What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

i could eat the fuck out of those eggs from your foot after today's ant/scorpion meal.

Okay, I'm the one with bugs trying to give birth inside of me, but that comment just turned my fucking stomach.

dkats, somehow I'm more traumatized by how far back you had to cut your toenail than I am by the jiggers.

Actually my toenails are kinda funky - I can cut them back that far and it's not getting to the quick.

So. Totally. Gross.

Who's in to contribute to the Dkatz White's boot fund? I think we need to keep our buddy safe out there.

I give you full permission to buy me Whites! =)

(block heel though, please)

Haha, thanks aho - yeah, uh, something i really never wanted to experience.

God damnit, so that happens yesterday and then this morning I wake up and... something is VERY not right with my insides. I'll spare you all the details, but I've spent a solid 30 minutes this morning in Rodin's Thinker position on the Porcelain Throne. Fuck me. My body is falling apart.

And I need to get out to Mukono ASAP for the last day of training. Damnit! All I really want to do is to spend the day in the fetal position.

we had dinner on the small terrace tonight

octopus and potatoes and shrimps with tomatoes

dsc07719m.jpg

and mozzarella

dsc07718x.jpg

this guy came to visit

dsc07720j.jpg

after that I read my book. another swedish whodunit to cool down my summer

dsc07725d.jpg

first post from spain, spending a day in tarragona, beautiful weather, not to hot not to cold

Citroen, the european bad guy car

4734374166_59d2dfe163.jpg

4733735723_046a601439.jpg

A few shots of the town

4734375266_399a055479.jpg

4734375692_1fdda31017.jpg

Having some difficulty with the 50mm lens, there arent many close ups so the photography may be sub par.

don't hate folks. every year my crazy Tia down in Miami sends me and Quinn matching clothes. (she used to do this with me, my brother, and sometimes my dad). this year we got cuban timeless classic's-matching guayaberas! don't fuckin laugh!!! decided to throw them on and head down to the cajun fest downtown known as "the Bayou Boogaloo"

rockin them shits with the WH 660's. Q has the Gap shorts.

IMG_4425.jpg

hooked up with the ferry

IMG_4440.jpg

passed by this amphib ship near the drydock

IMG_4437.jpg

festival near the water

IMG_4435.jpg

shot of the 666's. i mean 660's

IMG_4444.jpg

Q sneakin up behind the band. they had no clue.

IMG_4447.jpg

IMG_4450.jpg

oh yeah! time to eat!

IMG_4462.jpg

the guy in red owns the carwash down the street from me. he's also the peeper club prez. i'm mean pepper.

IMG_4470.jpg

something is VERY not right with my insides. I'll spare you all the details, but I've spent a solid 30 minutes this morning in Rodin's Thinker position on the Porcelain Throne. Fuck me. My body is falling apart.

can't +rep. I had stomach flu a few months back. being on the shitter for long periods of time sucks soooo bad.

don't hate folks. every year my crazy Tia down in Miami sends me and Quinn matching clothes. (she used to do this with me, my brother, and sometimes my dad). this year we got cuban timeless classic's-matching guayaberas! don't fuckin laugh!!! decided to throw them on and head down to the cajun fest downtown known as "the Bayou Boogaloo"

Beats, I agree. Fucking Rad! We should do a Guayaberas and denim day!

I would be down! Erin, what do you say? Maybe she could even make a quick buck? I think it would be cool to get different colors that correlate to the different sizes. Then, whatever size you need, you get that color. Black, Blue, White, Grey, Yellow... Thoughts

Ok so I know you're all dying for an update...

Friday morning worked out fortuitously. I'd planned on head to a clinic first-thing to get the jigger outta my toe, and it just so happened that I woke up with gnarly stomach cramps too. Convenient that I was already planning on heading to a clinic!

So today my jeans hung out around my ankles while I splatter-painted some porcelain (Pollock:canvas::dkatz:porcelain), then walked me to the clinic where I had a toe jigger-abortion and pooped in a cup. A parasite out and a bacterial stomach infection on its way out, all in one morning! How's that for efficiency??

I know we all love pictures so much, so the gruesome results:

IMG_1502.jpgp

The doc basically just carved out all of the dead skin - measured by just carving away until I said "OW" (meaning live tissue). Charming!

Afterward I headed back to the training for the last day. One of the activities involved participants making a song about saving. Pretty impressive musical talent, I must say! And you can see Yours Truly chuckling away in the corner as I worked out the profile for the youth group savings account we'll be offering as part of the intervention (okay, let's be honest, I'm probably posting on sufu):

oJ34q1WZvls

Last night (Saturday) my jeans, for the first time in months, seriously felt like going out hard and going for broke. So they did, and I got home at 6am. And I just woke up... at 6pm. Woo! I needed that...

FYI- I probably have one more big post to get all caught up on pictures and stuff from being in the field for the baseline survey. Hopefully I'll get it up before I head out to the field again to oversee the rollout of the implementation of the intervention (end of next week).