5202762925_8fb66eba35.jpg

An office building with some nutty lighting:

5203362046_73c2c74774.jpg

And of course, the joy of waiting for the train:

5203369320_938f539486.jpg

^so cool

Does the cat help out?

He helps with sales.

BTW - Farmer - you call them Pointsettas or Xmas star or something else ?

Euphorbia pulcherrima:) Nah, just poinsettias. Although I've heard them called atarurk, xmas star and others.

It was 5 degrees out today but my friend Charlie really wanted to skate.

DSC_0159.jpg

Supreme

Supreme

Iron Heart

eS

First we had to shovel & sweep. The concrete was really slick.

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

Kickflip.

DSC_0025.jpg

50-50 (I can't feel my toes).

DSC_0084.jpg

Back tail.

DSC_0118.jpg

This is me about to eat shit trying to 5-0.

DSC_0085.jpg

Time to go.

DSC_0107.jpg

It was pretty fun but really hard to warm up. Next time I'm bringing a thermos of something warm, better gloves, & extra socks.

happy thanksgiving to my american friends!

here are pics from my trip to 45rpm on the upper east side...my fav place to play! 45rpm was so inspirational and a must see store. the next time i visit nyc, i'm gonna check out the one in soho. another must see store is this vintage store in soho called melet mercantile (by appointment only). it completely blew my mind away with vintage items as old as from the 1700's. and indigo dyed everything from japan and all around the world. i reaaaally wanted to take pics to show you guys but unfortunately they wouldn't allow any sort of photography. if you EVER have the chance to get to nyc, book a time to visit! i promise you won't ever witness anything like it and it'll be so worth your time.

storefront

nyc20.jpg

stunning entrance hallway

nyc21.jpg

popeye!

nyc22.jpg

mens fashion

nyc23.jpg

i went crazy over these buttons

nyc24.jpg

womens fashion

nyc25.jpg

very very nice pics Farhad, i really enjoyed them. just curious, what rig do are you shooting on for those pictures?

good shit santos, real hardcore skating in weather like this. too cool.

anabelle, thanks for sharing too. love it when you take all these pictures in stores to share them with us. world traveller in my computer chair already!

Annabelle- (based on your pics of the upper east side store) the soho store has basically the same layout... oddly enough i spend almost all my time on the upper east or upper west side but ive only been to the soho store

Farhad-nobody in the states seems to be using nikon slr-s, whats ur opinion on canon v nikon?

I'm starting my own tea website soon. My search for the best tea in China required me make a trip to Wuyishan, in Fujian province - home of the famous rock oolongs or "yan cha"

Took my BR MA-1 & my contest eternals with me.

5206597198_759ddfc2a1_z.jpg

The winding forest path takes you through steep rock canyons and valleys with the occasional tomb raider relic

5206279435_bccb3aace1_z.jpg

Here we are at the base of the "heavenly path peak"

5206878074_4282d76545_z.jpg

Climbing the stairway to heaven. Despite the cold, the steep stairs had me sweating. Stripped down to my shirt by the time I got to the top.

5206281729_1b3aa9ae39_z.jpg

View from the top. Sunnies are AO, a present from Shangers wedding

5206282435_4e1e93ed18_z.jpg

This is what I came for... those bright green leaves in the foreground are camellia sinensis, otherwise known as tea! With landscape this beautiful, it's no wonder the oolong from this part of China is the best! This particular varietal is "rou gui" 肉桂

5206880910_a9c4246903_z.jpg

Me pretending to be farmer. Actually my ancestors worked the land in Fujian, so it's probably in the genes haha

5206882622_9f741d982b_z.jpg

Noticed a nice little leg burn on my Eternals when I got back to the bottom. Thank you Wuyishan!

5206597862_094d032604_z.jpg

Sorry, questions not directed at me but...

All but one of my photog buddies shoot Nikon. I actually prefer the metering system in Nikon, the ruggedness of their pro SLRs and lenses, (their AF isn't as good), and the overall image straight out of the camera is superior (except to my 5D mkII) with more detail and less noise reduction.

Canon L optics kick ass, and they have better video in SLR, and they make the 5D mkII....that's why I chose Canon.

You Ren....amazing post!

hmm, i think its a matter of convenience for me. with nikons i can swap lenses from an old f series to, for example, a d300. I also love the ruggedness and the metering system, but i agree they are weak in AF and also VR/IS. I have a tendency to shoot JPEG which is where the real advantage of Nikon seems to show up, its also a good deal cheeper comparatively.

also awsome post ren...already gave my rep away sadly

we got off of work a bit early yesterday due to thanksgiving so i said so long to the financial district

5205469387_c484a61b40.jpg

and hopped a train to soho to get my iphone fixed

5206074238_c0a2f4d66a.jpg

wandered around a bit and saw this fashionister

5206079760_d82200e32f.jpg

some street art by a guy named mr. brainwash:

5205490041_8fa8152dd9.jpg

and then met up with friends to take pictures of them, they got one in of me:

DSC_3639.jpg

snacked a bit

DSC_3675.JPG

then called it a night

decided to watch a rock legend concert tonight, nine of my friend are keen to watch this kind of music so i went alone. please forgive my crappy blackberry pics and then.....

215733386-500x500.jpg

the first opening act

x2_385f881

the second opening act

x2_3861bcc

the crowd is getting weary

x2_3863020

and here they come, they introduce themselves as the motörhead

x2_3863dd6

motörhead

x2_3863020

ace of spades :cool:

x2_386a78d

let's call it an ass kickin day

In regards to the canon V nikon I think they're both good. I like canon lenses better, but to be honest it's more about the photographer than the equipment.

one other big push that canon did was dropping the price of a full frame camera - the 5D Mark II is half the price of Nikon's FX body (D700) so that makes it a strong contender for people too.

However, the whole 'photographer over equipment' argument still holds

for me equiptment wins how can you achieve such boque and sharpness if you have a fuckin entry level cam and stock lens?

i remember Florian takeing some unbelievable photos on a 50mm and an old school model rebel. The camera helps but a good sense of light and color can make up for it (but the lense does matter)