What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

The good posts still keep rolling in. great stuff everybody, and those fish assholes sound delicious...;)

so here are some shots from today. some of these have alot of coma and some i'm having trouble with exposures right now cuz i'm shooting way faster than I'm used to, plus I don't get to rely on IS anymore so I'm also learning to be much more careful and steady.

first things first, I love having a fixed focal length, I enjoy how much more I have to move around now when I shoot, rather than remaining in a few places and zooming my way into a framed shot. It is way more fun this way, and its forcing me to explore more options to get a shot.

I drove by this place a few months ago and have been meaning to return. The Jackson Street Roundhouse was de-comissioned and turned into a locomotive museum, but out back, where you're not supposed to go is a cool graveyard for old busses and trains!

4753823190_684c21ce33.jpg

4753183817_26710b63e8.jpg

4753824624_68abf12bf1.jpg

4753185665_f95346b9ec.jpg

4753826884_08058e2f81.jpg

4753827822_d63d2e2a7c.jpg

4753828728_7471d62613.jpg

4753191553_7562fd6282.jpg

4753190349_b64af1c9b9.jpg

SORRY FOR THE TON OF PHOTOS. SHOT 522 TODAY, FIGURED I'D GIVE YOU GUYS ABOUT 25

4753839400_eec32ab0b9.jpg

4753840176_f80faee78c.jpg

4753841450_52d34c5a39.jpg

4753203393_f7ab47c85e.jpg

4753843116_7c0d74ae95.jpg

4753204773_2dc39d2fa7.jpg

4753845220_715a4c1b46.jpg

4753845902_5ce68c673f.jpg

From yesterday, but today was the first day I've had internet access in a few days. Was at Disneyland and California Adventure with my family for 4 days. Just saw the World of Color at California Adventure last night; seriously, the best show I've ever seen.

4753906112_958a854f6f.jpg

4753268289_5d382e5d19.jpg

4753910316_c3f21436b7.jpg

4753912962_1ac7f593d3.jpg

-z- those are some lovely pictures -z-. sure, the lens is a gem and all but eventually its all up to the person behind the camera. your eyes are the real gem. these are some really really good pictures. i do a little bit of hobbyist photography and im no pro but i must say that its hard as shit to keep coming up with all these good pictures. keep doing it, because you're certainly doing it right.

roy6 those are some really happy women and im sure a lot of guys here are happy that rnrswitch has snared himself a maiden as well. im sure there'll be someone holding on to his denim reigns from now on.

true my jeans are killig me too, but one has too. nice video beatle, but you have to work on your technique, haha
beatle knows a lot more about denim than she does about tennis

Yap, 36 years old and never touched a tennis racket before...glad the ball made it across the net ..but I admit - it's fun.

Guest I LOVE LFC

Me, Shi and the Flatheads went to north Wales to see my auntie so she could give baby her pressies from her birthday last week, as she was on holiday. Plenty of cake and nice food.

DSCF7523-1.jpg

She was also celebrating the appointment of Mr Roy Hodgson as Liverpool manager............. lets see how it goes ay

DSCF7526.jpg

Looking out over to the N.West of England from my aunties balcony.

DSCF7530.jpg

Farmer's been busy at the back of her house

DSCF7527.jpg

Shi having a look at the cows before heading home to go food shopping and get her passport photo sorted, that was fun getting her to sit still!

DSCF7533.jpg

Off to Chester or Liverpool today with Shis mum, pics to follow, unless it ends up being the boozer for Brazil v Holland......

TG - one day I am gonna visit you..one day

my German 'daughter' that is arriving in a few days asked if i would like her to bring something special from her country, should i get her to bring you?

(From Saturday)

The women of San Francisco took to the streets to celebrate the removal of rnrswitch from the dating pool.

4754096978_7d40fdc493_b.jpg

roy6,how could you?

i bet rnr is biting his own ass for saying yes a little early.

just nasty.

those natural finished calves...yummy!

roy6,how could you?

i bet rnr is biting his own ass for saying yes a little early.

just nasty.

those natural finished calves...yummy!

C'mon, you have to give credit to anyone who has individual style and stands out a bit, not like all of us sufuers hiding behind our dark denim/chambray/redwings uniforms. :)

She has more hair than me.... I feel so inadequate :(

What an awesome page! Repped where I could! Looks like fun times Roy! And -Z-... What can I say, man?Awesome pics! The new glass is great!

And NZ looks like a beautiful country - on my travel wish list now...

Well, today my jeans had the day off, as we & another family took the kids to Canada's Wonderland. This place is full of crazy rides, waterpark, mini-theatre, and crappy fast food.

We hit up the big rides prior to lunch... Here are but a couple of at least a half dozen different roller coasters

P1010308-Version2.jpg

P1010332-Version2.jpg

I forget which one of them is affectionatly called the "vomit comet"...

If these weren't enough to churn your stomach, then the "sky scream" would finish the job...

P1010316-Version2.jpg

After a short break ( & some gravol), we had lunch: smuggled sandwiches & fruit. Not that photogenic, besides I was too busy trying to chase these guys away...

P1010319-Version2.jpg

After lunch, we hit up the waterpark. Oh man, that water was cold!!! Goosebumps & shrinkage were the order of the day! :D

Tons of different tube rides

IMG_8359-Version2.jpg

We finished with multiple loops on the "lazy river"

P1010338-Version2.jpg

WAYWT water edition:

IMG_8342-Version2-1.jpg

(O'Nell & goosebumps &...)

I am a physics student who currently works for an astrophysics research group. So my jeans and I spent the past few days at our research telescope up at 9,600 ft, where the skies are darker than I have ever seen.

This is our site on the peak, with the dome in the back and our computing hut in the foreground.

mg3151.jpg

On the other side of the peak there is this hang glider launch pad. I decided to take a sit and enjoy the near 360 degree view of the surrounding land. It would take some major cojones to jump off this.

mg3147.jpg

But as I sat there the wind really… really picked up. Down in the valley below a dust storm was a brewin’!

mg3133.jpg

To give you an idea of the sheer size of this, I am using a 160 degree fish eye lens. There were times that this plume stretched above eye level that I regretfully did not take pictures of.

Ah! And when the moment comes where the cry of nature is ringing true in your ear, do not worry! There are still good views to be had.

mg3163.jpg

After the day is done there is a moment in between the work of the day and the real fun, the work of the night, where you can sit and enjoy the sunset with some of the sweet rewards of a good hard days work.

mg3200.jpg

mg3198.jpg

Here is our telescope which modestly dwarfs that 7ft ladder next to it.

mg3237.jpg

A few parting shots of some of the amazing beauty of the night sky.

The milky way stretching away above the dome.

mg3262.jpg

Moon rise above the valley floor.

mg3270.jpg

WOW graytrain. thats all i can say. the views are amazing especially the last two pictures. some people have job perks like frequent traveling, free medical coverage etc etc, this might be one of the most intangible but BEST job perks. amazing.

riff theme park looks good man, but im not a fan of these. never fail to feel sick as fuck on pirate ships. but waterparks are good though. kickass! this page with 2 posts is full of win.

Guest I LOVE LFC

Damn, this is pretty underwhelming after those two perfect days.... Great posts Graytrain & riff

We ended up going Chester today, after having a look round for a new belt for the wedding we have on the 3rd(no joy, shops are awful here), we went down to the river

DSCF7540.jpg

DSCF7543.jpg

Shi feeding the ducks and swans, it makes my stomach churn when she gets near the edge!

DSCF7546.jpg

Stopped for an ice cream and listen to the Holland v Brazil game

DSCF7547.jpg

Couple of boats passing on the river

DSCF7549.jpg

Footy in the park with the future Liverpool ladies captain....

DSCF7554-1-1.jpg

Got home after a quick beer shop ready for Uruguay v Ghana and she was flat out

DSCF7561.jpg