What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

Spent yesterday and this morning digging out from the snow. From midnight Saturday, through this morning we've had roughly two feet of snow dumped on us. Forecast for the next 24 hours? Anywhere from another ten to 24" of snow. As a friend of mine would say "fuck me running".

Took some pix this morning, but the battery on the camera died. Did take one of the setter with my cell phone. Glad he's enjoying the snow, but it take a trip to laundry tub and a hose with warm water to get all those snow balls off of him.

Photo0072.jpg

Hey mate,Great post...

What kinda boots are those btw?r.m.william boots?

Hey ThinFinn- those are the RRL Bowery boot, the natural colored version, though they just got a coat of brown polish, and so are a lot darker today than yesterday,

BTW- I like the full-frontal face reveal from the other day.

^nice pic there mate.btw are these some s0500 samurais on the right?

Hey ThinFinn- those are the RRL Bowery boot, the natural colored version, though they just got a coat of brown polish, and so are a lot darker today than yesterday,

BTW- I like the full-frontal face reveal from the other day.

Thx for sharing mate and yeah i thought it was about time to stop with this whole pixelate-thing and so on,kinda fucking up the wohle pic and all that...

this is from sunday, .. me and my eternals braved the cold and took photos in tribeca

did this

tumblr_ld2fkaIVg01qdt4dy.jpg

to take this:

5236691986_d2faf582c2.jpg

(which gives you an idea of the zoom/distance you need when shooting with the 85)

tumblr_ld2feb7Qp21qdt4dy.jpg

then stood here

5236138401_f193135fb1.jpg

they were with me when i made this odd painting that i like a lot. thoughts anyone?

e1d29633.jpg

crappy cell phone pic I took before leaving for work this morning. No denim, but here's what my jeans have been doing the past three days, shoveling snow. This morning is the first break in the snow we've had since Saturday night, but we're supposed to get as much as another 6" today. Snow is nearly waist deep in the back yard, and I'm guessing there's 40" of it. Local news says my area got 52". With Lake Erie being so warm, and not likely to freeze over before mid January at the earliest, we could get pounded with storms like this a few more times over the next month and a half.

Photo0081.jpg

Out early this morning to a familiar place, but an unfamiliar time. I've posted many photos around Spitalfields before, but this was the first time in years I'd been during the week, when they have a different market.

My main destination was this shop: Gardner's, which has been supplying bags, and bits and pieces to stallholders here since 1870.

gardners.jpg

I was looking for hang-tags. Bingo!

tagsk.jpg

I had a long chat with the proprietor, Paul. He's seen huge changes in the market - and recently had a lot of hassle with the owners of the building who announced they were putting his rent up from £15k per annum - to £25k. With the help of a few people = notably a brilliant blog called Spitalfields Life they've backed down somewhat, although he still faces a substantial hike. He's trying to get his sons to help him do more stiff online. Fingers crossed it works out.

PaulGardner.jpg

The market itself is antiques and collectors stuff. Exactly the kind of market I've been missing - we used to have all this in Greenwich, where I am, but it's mostly died out. What I like about this market is the mix of often Edwardian and 30s stuff, with a lot of interesting clothing.

stall1e.jpg

stall2.jpg

THis chap looked interesting - I do hope the deerstalker is in for a revival.

deerstalker.jpg

A 1940s Macintish - good value at £95 considering the new ones are around £500.

macintosh.jpg

I finally got to check out someone I've heard lots about: David White, of Ragtop/ He's a friend of my barber mate, Gerald. Gerald knows everyone in London.

davidgn.jpg

Lots of good stuff… I was very tempted by his G-1s, here was also a nice, tatty, generic 50s jacket, JC Penney, some kids 302 exactly like the nipper's - but worn in.

But by far my favourite was this amazing US Navy top. 1910s or 1920s,. £195.

navy1y.jpg

navy3.jpg

navy2o.jpg

I shall be asking therelativiy to check this out. Roughly 39 inch chest.

PLenty more stalls. ONe other treasure-hunter was wearing some cool boots. Alfred Sargent scotch or Zug grain (the Selkirk, I think). Beautiful. We discussed my imminent William Lennons, and he approved, but told me they would take some wearing in

alfredsergeant.jpg

Trying to find a swivel chair, to work on. THis looked good… £75, nwish it were a little less..

chair0.jpg

Later, coffee. And time to check out my purchases.

lunch0.jpg

espressomachiato.jpg

cafew.jpg

One simple lamp on a bracket, £10, and an industrial anglepoise, £20. Both lovely old items, way less than I'd expect from this pricey area, altho - grrr… - the makers tag, really nice 1930s typography must've blown away in the freezing cold wind by the time I stopped off for coffee.

The church, as ever, looks beautiful.

christchurch0.jpg

I've posted the Ten Bells before. Traditionally, Jack the Ripper's pub.

tenbells1.jpg

They're restoring the place, again. I liked it better when it was moth-eaten, and you'd get strippers do their routine on the little round tables.

TenBells2.jpg

A successful day's haul..

swagn.jpg

Paul,

I was there at lunchtime today. I work 5 minutes away in Aldgate so usually browse the market once a week. That vintage stall had some lovely peacoats a couple of weeks ago but I didn't see them today. The Carharrt cotton duck chore coat looked good though.

Dammit Paul - I love the tours you take us on! That whole area looks like a veritable gold mine for curio hunters and the like. I can't think of anything comparable here.

This time of year is always so crazy busy - everyone wants to get work done before the holidays. So things have been intense.

It is nice to finally have snow - and get that holiday feeling coming on! Some snaps from over the last few days - trying to capture the mood...

bffa4c2b.jpg

b6e37b99.jpg

2a4e031f.jpg

705f9ad3.jpg

50b79500.jpg

3458ae42.jpg

cd8130f7.jpg

475345fe.jpg

great posts there paul and andie...nice!

so since today was my last and btw the longest day of my readings (3.5years of study are over in a few more months!) i thought i could show you my whole day and what me and my jeans did and where we went to...

ready for a lotta pics? :-D

pc092586.jpg

pc092597.jpg

pc092600.jpg

pc092601.jpg

pc092603.jpg

pc092606.jpg

pc092608.jpg

pc092611.jpg

bild085t.jpg

pc092612.jpg