Evisu is still loved!

benzak

A little FYI:

Heads up on a pair of those ohh soo hard to find evisu brown box broken twill jeans....

http://cgi.ebay.com/EVISU-Men-Jeans-Pants-Size-32-EVISU-HERITAGE-NWT_W0QQitemZ150288670257QQihZ005QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

size 32, but speaking from experience, they run a little big. can't tell from the pics if they are the slim or regular fit, but either way they are nice denimz.

^He's legit, I have bought one pair of jeans from him and had a good experience. He's usually pretty pricey though, but thats the only thing that has stopped me from buying other items. He has an unusually good selection of evisu, and more than a few times had/has pieces that I don't see anywhere else, albeit pricey.

CTB, You should just get those jeans tapered, that is a nice style! Does the saville row store do chainstich tapering/hemming? You don't see those very often...are they an older model? I feel like I saw another post with photos of an older pair of broken in jeans that looked similair to those...Nice come-up anyway.

Not feeling the cut though, there's no taper and the best way to describe the fit is clown-like - with a hem of 10" these pool over your feet.

hahha. They don't call em work-man style for nothing.

He has an unusually good selection of evisu, and more than a few times had/has pieces that I don't see anywhere else, albeit pricey.

That other seller who takes anything, diesel from miami I believe, got him shook. He has had lower his prices a tad as result.

CTB, You should just get those jeans tapered, that is a nice style! Does the saville row store do chainstich tapering/hemming? You don't see those very often...are they an older model? I feel like I saw another post with photos of an older pair of broken in jeans that looked similair to those...Nice come-up anyway.

Nah, they don't offer it at Savile Row as far as I'm aware, although I've never had reason to ask as I need a longer leg. There's a new shop open in Leeds (Kiosk 78) that's planning on offering it soon though.

I'm not sure if the same shrinkage is to be expected with these as with Japan-made No.1. If it is, then these would be no good to me as the inseam is only just over 34" pre-shrunk. They're a new model as far as I'm aware, only had them instore the past couple of months and they have the newer style of gull painted on them. The style's similar to these though:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://item.rakuten.co.jp/kobori/10001392/

And I know the pants you mean Jyoni, I picked up a couple of pairs of those Carhartt pants in the States last year and recently sold them on eBay. Carhartt's a fashion label over here, with the jeans retailing at around £70...I made a very healthy profit, which went towards my Lot 2000...

i have about 4 pairs of carharrts given to me from my brother and some edwins, and some uni qlo jeans, i keept the edwins selling the uni qlo on ebay and was gonna give the carharrts away but ctb you made a healthy profit might have to put them up on ebay, also got some evisu eu ed on there 31 waist 99p!!!

one more thing i got my deluxe evisu from dfm for 180 dollar size 30 as thats what i wear and woowww these are super tight right now its a bit painfull but the fit is great and the leg isn't to baggy like most heritage :D

You guys got a really good bargains for your deluxe evisu.

I thought I did well, bagging mine for 150 GBP.

Mine were too baggy for me so I passed them on to someone else. I'll be keeping a close eye on them though, as I want to see what the hiragana painted on the pockets looks like when they start to fade.

This might sounds a bit daft, but there's something about the Deluxe jeans that feel like they're trying too hard, if you get my drift. Fantastic quality and colour, but after the initial excitement of grabbing a bargain had died down I cooled off rapidly...whereas I can't get enough of the Japanese No.1 denim...

That make sense at all?

This might sounds a bit daft, but there's something about the Deluxe jeans that feel like they're trying too hard ~ That make sense at all?

:confused: Don't really get what feelings you're trying to convey about the deluxe. I've not yet sampled the delights of No.1 denim so I can't make that comparison.

Anyhow...I got a pair of evisu 0331 with yellow stitched gulls. These must have been bought around 2002/03.

When new the denim was a greyish/silvery/blue kinda colour at a distance.

Unfortunately no pictures, (and from memory) upclose the denim was a combo of the white weft, indigo denim warp altenating with a white or (light grey/blue?) warp.

When raw and starchy they had this amazing sheen. They really caught and reflected natural daylight in an unique way!

As I was ignorant about denim, when they got smelly or dirty they would get washed as per dark clothing (separately, inside out etc). After several washes I noticed that there was a stronger blue hue. It transpired that the lighter coloured warp become stained from the parallel indigo warp.

So over the course of a couple of years the colour changed from the grey/silvery blue to a boldish indigo colour. The white weft gives it a kind of sheeny appearance.

Back-1.jpg

Inside.jpg

CoinPocket.jpg

Selvedge.jpg

Looks good, and I'm diggin' that crispy evisu patch :cool: . I actually have some older evisus that I washed like you did back when I was ignorant to the potentials of raw denim but they still look good to me its more of a nice over all fade.

Jyoni - hmm the link you posted just goes to the wrangler tribute evisus but I think the fit is the same if that's what you meant so yeah I'll probably get them.

brain they only have them in uk now i belive just checked the site and no 32's only 30 or 34 plus they are 155 pounds plus postage = 340 dollars!!!! not the 180 of djpremium

also CTB i think the deluxe are like walkers sensations so much love and care into each one, i love the leather in between each rivet and the colour is amazing but its going to take forever to break in just like d85 i am currently wearing my d85 to bed to speed up process !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Jyoni - hmm the link you posted just goes to the wrangler tribute evisus but I think the fit is the same if that's what you meant so yeah I'll probably get them.

Yes, Casper, I posted it for the fit. Are you going to size down? Speaking of sizing down, Brain, could you wear that 30? (edit: the actual waist is probably 31.5)

That website has alot of the good stuff from last season.

Nice fits you guys. I need to start swimming or bicycling :o

also CTB i think the deluxe are like walkers sensations so much love and care into each one

Are you on dodgy meds or something? :D

(For the benefit of non-UK SFers, i.e. the vast majority, Walkers make crisps/potato chips...)

Edit: Oh, and that eBay seller's got red and orange box jeans, if anyone's interested...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EVISU-MENS-Jeans-Pants-Size-32-EVISU-HERITAGE-NWT_W0QQitemZ150291565884QQihZ005QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem