Evisu is still loved!

benzak

i wish they would use a different type of denim bit sick of the d85 and d67 how many years has it been like 3? by the way CTB i did rep you for that.. :)

When dealing with No. 1, No. 2 and Heritage you can only get D67 & D85. When you move into the Deluxe that's where you see more different type's of Denim, but they still follow the Deep Indigo color of D85 and the white contrast of D67. Like for example I have the Deluxe KM56 which is a hank dyed denim, but still falls along the look of D67 denim. Would you agree Tek and Crash?

When dealing with No. 1, No. 2 and Heritage you can only get D67 & D85. When you move into the Deluxe that's where you see more different type's of Denim, but they still follow the Deep Indigo color of D85 and the white contrast of D67. Like for example I have the Deluxe KM56 which is a hank dyed denim, but still falls along the look of D67 denim. Would you agree Tek and Crash?

I don't know if the Japanese denim is classed on the 'D-system' or not, although I could find out. Looking at the Japanese pairs that I have, I'd be hard pushed to say that they were D85 or D67 as the denim's in a class of its own, even the (Japanese) No.2 and the (Chinese) No.1.

I'm definitely more of a fan of D67 in the Heritage line, simply because of the feel of it. It's rare to see broken-in examples of either though, despite their crossover appeal, simply because Joe Public who buys Evisu knows nothing about denim and therefore is more likely to keep their £180 Heritage jeans as 'special occasion' jeans, and only wearing them sparingly.

I can hold my hand up and say that this is something I was guilty of with my first couple of pairs of Heritage jeans, and it was only until I started to do some reading after I bought some Lot 0331 that I realised the potential there in my hands. Now I'm wearing the fuck out of my drys, and getting a real kick out of what I'm seeing.

This, in my opinion, is where Evisu International should have concentrated their marketing. Forget the strong branding etc, and show people what the jeans can become and they'd find a whole new audience who'd likely get hooked as I did.

Sorry for the ramble, and I know it isn't really an answer but I've had one of those days... :rolleyes:

not true... the 3 pairs that ive had were neither of those denims. the brown box were heritage, and they had a lighter greencast broken twill, the nakami whatevers were a redcast denim that was not 85 or 67. the lee repros are left hand twill, which is a new denim.

not true... the 3 pairs that ive had were neither of those denims. the brown box were heritage, and they had a lighter greencast broken twill, the nakami whatevers were a redcast denim that was not 85 or 67. the lee repros are left hand twill, which is a new denim.

Your right Cheep! Now that you mention those Jean's the Brown Box are D330 or D220 can't remember and the Nakame Minami are D660 if i am not mistaken. I had Matt at Evisu break it down for me once and had written it down, but can't seem to find it anywhere in my notebook!

Corrected Once Again By Cheep! Alway's Catching Me Slipping!:D

maybe you should actually wear some jeans instead of buying a new pair every month. or, you could send me your jeans to break in for you.

Speaking of this have you seen what APC is offering now.

RTEmagicC_apc_newdenim.jpg.jpg

A.P.C. will be releasing some new jeans very soon. The model is called "Butler Worn Out" and it has that name for a reason. Instead of using sanding paper to give the denim the used look, it has actually been worn by a person. The name of the person that wore it is then written inside the denim. Interesting idea and for sure there is no other way to get the same effect. Via Jean T.

Next thing you know everyone will be doing this.

I know you've done this for your friends right Cheep?