Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Yeah they are a greyish color, agree? Also I love the purple satin coin pocket lining. It also shows up on the pocket trim and cinch back as well. I like them because they are more casual dress atire! Would look lovely with a button up/polo and a blazer!:rolleyes:

Yeah, definitely greyish with quite a delicate feel to them. Kinda silky, if I remember rightly. Like the Ikeda, lovely jeans but not for me...You'd look great in a blazer, kinda Cone Mills Cricket Club, yeah? :D

PS what's a 40?

Yeah, definitely greyish with quite a delicate feel to them. Kinda silky, if I remember rightly. Like the Ikeda, lovely jeans but not for me...You'd look great in a blazer, kinda Cone Mills Cricket Club, yeah? :D

PS what's a 40?

The Elite!:D

A 40 is basically slang for a 40 Ounce Malt Liquor beverage.

The dog's bollocks = No.1; ichiban; the best!

NB 'bollocks' mean 'balls' so avoid in polite company. Not that I'm implying anything, you get my drift...And no, I don't know where the saying comes from but it's common slang over here. Also: the mutt's nuts...

So it's basically same (nonsense! :) ) as bee's knees?

Today I went to the Evisu store on Savile Row - very nice. As expected they got a decent selection of various jeans, and other clothings.

I got chatting to one of the staff about their Japanese imports. The only No.1 they had was the *Carpenter* jeans, as posted earlier somewhere in this thread by CrashTestBrummie.

They had No.2 which goes for 315 GBP :eek:

I noted that some of the No.2 on display still had the redtabs on. I didn't mention it but the person must have saw me checking it out. The staff's response was that she didn't quite got round to cutting the tabs off yet. ;)

The person that I was talking to, also did the hand painting gulls at that store. (dunno if you have to have some kind of special training or what not?).

Anyways, you could also get plain pocket and get your choice of usual colours, including gold & silver. As well as gulls, you have the choice of Japanese writing. She had a piece of scrap denim displaying what the colours would look like, as well as Evisu in Japanese - which looked pretty cool.

I could have spent a lot more time in there, just checking out all their bits'n'pieces and chatting about them.

But I started to feel guilty as I had no intention of purchasing anything - or rather I was scared that I might buy the whole shop!:cool:

^ Yeah, the cost of the No.2 is somewhat prohibitive, way better to score it from source. I think it's because Evisu International have to buy it from Evisu Japan and then import it. And then they have to price it in relation to their own No.2/Heritage stuff... They've taken the tags off the daicock No.2 though, did ya see that?

Hiroko the painter was trained to do that by Kanji, who was the previous painter. Kanji did my Lot 0331 which I posted in this thread way back when. I chose a character that wasn't offered as standard and he was happy to do it for me, once I'd written it for him.

And you can get the plain jeans in both D85 and D67 denim, depending on your taste...

But, we're still waiting for your pics :P

My evisu came with a cloth carry bag in a rather fetching pink colour!

Measurements BiG stylee (approx. in cm), no soak/wash.

Waist = 82

Front rise = 28

Back rise = 36

Thigh = 32

Hem = 20

My waist is about 32inch, and 170cm tall - therefore epic stacks!

FrontNoShoes.jpg

BackWithShoes.jpg

Waist comparison pics:

EvisuxDH.jpg

^ Lower - Evisu . Upper - DiorHomme MIJ19 W30 - stretched to 86cm

No1xDeluxe.jpg

^ Deluxe W32 - Barely worn.

My evisu came with a cloth carry bag in a rather fetching pink colour!

Measurements BiG stylee (approx. in cm), no soak/wash.

Waist = 82

Front rise = 28

Back rise = 36

Thigh = 32

Hem = 20

My waist is about 32inch, and 170cm tall - therefore epic stacks!

Good fit there already!

Damn, they're about 2cm smaller (waist) than stated on the website! Let's see how mine will fit, already on their way here...

There is always little bit of excitement about online clothes shopping, shrink to fit adds even more to that...

When I first measured it, just along the straight back of the waist it came to 38cm (x2 = 76 cm). I nearly shat myself, thinking OH F#%?

Remeasured it properly, so 41 x 2 = 82cm.

When I get a bit of time, I am gonna comandeer the bathroom, and wear whilst soaking.

Now where did I put that grill pan ? :P

^ Looking good already! :)

But you'll have to keep the waist open whilst they shrink, or you'll have one hell of a time if they shrink to around 30" which is to be expected...

Haha truth. God knows how many bruised thumbs I've suffered. Btw love the yellow gulls, my first pair also had yellow ones that was like what 7 yrs ago?

09-20-08_2149.jpg

09-20-08_2150.jpg

so im an idiot and misread a thread.. thought i was buying lot 2000 when it was actually lot 2001. i read that 2000 has a "straighter" silhouette.. but im thinking about keeping this, as i think the cut is nice. how do the measurements compare? is the 2001 just more of a taper?

what do you think?

ps: lot 2001 size 33x35 (sized up 2) no.1. btw. this denim is FANTASTIC

so im an idiot and misread a thread.. thought i was buying lot 2000 when it was actually lot 2001. i read that 2000 has a "straighter" silhouette.. but im thinking about keeping this, as i think the cut is nice. how do the measurements compare? is the 2001 just more of a taper?

what do you think?

ps: lot 2001 size 33x35 (sized up 2) no.1. btw. this denim is FANTASTIC

Lot 2001 is the 'standard' Evisu cut, slightly more relaxed around the thighs and arse. Quite baggy by SuFu standards, but a favourite of mine and one that's too often overlooked these days in my opinion. Where did you get those from?

thank you thank you, could anyone tell me what the lot # or cut is on the oki ni ?

They produced them in the standard Heritage Lot 0001 and the slimmer, more tapered Lot 0005, I think. From the pics I'd say that was Lot 0001... :)

Lot 2001 is the 'standard' Evisu cut, slightly more relaxed around the thighs and arse. Quite baggy by SuFu standards, but a favourite of mine and one that's too often overlooked these days in my opinion.

They're supposed to be vintage inspired, but most people seem as simply baggy jeans, which is true, but not necessarily what they're going for.

BTW, I like these.....A lot.

http://www.oki-ni.com/invt/ev0025ind