims retail for around £65 here and the dry selvage lines start around £120. I'll leave you to do the currency conversions...

damn really?

damn really?

Hell yeah Selaviso! The average annual wage/salary over here's about $7000 higher than the US, but the general cost of living more than levels the playing field. When I was in the States last year I found that I didn't have time to spend the currency I had! I know the dollar was weaker then, but even so y'all get the better deal with clothes and food. And footwear too - a pair of Nike Air Max 95s here costs £110...

And Jyoni, if you ever need a UK proxy service, I'm your man!

Japanese denim‏

Sent: 10 September 2008 14:35:14

To: [email protected]

Dear Adam

We stock Japanese denim at a minimum of £250, I can not take photo unfortunately as you will need to visit the store as we do not sell them over the web, and it is a small corner collection.

Kind regards

Mick

(Store Manager)

just wondering will these fade don't know much bout levi's

DSC04673.jpg

DSC04674.jpg

more evisu....

DSC04676.jpg

more

DSC04678.jpg

more these fit more like a 33 but they are Sanforized dunno why so big maybe can shrink them ????

DSC04679.jpg

DSC04680.jpg

more

DSC04683.jpg

the blue isn't this bright

DSC04685.jpg

my deluxe only worn for 3 hours then put away again ....ment for xmas

DSC04682.jpg

think these should fade? like the silm cut