Evisu is still loved!

benzak

S'funny, people go on about the pricing of some of the Evisu lines that are sold outside of Japan but one of the Carhartt jackets that I have cost me $60 in the States and I've seen it retail for the equivalent of $250 here. Only difference is that it's being sold as workwear over your side of the Atlantic, and streetwear over here.

Ha. Me laugh long time. Funny when street wear brands try to do the same thing, but charge double for a likely inferior product.

Cheep - how you getting on with the Leepros

Seconded.

I saw a lad wearing the Ikeda Deluxe jeans in London at the weekend, the ones posted by Cheep.

Gotta be said but they looked pretty amazing on him, with some beautiful iridescent shades coming through the indigo. He has wearing them halfway down his arse, with some mad stacking going on.

Definitely not a look I could get away with, but on him they looked the dog's bollocks...

has anyone been on www.togged.com ? they sell evisu but from 4 years ago, still charging 400 dollars, but no new stuff anyone know why?

Erm, because they buy old stock at cheap prices and flog it to the unwary at today's price? There's a UK-based seller on eBay who does exactly that, buys old stock from places like StreetmodaUK for around £40-50 a pair, and then sells it on at £195 BIN price.

The original stock is only listed as part of a shop inventory so won't show up on most searches unless you've set your preferences to include shop stock...people who don't know that will find 'deadstock' Evisu being offered in an auction and think that they're getting a rarity. They don't realise that the same stuff is available, in different categories, at a quarter of the price...

The best 'deadstock' is to found in store stockrooms, if you ask the staff nicely they're often willing to have a look for you...