What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

These were from Friday.. Got into the car & headed out to Niagara Falls..

Not too much traffic yet

IMG_4706-Version2.jpg

We hit up the outlet mall south of the border, then drove back to "Birds of the Lost Kingdom". Cheesy, but fun! Birds of every variety, most of them wandering about freely

IMG_4357-Version2.jpg

IMG_4347-Version2.jpg

IMG_3527-Version2.jpg

This guy got really mad at me - I left just as he was getting ready to pounce!

IMG_2523JPG-Version2.jpg

Now the reason for wearing clothes easily washed... The lorikeets! The cute little parrots are super friendly & you can go in and feed them nectar..

IMG_4374-Version2.jpg

IMG_2563JPG-Version2.jpg

But what goes in, also has to come out... Needless to say they missed me this time around. But last time they got me & my Ironhearts had to have a pre-mature wash!

The home for early dinner: pan grilled chicken & a stirfry!

P1010159-Version2.jpg

P1010158-Version2.jpg

IMG_8151-Version2.jpg

thats right,after watching so many lovely birds the whole day,you have nothing better to do than throwing some chicken into the pan?;)

Perhaps it was one he smuggled out - The Lost Bird of the Lost Kingdom of Birds

but we were on a marvellous beach

dsc07735.jpg

I tried this sup thing

dsc07775t.jpg

dsc07766h.jpg

hi guys

dsc07777.jpg

it's really easy and fun. from the glass I could see the sea bad. not much to be honest, just sand and stones, but cool anyways. I would like to try this on small waves, well maybe tomorrow. it was another perfect day.

Re-post from WAYWTDE, so my WAYJDT is GETTING CUT UP TO MAKE FUCKING SHORTS!

Excuse the very shitty Photobooth pictures! And my white-ass legs! (wasn't that kind of the point of this party?)

This is post Self Edge Denim Shorts party.

photo281e.jpg

photo284b.jpg

My choice of footwear today was somewhat questionable, but I forgot it was warm/Denim Party day/Pride, so i rocked the vintage 40's Sheboygan boots.

Jeans (with sweet-ass new Denim Shorts party leather tag!) are Uniqlos.

I expect more pictures from all the other SUFU heads at that party, and I know there were quite a few.

(please excuse this post, I started drinking at the beginning of the Mexico-Argentina match [the Germany-England match was a LITTLE too early for my West Coast self to start drinking])

yup. I remember seeing the (sick, by the way) workshirt, up on the third floor by the food court?? did a quick double take but I was really hungry so that won out...haha. had just left the hair salon bout 5 minutes before the encounter.

thats my second sufu random meet at the MOA, well maybe i'll see you around town??

so when I got home my daughter, wife and I made some cookies. This is the first time we told her to just run with it and cook by herself (with plenty of adult intervention, of course. Most of which involved the mixer potentially flinging cookie dough around the loft or lopping off small fingers.) anyway, when all was said and done she had herself some great little (healthy, thanks to my wife) cookies for dessert.

4741181172_f87901410e.jpg

4741184526_e484d988e1.jpg

4741185928_cba24ea828.jpg

4741185380_a22f136c2d.jpg

The sun started to set over the neighborhood, and photographic instinct told me to utilize the good lighting at dusk, but we were cleaning up so I couldn't run outside and wander for an hour or so, snapped this to make myself feel better. (shot ruined by reflection of the A Warehouse next door..)

4740536423_f7006a71f4.jpg

and out went the lights.....night sufu.

4740551005_1276d5524b.jpg

I was actually in SC chinos, but there are a pair of Mikan's on my buddy.

Fishing, smoking, drinking.

Lunch;

P6283439.jpg

Necessary for enjoyment;

P6283441.jpg

Shell Cordovan NST's;

P6283443.jpg

The fabled No2 Mikan's;

P6283462.jpg

Arguably the best view from any fishing spot in the world;

P6283476.jpg

Hope you are all living life and enjoying. Life's too short, and after all, they're just clothes!

desu

predicting that when ethan makes it to 50 posts, he will have quite the rep. dude has boatloads of knowledge, style, and now a great WAYJDT post...welcome to the best thread on Sufu yo.

Thanks, Z! I'm enjoying SuFu - a great bunch of "otaku" on here and some genuinely nice people I've met so far.

Ranon - Across the harbour from the Opera House, near Cremorne Point. Awesome place to drink some Tesseron '90 and fail miserably at casting a handline.

desu

P6283441.jpg

Whatcha puffin' on there, buddy?

I'm loving making mouth-love to my Peterson Shamrock:

4Feb2010.JPG

Puffing on some Peter Stokkebye Proper English I brought with me from home.

I'm loving evolution of the natural, unvarnished wood:

IMG_0325.jpg

the bird's-eye has really popped! Been meaning to do a full post on this sucker in some "evolution of other shit" thread for a while

Nice Dkatz! I still have my dad's pipes tucked away somewhere!

And yeah Ethan - keep them coming! Loving your Evisu stories - would be awesome to see some more from you!

Glad y'all liked the boids! Hey almostnice - nothing like seeing meat on the hoof (or claw!) to build up an appetite!

So I've been hearing about this vintage car meet, that happens every Monday night, in the parking lot of a church. Bit of a hike, but we finally headed over tonight.

Very cool. Lot's of cars, from souped up rods, to 70-80 year old beauties. Some pics..

1920.jpg

taxi.jpg

Saville row:

savillerow.jpg

A sweet old Ford:

oldford.jpg

Got wood?

gotwood.jpg

One of the nicest - a 1958 'vette:

1958.jpg

These are my sentimental favorites:

VW.jpg

karmennghia.jpg

Always loved VW's... I learned to drive on my dad's Karmann Ghia - identical to the one above, but in canary yellow!

And I still have my 1973 Super Beetle (also yellow!), inherited from my mom :)

Oh, WAYWT:

P1000969-Version2.jpg

(Purcells, LVC47, Gap)

My SExIH07BK's, Messi Jersey (GO ARGENTINA!!!), and myself headed out to meet deadendpro in The Mission to catch the Argentina vs. Mexico Match...

IMG_1972.jpg

The crowds amassed...

IMG_1969.jpg

The Match...

IMG_1970.jpg

The Fans...

IMG_1971.jpg

Gotta love Mission steez!!!

IMG_1973.jpg

Just another Dope Ride...

IMG_1974.jpg

Had to kill two Carnitas Tacos from La Taqueria after the game to soak up all those pints...

IMG_1976.jpg

Julian Doing Work...

IMG_1977.jpg

Beats, bringing these incredible shorts to you in a little over a week...

IMG_1980.jpg

By the end of the day of drinking, this was how I saw the world...

IMG_1978.jpg

I've never posted any photos of work before, because for the last year it's been my ass on a chair, in front of a mac. But for the last week it's been my ass sitting wherever correcting a 600-strong stack of papers.

Summer's finally arrived, so I took my stack of papers to the park nearby. It got three times as much done as on a normal day. Just through the trees you can see Greenwich observaotry; on top you might be able to see a large steel ball. THis would rise up, then drop at precisely 1pm each day, so all the ships on the Thames could correct their chronometers. The observaotry sits on the meridian, where East meets West. TO my right, was this old brick building, built by the mysterious architect Hawksmoor (more later). It is the entrance to a set of old conduits and tunnels, running under the park and, some think, down to the old Tudor palace, built as secret entrances and exits.

sunshine.jpgtunnels.jpg

As well as checking thru manucripts I'm also doing a photo edit. So after 'd subbed around five chapters, I enticed my mate Carl along with me for a trip to Wapping, to meet Ray Stevenson.

He took all the early, best photos of the Sex Pistols and the Bromley contingent, his brother Nils managed Siouxsie and the Banshees, and he is in town, staying with friends for a couple of weeks.

We walked down to the River from Shadwell. I mentioned Cable street, the location of the last stand of the British Blackshirts a couple week ago. We walked right past the mural celebrating the battle, this time I managed to get the whole thing in.

battleofcablestreet2.jpg

The mural sits in the grounds of St George IN The East - built around 1719, this was a huge building, somehow looks very aggressive, built to symbolise the power of the monarchy and intimidate the populace in what was, back then, a very dodgy area. Still is, these days, at least my mate Carl got chased down the street by a gang last time he was here. Despite the fact that, with Carl's skinny Nudies, they obviously thought we were a pair of gay gentlemen out for a romantic evening stroll, the kids hanging out in the churchyard were quite friendly.

stgeorgeintheeast.jpg

What was it about Hawksmoor? well, lots of his churches seem to be built on old ley lines, and hippies think his churches have occult significance. You've seen them in Beyond Hell and other movies. THis church, as mentioned the other week, was the site of some celebrated murders, since when a body was dug up on the crossroads - found with a stake in its heart. All stuff and rumours, maybe.

But look at the top of this tower. Those drum-like shapes at the top are: Roman sacrifical altars. (cue Theremin soundtrack).

sacrificialaltars.jpg

We walked past loads of interesting old buildings and archways down to the river. This is the Captain Kid pub, and past it all the old warehouses. THese were mostly converted into flats in the 80s... but since then, if anything, the area's improved, ie it's seedier and more atmospheric, more empty lots with derelict cars and the odd abandoned warehouse.

captainkid.jpgwappinghighst.jpg

We met up with Ray; he'd pulled out lots of contact sheets. On there he showed me one of David Bowie in bed the morning after the moon landings - they'd used Space Oddity for the TV broadcast, and it hit the charts a few weeks later. Well worth the trip. My digital's not good enough for indoor photography, but here's a photo from the last time I met him.

RayStevenson.jpg

Ray was staying with friends who, happily, live in a warehouse above a pub, the Town of Ramsgate. So after looking thru photos for an hour or so we did this, until closing time...

doombar.jpg

From now on, the photos are a little shakey. By the pub is a little alleyway that leads right down onto the THames foreshore. By now it's maybe 11.30 and the city's quietening down.

On the left you will maybe see a black shape with a single light in the middle. THis is the River Police Wharf; they've been based here for hundreds of years. When they fish bodies out of the Thames (two a week, I'm told) this is where the unfortunates end up back on dry land.

bodies.jpg

Back up the alleyway...

alley.jpg

THen after saying goodnight to Ray, it's back through more warehouses, wharves and deserted streets to another train station.

morewarehouses.jpgandmoremorewarehouses.jpg

At one point we came out of a tiny street, and suddenly we're back by the river and almost under Tower Bridge.

towerbridge.jpg

We spent ages messing around on train platforms. Carl does a lot of stock photography.. lots of blurred shots of trains whizzing into darkened platforms. Maybe one will end up on an album or a corporate brochure. Who knows.

THis was my obligatory blurred shot. On the way home, after a hard day's work. A tough job, but someone's gotta do it!

onthewayhome.jpg

My jeans spent the day waiting for these goodies to come - My Wesco Jobmaster that have been living in my friends shop the last few months, and some thankyous from him. Hillside gear and a cool Tombow pencil. Thanks Andy!

Secret if you are in Aus - Andy sells Samurais, SugarCanes and many more japanese otaku goodies to come in downtown Adelaide. http://righthanddistribution.com/

P6293498.jpg

desu

*this getting to 50 posts thing is hard work. I suspect I'll be a noob in rep points when I get there too....*