What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

Max & MHP - beautiful shots!

Farmer - like you, I'd have a hard time holding back from adopting the whole lot! You and B are terrific :)

Saturday started out as it usually does - taking my little girl to swimming lessons. What the pool looks like before dozens of crazed kids start splashing about.

10a7c211.jpg

Then we went to her music lesson - her teacher has started putting out the holiday decorations.

58987532.jpg

For our last evening before my wife comes home, we headed over to friends, planning to go downtown together to check out the light displays.

They live near Post Road, and we enjoyed the decorations all along that neighbourhood.

2ddca799.jpg

a354aee5.jpg

1aee85dd.jpg

First off, we hit up city hall, where the "Cavalcade of lights" was happening that evening. It's the annual holiday lighting of the city tree, accompanied by live music, fireworks, and huge crowds.

We only stayed for a bit, worrying about how to keep three hyper-excited kids from getting lost in the madness.

25097d90.jpg

3a42ee2f.jpg

Then we wandered our way through the downtown core, enjoying the display. None of the kids had ever seen the city at night, and oooo's & ahhhh's came floating from the backseat.

4a49b3e2.jpg

5195db62.jpg

The waterfront had some cool stuff.

b77db45b.jpg

Eventually, we headed further west, approaching the Humber River, and pulled off into a parking area to take in the night view. The kids loved it, as there were dozens of beautiful white swans swimming in the quiet black waters.

b3ec1f5d.jpg

8a1014ec.jpg

5cfc59a9.jpg

47da2c03.jpg

1a944d22.jpg

After this quiet interlude, we drove back towards downtown again, stopping to see the CN Tower.

68e8ea3c.jpg

Heading north on Yonge street, the lighting was spectacular.

34506d7b.jpg

By that time, the kids were nearly asleep, so we went back to our friends, where I bundled our daughter into our car and drove back home.

The end.

d622710e.jpg

well riff you know I had my doubts on getting the 135mm f/2L... but you may have just convinced me. the bokeh is insane, and it is indeed as sharp as a tack, even handheld at night (which is where I want to use it)

thank you for making me spend an additional $1000 on my rig...!

Very good stuff lately everybody...

for me...just another night in the city. It was finally over 30 degrees today, so it was actually worth going out and shooting. I'm feeling creatively empty right now, so bear with me. I need more time to shoot...

I ran into the Holidazzle parade tonight as well. shot the entire thing. but i'm too fucking lazy to go through all of those photos. maybe another time?

The night began with a very nice sunset. unexpected as it was overcast all day, but broke through just as the sun was setting. I didn't get out soon enough, and I was speeding and flying through traffic as it was to get to higher ground. needless to say I failed, but snapped this from the car window as I sped past the Guthrie Theater district.

5216447793_cbd1117170_z.jpg

and began my walk in the best possible area of town. Sex World.

5217035796_a09d3949b2_z.jpg

Snow was melting today with the warmer temperatures, so it was a very wet night out.

5216448763_afbb2edce7_z.jpg

came across a bunch of interesting signs, tags, and other media tonight. here are some.

5216449365_da8397b5dd_z.jpg

We might not have Rockefeller Center Ice rink, but they make one every year downtown in the park...not even close yet.

5217041780_8b79cae6d0_z.jpg

There was a huge ad for Captain Morgan Rum here a few weeks ago when I was shooting, now, an entire wall of Doves. one with a smiley face

5217039248_81fd36096a_z.jpg

Had to take relieve myself in an alleyway (was out for 4 hours due to the unexpected parade, and needed to go...) and found this behind a strip club in the warehouse district, appropriate, no?

5217044822_b1313028c2_z.jpg

and throughout my photographic travels, I always seem to stumble on left over furniture, its everywhere.

5216456389_65258b20bb_z.jpg

5216455673_f64fd1376e_z.jpg

My favorite part about this section of town is how the sidewalks are about 2 feet above the street level each time they cross in front of a warehouse building. They never changed the height of the old loading docks that used to be there, and just put sidewalk on top of them. It gives the neighborhood a very unique feel, as you're constantly going up and down these areas.

Some concrete water sculpture, off for the winter.

5217040252_ba063ccf4c_z.jpg

a few more...

did some people shooting as well.

mouthed, "can I take your picture" through the window to this girl, who was kind enough to say yes...

5217037948_406ab78025_z.jpg

this one was a candid grab, but it great so i didn't want to miss it

5216450633_8f3327cd97_z.jpg

and a crappy one. broken light. bokeh, boring.

5216457761_738722b047_z.jpg

Paul & Doc - lovin the pics. I need to go back to London!

-Z-, splendid as always! Yeah, the 135 is sweet. And Farhad - it's on my list, this was a rental! Maybe I'll try the 85 next...

TV - killer vest!

Morse - we should do a supercanine meet-up!

Dog park action today...

f6b9fb9a.jpg

2202daf4.jpg

20817d8e.jpg

bbb22b79.jpg

Lostinthesupermarket - it is surprising that we've no snow. But it's plently cold...

68679de4.jpg

waywt

97efdf08.jpg

Earlier tonight, we hung out at my cousins place. The kids got to play - Flatheads in action!

07ba2beb.jpg

The littlest one really likes sagging & stacks!

6511aa2b.jpg

Tiger is special - I spent most of the evening chillin with him... Cat therapy!

4bfcfc98.jpg

riff's killin' it as usual... in vegas all week w/o my dslr so here are some cell phone shots:

- yesterday -

woke up at 6am:

5218558724_91c12517b9_z.jpg

locked in the office most of the day but decided to hold my interviews of potential analysts at the nearby starbucks so i could get out for a bit - this candidate is taking one of our tests:

5218827261_67c93cbaf5_z.jpg

dinner at my fav chinese joint - interesting positioning of the pig head. wonder if they're implying that all men are pigs?

5219479161_f57c1b70b6_z.jpg

on my way to have a few drinks at rojo with an intern:

5220236560_7556deac3b_z.jpg

view from ghost bar:

5220276240_9aa47d0566_z.jpg

Put the Christmas tree stand/fence up and started selling them. Trees wrap around the entire house this year.:D

IMG_1715vgrtr.jpg

IMG_1719vfed.jpg

Anyways to continue the dog theme... Our guy was actually feeling playful and mustered up the courage to walk around the house by himself.

kZx-GvErS4c

i don't like little dogs...but that is a ridiculously cute dog. i feel like I would have trouble if my little girl ever saw that picture. She wouldn't stop asking for one, and I'd have trouble saying no!