What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

-Z- did you get to see Mates of State? I was up in Duluth for a job that went nightmarishly bust, just a total waste of time. Worst regret is missing those nights at the 400 Bar.

I didn't...the last shows I saw were at the Taste of Minnesota. (caught Atmosphere, POS, Minus the Bear, and the Walkmen)...I'm going to The Dead Weather at First Ave. next Wednesday, jacked for that show! I do really enjoy mates of state, and i'm bummed i couldn't see them (as I am with any show i miss around here)

tonight i was stuck working late...very late...I was pissed off on the way home, so I decided to take some pictures. No tripod, so i had to use my truck or the ground...

4810986817_f1a6425027_z.jpg

4810987179_f658012422_z.jpg

Need to clone the flare out of this one...but it will take a while so fuck it.

4810986981_f28fc6d81a_z.jpg

4811610976_a2d159ab44_z.jpg

4811611318_9593936f89_z.jpg

4810986457_039ef2faac_z.jpg

yup.

Last show was Charlie Parr and Boomchucks in Duluth. Charlie Parr is a badass, man.

Well, actually I did see the Hold Steady/Whigs at the Cabooze, but my friend's girl had food poisoning and puked on security up front...so we got her out of there.

*oh shit, also saw New Standards play in an ancient church while I was mired up there. About 1/4 capacity and their name was wrong on the ticket. "New Standings" I think, haha. Think they'll be back? Fuck, you can't see them down here without sardine-level capacity.

Mmmm - nice! I need a creepy shot of me!

Dog days of summer...

Started with an early AM hike with the pups. The little guy has taken to trying to smuggle his "finds" into the house... Today it was a stick.

Note the guilty expression:

96ac5bd2.jpg

Usually, it's pine cones, and we started a collection box:

765bddf1.jpg

388a05eb.jpg

In an effort to procrastinate with the bigger job of bathroom renos, I decided to cut down some dead cedars in the back yard.

All my larger saws & chainsaw are up at the cottage, so I made do with this:

c7ea95f8.jpg

Awesome Japanese steel - went through wood like butter!

ea86ac73.jpg

My pile started growing:

3fd7e053.jpg

Pups roughhoused while I was working

f93b48c4.jpg

And enjoyed a good chew

c2164aae.jpg

By the time I was done, so were they!

ee52aeb3.jpg

Parting shot - was coming home last night from dinner with clients, and the sunset/clouds were surreal

70489bce.jpg

Guest I LOVE LFC
Edit: I LOVE LFC, just saw your post. Got any videos or pictures of you riding. Post em up if you do!

Haha, bloody hell, the last time I filmed it was on a miniDV cassette when I was about 17! Don't get to ride that much anymore, if I get to take any pics I'll post em up!

c7ea95f8.jpg

Awesome Japanese steel - went through wood like butter!

I must have at least a dozen pullsaws. They're like the sleeper tool of the kind of stuff I do. Kinda kills me that you're felling trees with it, but I can appreciate that you like them!

Today, my jeans (LVC 1947 501) and I went for a ride on a bike I recently resurrected from the dead (with the help of friends):

bike01.jpg

Rode down a trail:

trail01.jpg

Stopped to take in the scenery:

trail02.jpg

Stopped at the Crow River dam:

trail03.jpg

Grabbed some coffee and did some reading:

coffee.jpg

Then rode to the disc golf course and threw a round with my brother:

disc.jpg

Rode home and made an egg/chili bean/pepper burrito with Valentina sauce:

burrito.jpg

Then we finished off the day by fishing (didn't catch anything):

lake.jpg

In all, not a bad day. There's not much to be done in rural Minnesota, but I plan to make the most of it for the next month that I'm here.

First WAYJDT post :D

Went to the restaurant, Vertical, for Summerlicious yesterday with the girlfriend and a bunch of her friends. It was okay.. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone since it wasn't an amazing restaurant, but the service was really good.

4814718678_0e4646faed_b.jpg

We waited for her friend's outside of St. Andrews station and watched these bags of garbage pile up, man the guy who was collecting them was fast as fuck. When we got there, I did not see one garbage bag, but the area was filled with them by the time we left (15min or so later, there was three times as much as this pic).

4814718566_1b7b2ce670_b.jpg

Saw a cool building, anyone know what building this is?

4814097785_a045eefc38_b.jpg

Samurai's were tired from the hot weather and walking.

4814097841_b043188fa6_b.jpg

4814718902_598ff8fbe0_b.jpg

The only thing that I'd say was really good at Vertical, would be their clams. Shit was amazing!

4814719118_ec4c3c8b82_b.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments & rep guys! :)

Can't rep you again, Riff but your pups look like some real rascals! Makes me wish I had my dog here with me in the city.

Yes, they are real characters! Completely crazed! We're lucky to have access to trails & countryside, cuz they need a LOT of activity. I feel for you - it's hard with dogs in the middle of a concrete jungle.

I must have at least a dozen pullsaws. They're like the sleeper tool of the kind of stuff I do. Kinda kills me that you're felling trees with it, but I can appreciate that you like them!

:o I felt like quite a tool, using a woodworking blade for felling trees - you are totally right! Beautiful blades, though! I have a couple of smaller ones too. What do you do jyoni? Carpentry?

Great posts all!

Used one of these just the other day to take down a couple small trees in my backyard... good thing I have a ravine behind me... makes for easy disposal of trees.

Yes riff, primarily stairs, mouldings, built-ins, installs, etc. Those pullsaws are indispensible (at least to me, I don't know anyone else who uses them). So many shapes, angles, and lengths available. The bamboo-wrap ones are soooo badass.

It's odd to me to use them for trees, but then again if anyone asked me what one handsaw they should have, it would be one of those.